wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

37 Pages«<2324252627>»
Nakumatt: Another ailing Kenyan company
alma1
#481 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 10:47:10 AM

PrideInn follows them towards the grave.

They could not pay, 69 million. 69 million...And we are laughing at Nakumatt.

http://www.businessdaily...22254-dcvymnz/index.html
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Ericsson
#482 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 11:03:57 AM

[quote=alma1]PrideInn follows them towards the grave.

http://www.businessdaily...2254-dcvymnz/index.html[/quote]

The economy is dying.
sh.69mn is alot of money
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#483 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 11:08:13 AM

Ericsson wrote:

The economy is dying.
sh.69mn is alot of money

Debt is/was a 2012 affair yawa d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
penkon
#484 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 11:31:50 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The economy is dying.
sh.69mn is alot of money

The secret formula I work with is; Happy Staff = Happy Customers = Happy Profits = Happy Stakeholders ~ S. Noorani
muandiwambeu
#485 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 11:34:51 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The economy is dying.
sh.69mn is alot of money

Who can pierce the viel and lay the debt levels at nakumatt with local banks. How could the banks be the last on this saga.
Banks must have been supporting inefficient businesses and facilitating shafting of middle class big time. The taunted growth was in virtual world and not real at all. Sooner or latter foreclosures will be theain talk. I need a safe place keep my wealth and save myself the deflation hell.
NSE has some time at the mechanic before spanner works is over. Cracks emerging very fast.
Somebody should hit the brakes at the right time. For now, it has to be cause multiplier effect failed and no Government wants to run such an economy it can not multiply and divide.
The story begin like this...
Uchumi got whacky first
Exposed banks taken to the cleaners
Nakuhurt dancing like a drunken master
Sublime Court darted the economy with poisoned darts
Kenyans dancing to the rythms
Recreations and luxury commodities on rhe rise
My memory fails me, hope its not dementia or something. Wazua, help me put up this together. Probably we will write the history together for the next rainy day.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
maka
#486 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:13:54 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The economy is dying.
sh.69mn is alot of money

Who can pierce the viel and lay the debt levels at nakumatt with local banks. How could the banks be the last on this saga.
Banks must have been supporting inefficient businesses and facilitating shafting of middle class big time. The taunted growth was in virtual world and not real at all. Sooner or latter foreclosures will be theain talk. I need a safe place keep my wealth and save myself the deflation hell.
NSE has some time at the mechanic before spanner works is over. Cracks emerging very fast.
Somebody should hit the brakes at the right time. For now, it has to be cause multiplier effect failed and no Government wants to run such an economy it can not multiply and divide.
Uchumi got whacky first
My memory fails me, hope its not dementia or something. Wazua, help me put up this together. Probably we will write the history together for the next rainy day.

The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), in its capacity as the chief protector of depositors’ interests, is such a major stakeholder in this. As at August 2016, the retail chain owed commercial banks a total of Sh13 billion-spread across 10 banks.
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#487 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:21:48 PM

maka wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The economy is dying.
sh.69mn is alot of money

Uchumi got whacky first

The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), in its capacity as the chief protector of depositors’ interests, is such a major stakeholder in this. As at August 2016, the retail chain owed commercial banks a total of Sh13 billion-spread across 10 banks.

The Nakumatt one is well spread, even KQ and many other organizations and individuals owe banks billions. without borrowing, banks wouldn't survive!!! Risk assessment ni yao .... they went to Nakumatt thinking individuals are to risk and cost inefficient to lend to. They are paying for their risk assessment anomalies!!!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Mike Ock
#488 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 3:17:12 PM

alma1 wrote:

http://www.businessdaily...2254-dcvymnz/index.html

and the way I used to hold the CEO Hasnain Noorani in high regard. One of the few muhindi businessmen who could trust Kenyans with management positions. Seems like these hyped up companies in Kenya should be taken with a humongous pinch of salt
muandiwambeu
#489 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 3:50:24 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
alma1 wrote:

and the way I used to hold the CEO Hasnain Noorani in high regard. One of the few muhindi businessmen who could trust Kenyans with management positions. Seems like these hyped up companies in Kenya should be taken with a humongous pinch of salt

Kenya retail market is a gloomy sad story. How can you grow you business to such heights and then see it crumbling on yourself. Was there not ART, uchumi(icu and sedated) now nakumatt. Makes me feel sick.
So whomever is building an empire in this sector ultimately now has a record to break. Thieving kenyans.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#490 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 6:05:32 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Kenya retail market is a gloomy sad story. How can you grow you business to such heights and then see it crumbling on yourself. Was there not ART, uchumi(icu and sedated) now nakumatt. Makes me feel sick.
So whomever is building an empire in this sector ultimately now has a record to break. Thieving kenyans.

The two men are to be blamed.. Honestly I believe I could be a better leader for this nation than the current offering. Thugging of hitherto unseen levels has brought the country to its knees. Our economy is dying..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
whiteowl
#491 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 9:53:16 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The economy is dying.
sh.69mn is alot of money

Uchumi got whacky first

The Nakumatt one is well spread, even KQ and many other organizations and individuals owe banks billions. without borrowing, banks wouldn't survive!!! Risk assessment ni yao .... they went to Nakumatt thinking individuals are to risk and cost inefficient to lend to. They are paying for their risk assessment anomalies!!!!!!

I have a friend who has offer letters from 2 banks for a 150M loan with little or no risk assessment so banks are to blame when such loans are defaulted.More due diligence should be done else their NPLs will continue to balloon.
obiero
#492 Posted : Tuesday, October 03, 2017 10:39:59 PM

whiteowl wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

The economy is dying.
sh.69mn is alot of money

Uchumi got whacky first

I have a friend who has offer letters from 2 banks for a 150M loan with little or no risk assessment so banks are to blame when such loans are defaulted.More due diligence should be done else their NPLs will continue to balloon.

Those must be two small banks which are ready to risk it all

KulaRaha
#493 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 9:53:42 AM

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
winmak
#494 Posted : Thursday, October 05, 2017 10:22:31 AM

KulaRaha wrote:

Now way or no way????
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Mike Ock
#495 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 1:15:38 AM

obiero
#496 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 6:57:57 AM

Mike Ock wrote:

This market is gonna crash

Chaka
#497 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 8:08:16 AM

What is mentally insane?Is there another form of insanity that is not mental?

Mike Ock wrote:

Ericsson
#498 Posted : Friday, October 06, 2017 12:19:35 PM

Nakumatt Emali closed
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
KulaRaha
#499 Posted : Saturday, October 07, 2017 12:11:12 PM

Westgate closes tomorrow
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
mamilli
#500 Posted : Saturday, October 07, 2017 1:09:38 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Nakumatt Emali closed

Jeso! I remember sometime back some wazuans mulled over Nakumatt listing! The shafting that would have befallen wanjiku would have by far exceeded the Home-afrika debacle.kweli mungu anatupenda.
Never lose your position in a bull market,BTFD.