Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

37 Pages«<1213141516>»
Nakumatt: Another ailing Kenyan company
Uram
#261 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 2:41:06 PM

FRM2011
#262 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 3:05:04 PM

Uram wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
KCC delight yoghurt ? Really?

I hear the mzee has been turning down each potential investor by refusing to cede control. Let it go down. One of the competitors will quickly fill in the gap left.

Those who are suggesting a taxpayer bailout. Please let me know where we are picking the forms. My petrol station venture flopped one year ago. I need to get a bailout as well.
#263 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 4:03:33 PM

Uram wrote:

When it rains, it pours!

But surely, why would they give 12 cheques to one supplier knowing very well that they will all bounce???

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#264 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 4:44:50 PM

The price for unnecessary expansion, wanting to be in every mall
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kawi254
#265 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 4:50:06 PM

2012 wrote:
Uram wrote:

When it rains, it pours!

But surely, why would they give 12 cheques to one supplier knowing very well that they will all bounce???

My suspicion is that the under-stocked branches are what Nakumatt will downsize on and they probably just letting the lease run out and current stock sell out before announcing closure of those branches. There was some #fakeNews of branches to be closed and TRM was one of them. TRM probably already suspecting Nakumatt is getting out and wants to cut its losses.
obiero
#266 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 5:08:21 PM

kawi254 wrote:
2012 wrote:
Uram wrote:

When it rains, it pours!

My suspicion is that the under-stocked branches are what Nakumatt will downsize on and they probably just letting the lease run out and current stock sell out before announcing closure of those branches. There was some #fakeNews of branches to be closed and TRM was one of them. TRM probably already suspecting Nakumatt is getting out and wants to cut its losses.

You could be right, but I believe that the company as a whole is in trouble.. It may not be just a TRM issue

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#267 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 5:31:14 PM

kawi254 wrote:
2012 wrote:
Uram wrote:

When it rains, it pours!

@Kawi
Do you have the list of the branches that were to be closed down in the fake news.
Some of these things might actually turn out to be true
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#268 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 5:43:19 PM

Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
2012 wrote:
Uram wrote:

When it rains, it pours!

@Kawi
Do you have the list of the branches that were to be closed down in the fake news.

No fake news.. Some links to help http://www.newvision.co....t-shuts-branches-uganda

http://www.the-star.co.k...-hiring-in-cost_c1557288

whiteowl
#269 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 5:45:07 PM

Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
2012 wrote:
Uram wrote:

When it rains, it pours!

@Kawi

TRM, Garden City, Lavington, Westlands* , Embakasi and Kitisuru.There are two more I cant remember.
hardwood
#270 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 6:05:06 PM

Ericsson
#271 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 6:13:06 PM

whiteowl wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
2012 wrote:
Uram wrote:

When it rains, it pours!

@Kawi

TRM, Garden City, Lavington, Westlands* , Embakasi and Kitisuru.There are two more I cant remember.

Embakasi they are relocating to the adjacent South Field mall
Westlands most probably will be UKay they will be shutting down.
Garden city--May be
TRM--May be
Kitusuru--May be
Lavington--May be
KondooEconomist
#272 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 6:26:00 PM

Is it true that TRM is owned by Thiagarajan Ramamurthy (TRM)?
obiero
#273 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 7:28:01 PM

KondooEconomist wrote:

SMH

streetwise
#274 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 10:16:24 PM

Some one took the money somewhere. Question ? Does one steal from himself ?
obiero
#275 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 10:25:13 PM

streetwise wrote:

Retail in Kenya is dying..

Ericsson
#276 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 10:32:54 PM

obiero wrote:
streetwise wrote:

Retail in Kenya is dying..

It's undergoing a reset due to poor planning.
Confirm if it's true that Nakumatt/Atul Shah paid Harun Mwau sh.3bn to acquire bis 7.7% stake
Lolest!
#277 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 12:14:05 AM

obiero wrote:
KondooEconomist wrote:

SMH

Reminds me of the Moi era rumour that BIDCO was BIwott Daniel COmpany...
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Mike Ock
#278 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 1:07:57 AM

obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/Nakumatt-fights-to-stop-auctioneers-in-TRM-rent-war/539550-3997462-uyivd1z/index.html

Quote:
Retail chain Nakumatt’s troubles have deepened after one of its creditors, Thika Road Mall (TRM), attached large amounts of the supermarket’s goods and equipment seeking to recover Sh51 million in rent arrears.
TRM, through Moran Auctioneers, seized a number of Nakumatt’s assets, including six moving trucks, 400 customer trolleys, office furniture, ovens and other electrical appliances, forcing the retailer to rush to court for an order temporarily suspending the auction.

Waah free fall...

Rent lazima walipe.. Hope the court hears none of the nonsense

Kifo cha nyani moment...TRM does not want to be caught up with Section 472 and 481
Quote:
If a person (whether or not a landlord or person entitled to rent) has distrained on the property of the company during the three months immediately preceding the date of the liquidation order, that property, or the proceeds of its sale, is charged for the benefit of the company with the preferential debts of the company to the extent that the company's assets are for the time being insufficient to satisfy them.

Quote:
the creditor is not entitled to retain the benefit of the execution or attachment against the liquidator unless the creditor has completed the execution or attachment before the commencement of the liquidation

Sad that this monkey is another victim of the interest rate cap it can't access credit to keep it running. Other monkey firms will go down with this monkey.

Credit runs the economy, if Nakumatt of all companies is being denied credit, what about Simo wa carwash or Jane wa Abuja braids

Let's not bring Jubilee into this matter. Nakumatt is where it is because of poor debt management. You want them to seek more debt to pay off bad debt? Business would become insolvent before the year is out.
Kusadikika
#279 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 4:50:50 AM

Woie!!! Auctioneers are crazy. What are they going to do with 11 packets of KCC Delight Yogurt and 400 shopping trolleys??

This is going to get ugly because I hear Nakumatt actually does not own anything in its stores. The inventory belongs to the suppliers who are paid after goods are sold. All shelves in the store and other tools of trade including I suspect the shopping trolleys and fridges are leased from third parties, premises are all rented so the only thing that Nakumatt owns is the name Nakumatt.
whiteowl
#280 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 6:11:21 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
Woie!!! Auctioneers are crazy. What are they going to do with 11 packets of KCC Delight Yogurt and 400 shopping trolleys??

This is going to get ugly because I hear Nakumatt actually does not own anything in its stores. The inventory belongs to the suppliers who are paid after goods are sold. All shelves in the store and other tools of trade including I suspect the shopping trolleys and fridges are leased from third parties, premises are all rented so the only thing that Nakumatt owns is the name Nakumatt.

The only colateral banks n suppliers have is "trust"