wazua Tue, May 14, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

37 Pages«<1112131415>»
Nakumatt: Another ailing Kenyan company
maka
#241 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 10:52:52 PM

Surething wrote:
My only tie with Nakumatt is their loyalty card where I have accumulated 13,000 points...... I wonder whether we'll ever have a chance to redeem them?

Sahau kabisa....
possunt quia posse videntur
Mike Ock
#242 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:01:18 AM

Surething wrote:
My only tie with Nakumatt is their loyalty card where I have accumulated 13,000 points...... I wonder whether we'll ever have a chance to redeem them?

No redeeming for now.
Swenani
#243 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 4:52:30 AM

Surething wrote:

don't lose hope, in case of liquidation you might be paid after the employees and just before the shareholders if anything will be left by then
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
sparkly
#244 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:14:07 AM

2012 wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Sober wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Similar products are priced higher in Nakumatt than in Tuskys
http://www.businessdaily...87532-tv1hlq/index.html

Nakumatt should be liquidated,suppliers paid their debt and the chain folded.Naivas and Tuskys can fill the gap

Shindwe

The future of retailing in Kenya is Naivas and Chandarana.

I cannot agree with you more, Chandarana have been very strategic in their expansion plan. doing like one or two stores after a couple of years.

Naivas are holding some key locations, a case in point is the westlands one that is always full and will never dissapoint when one needs household goods including mboga.

Naivas will be king soon

Some years back, I hadn't shopped at any of their branches. Now they're everywhere. Outside Nairobi they have a good footprint

I think Carrefour is the one to watch since they have experience elsewhere.
Somehowly, our local supermarkets start disintegrating when they grow big.

Future of retail is online.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#245 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 9:47:12 AM

6 branches already shut;4 in Uganda and 2 in kenya.
They were to shut down 18 branches so 12 more to go
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Bigchick
#246 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 1:23:49 PM

Given the ripple effect if this giant falls,is there something that we the customers can do to save it?

I believe there is a way out.Lets put our ideas here.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
obiero
#247 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 2:13:08 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Given the ripple effect if this giant falls,is there something that we the customers can do to save it?

Yaliyo ndwele sipite.. Only the company can save itself from itself

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
washiku
#248 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 4:29:28 PM

sparkly wrote:
2012 wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Sober wrote:
hardwood wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Similar products are priced higher in Nakumatt than in Tuskys
http://www.businessdaily...87532-tv1hlq/index.html

Nakumatt should be liquidated,suppliers paid their debt and the chain folded.Naivas and Tuskys can fill the gap

Shindwe

The future of retailing in Kenya is Naivas and Chandarana.

I cannot agree with you more, Chandarana have been very strategic in their expansion plan. doing like one or two stores after a couple of years.

Naivas are holding some key locations, a case in point is the westlands one that is always full and will never dissapoint when one needs household goods including mboga.

Naivas will be king soon

Some years back, I hadn't shopped at any of their branches. Now they're everywhere. Outside Nairobi they have a good footprint

I think Carrefour is the one to watch since they have experience elsewhere.
Somehowly, our local supermarkets start disintegrating when they grow big.[/quote
Future of retail is online.

True.
WWW.AMASEMART.COM
hardwood
#249 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 7:26:34 PM

Bigchick wrote:

When "giant Uchumi" fell there were no ripple effects. So just relax. Others will quietly fill the void. FYI there was a time Jack n Jill and Ebrahims were king. They call it natural selection aka survival of (for?) the fittest.
ARAP CHARLES
#250 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2017 8:12:50 PM

I heard They are cautioning themselves against the uncertainty of the General election by avoiding perishable goods.. I don't know how true it is. reserving their Ksh. in Bank.
Watch and Listen and Live
Bigchick
#251 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 3:46:13 AM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
I heard They are cautioning themselves against the uncertainty of the General election by avoiding perishable goods.. I don't know how true it is. reserving their Ksh. in Bank.

Kwani they are the only ones going through the elections?
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Ericsson
#252 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 10:05:45 AM

http://kenyanwallstreet....ne-salaries-instalments

With this, Nakumatt management will implement the new pay scale for June 2017 salaries as follows;

In the first week of the month, they will be paid 30%
In the second week of the month, they will be paid 30%
In the third week of the month, they will be paid 40%
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#253 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 10:10:42 AM

Ericsson wrote:
http://kenyanwallstreet.com/shutting-three-branches-uganda-nakumatt-pay-june-salaries-instalments

With this, Nakumatt management will implement the new pay scale for June 2017 salaries as follows;

In the first week of the month, they will be paid 30%
In the second week of the month, they will be paid 30%
In the third week of the month, they will be paid 40%

Its a pity

hardwood
#254 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 11:01:09 AM

http://www.businessdaily...7462-uyivd1z/index.html

Quote:
Retail chain Nakumatt’s troubles have deepened after one of its creditors, Thika Road Mall (TRM), attached large amounts of the supermarket’s goods and equipment seeking to recover Sh51 million in rent arrears.
TRM, through Moran Auctioneers, seized a number of Nakumatt’s assets, including six moving trucks, 400 customer trolleys, office furniture, ovens and other electrical appliances, forcing the retailer to rush to court for an order temporarily suspending the auction.
maka
#255 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 11:12:47 AM

hardwood wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/Nakumatt-fights-to-stop-auctioneers-in-TRM-rent-war/539550-3997462-uyivd1z/index.html

Quote:
Retail chain Nakumatt’s troubles have deepened after one of its creditors, Thika Road Mall (TRM), attached large amounts of the supermarket’s goods and equipment seeking to recover Sh51 million in rent arrears.
TRM, through Moran Auctioneers, seized a number of Nakumatt’s assets, including six moving trucks, 400 customer trolleys, office furniture, ovens and other electrical appliances, forcing the retailer to rush to court for an order temporarily suspending the auction.

Waah free fall...

possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#256 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 11:22:26 AM

maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/Nakumatt-fights-to-stop-auctioneers-in-TRM-rent-war/539550-3997462-uyivd1z/index.html

Quote:

Waah free fall...

Rent lazima walipe.. Hope the court hears none of the nonsense

Angelica _ann
#257 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 11:44:34 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Waah free fall...

It has gotten in to this for Nakumatt, kulipa salaries in bits, rent issues and empty selves.Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#258 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 11:49:19 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Waah free fall...

It has gotten in to this for Nakumatt, kulipa salaries in bits, rent issues and empty selves.Sad Sad Sad

These are the signs of the impending death of the company.
wukan
#259 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 11:51:38 AM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Waah free fall...

Kifo cha nyani moment...TRM does not want to be caught up with Section 472 and 481
Quote:
If a person (whether or not a landlord or person entitled to rent) has distrained on the property of the company during the three months immediately preceding the date of the liquidation order, that property, or the proceeds of its sale, is charged for the benefit of the company with the preferential debts of the company to the extent that the company's assets are for the time being insufficient to satisfy them.

Quote:
the creditor is not entitled to retain the benefit of the execution or attachment against the liquidator unless the creditor has completed the execution or attachment before the commencement of the liquidation

Sad that this monkey is another victim of the interest rate cap it can't access credit to keep it running. Other monkey firms will go down with this monkey.
obiero
#260 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2017 12:50:54 PM

wukan wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Waah free fall...

Kifo cha nyani moment...TRM does not want to be caught up with Section 472 and 481
Quote:
If a person (whether or not a landlord or person entitled to rent) has distrained on the property of the company during the three months immediately preceding the date of the liquidation order, that property, or the proceeds of its sale, is charged for the benefit of the company with the preferential debts of the company to the extent that the company's assets are for the time being insufficient to satisfy them.

Quote:
the creditor is not entitled to retain the benefit of the execution or attachment against the liquidator unless the creditor has completed the execution or attachment before the commencement of the liquidation

Sad that this monkey is another victim of the interest rate cap it can't access credit to keep it running. Other monkey firms will go down with this monkey.

Credit runs the economy, if Nakumatt of all companies is being denied credit, what about Simo wa carwash or Jane wa Abuja braids