wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<34567>»
Kengen FY16
Ericsson
#81 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:26:27 PM

@Ebenyo
Do your analysis properly.
Get the total number of issued shares for both KQ and KENGEN.
Those percentages you are mentioning are confusing you
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#82 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:29:37 PM

@Ebenyo
Don't also forget that KLM owns 26% of KQ.
Putting the two shareholding together comes to 55%
VituVingiSana
#83 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 9:56:00 PM

KenGen wants to take on MORE debt after a massive Rights Issue that was used to REDUCE debt.

http://www.businessdaily...50984-sf8swez/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#84 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2016 10:05:54 PM

@VVS
KENGEN early this year borrowed a short term loan of sh.1.55bn from Citibank which must be repaid by next month.

That taking in of more debt will be slow as gava is trying to avoid excessive power which leads to higher power bills.
Look at how they have screwed Centum with the Lamu coal power project
VituVingiSana
#85 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 2:47:12 AM

Ericsson wrote:
@VVS
KENGEN early this year borrowed a short term loan of sh.1.55bn from Citibank which must be repaid by next month.
How is this being funded? Also explains the zero dividend for 2016.

That taking in of more debt will be slow as gava is trying to avoid excessive power which leads to higher power bills.
Unfortunately for Kenyans (via KPLC) the projects already in play eg the OR Power geothermal plant that went online, the Turkana Wind Project, etc will be billed to us for capacity charges. ERC increased the "fuel levy" on account of the new ORPower geothermal plant.
Look at how they have screwed Centum with the Lamu coal power project
This sort of BS comes back and will bite us (as Kenyans) in the bum as investors lose faith. This just confirms my conviction not to invest in GoK firms!

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#86 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 7:45:31 AM

The reality looks like Kengen cannot survive without debts.The idea is to play around their debt to equity ratio.When its high,they look for ways to reduce it in order to borrow more.Besides rights issue,what other ways do they have of reducing debt ratio? i guess after deceiving investors to buy into this year rights,they wont repeat the trick again in the near future.
This paints a gloomy picture of this company.Debts,debts,debts and more debts.This is the route that many Gok controlled firms currently under ICU passed.KQ,Mumias and Eapc.
Why is Gok holding kengen and kenya power so tightly? They hold 70% in kengen and 50% in kenya power.Maybe because they use the two companies for political propaganda.
Since the head of Gok is a politician,i guess im screwed as an investor in these companies.But since im a kenyan citizen,i will have to go by what my country put on the table.I cant be american,or german or france.
Will Gok one day cede ground in these companies? like what they did with safcom? Will they be afraid to loose their propaganda tools? Safaricom is so good because they did let go majority shareholding.

Towards the goal of financial freedom
wukan
#87 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 11:07:39 AM

See how East Africa portland is reporting skeletons after the hire of private auditors. Auditor-general should do something similar for kengen. Looking at the annual report those directors and employees look well-fed.
moneydust
#88 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 1:32:19 PM

wukan wrote:
See how East Africa portland is reporting skeletons after the hire of private auditors. Auditor-general should do something similar for kengen. Looking at the annual report those directors and employees look well-fed.

The delegated auditor for Kengen is Pricewaterhousecoopers.

i think the reason why the auditor is releasing this bombshell is because the company is going down and the auditors dont want to be caught in another Uchumi like situation.
Ericsson
#89 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 5:18:34 PM

Recent Kengen rise is a classic game of manipulation by the big boys.
KENGEN declared full year profits and announced no dividend.
The small timers panick and begin a selling spree sending the share price downwards to levels of 5.50.
The big boys meanwhile are buying as the share price falls and once they are done with buying they now start the upward push of the share price.
The share price rises so fast and at levels unaffordable for the small timers who sold when the full year results were announced.
Share price will be back to levels pre-full year results announcement and the biggest losers will therefore be the ones who sold due to panick and anger.

Kweli stock market isn't for the faint hearted.
Ebenyo
#90 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:34:02 PM

Ericsson wrote:
The small timers panick and begin a selling spree sending the share price downwards to levels of 5.50.
The big boys meanwhile are buying as the share price falls and once they are done with buying they now start the upward push of the share price.
The share price rises so fast and at levels unaffordable for the small timers who sold when the full year results were announced.
Share price will be back to levels pre-full year results announcement and the biggest losers will therefore be the ones who sold due to panick and anger.

Did u read @karasinga analysis? he correctly reflected it in his forecast.
maka
#91 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:03:54 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Soko ina wenyewe...
possunt quia posse videntur
obiero
#92 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 10:04:14 PM

maka wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Soko ina wenyewe...

If one can't trade, better watch from outside. Lack of information in the NSE could cost you a lifetime!

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ebenyo
#93 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 9:17:54 AM

Ericsson wrote:

@Ericson,the price is now 6.20.
I did manage to scoop some more at 5.58.My abp is still high at 6.70 so the current price is still a buy for me.
Hy results will be due on february 2017.Let me see between now and then how things turn out.How is your situation?
obiero
#94 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 3:23:34 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I did manage to scoop some more at 5.58.My abp is still high at 6.70 so the current price is still a buy for me.
Hy results will be due on february 2017.Let me see between now and then how things turn out.How is your situation?

My prayers are with you

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#95 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 5:04:02 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

My prayers are with you

Pray for me too to get +100% return in 1 year.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ebenyo
#96 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 8:13:16 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

My prayers are with you

@Obiero,Thanks.
Ebenyo
#97 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 8:22:38 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

My prayers are with you

Pray for me too to get +100% return in 1 year.

@Sparky,it will be well with you.
Ericsson
#98 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 8:07:53 PM

Tenure of the current CEO eng Albert Mugo has been extended by one year
sparkly
#99 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2017 8:13:50 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Tenure of the current CEO eng Albert Mugo has been extended by one year

Rink?