wazua Wed, Apr 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<1213141516>»
Kengen FY16
obiero
#261 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 8:33:26 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
I am well. I admit I didn't see PIC allowed to buy the untaken rights after the Rights Issue. There's plenty of time left. At least, KenGen isn't being boosted by speculation like KQ. I remain bullish KK and plan to boost my holdings soon. Profits galore despite the challenges.

Infact the only difference is PIC.after they took the shares that was not taken during the rights,they continued adding more from the bourse.These helped increased the price.Without them the price would have been stagnant at 6.00-6.55.

Even PIC are in speculation if taken literally. Stock picking is fraught with risk and the highest risk avails the highest return

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ebenyo
#262 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 10:17:01 AM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
I am well. I admit I didn't see PIC allowed to buy the untaken rights after the Rights Issue. There's plenty of time left. At least, KenGen isn't being boosted by speculation like KQ. I remain bullish KK and plan to boost my holdings soon. Profits galore despite the challenges.

Infact the only difference is PIC.after they took the shares that was not taken during the rights,they continued adding more from the bourse.These helped increased the price.Without them the price would have been stagnant at 6.00-6.55.

Even PIC are in speculation if taken literally. Stock picking is fraught with risk and the highest risk avails the highest return

I dont think they are speculating.This is a southafrican company responsible for pension funds of govt workers.I think they are in for longterm as their main interest is dividend.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
sparkly
#263 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 1:51:04 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I dont think they are speculating.This is a southafrican company responsible for pension funds of govt workers.I think they are in for longterm as their main interest is dividend.

Obiero doesn't know the difference between speculating and investing.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#264 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 2:48:55 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

So PIC when loading up on KEGN that is called investing but when IFC loads up on KQ that's speculation.. @sparkly you are a genius

sparkly
#265 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 2:52:05 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

So PIC when loading up on KEGN that is called investing but when IFC loads up on KQ that's speculation.. @sparkly you are a genius

Tell us the difference between investing and speculating. It doesn't take a genius to do so.
obiero
#266 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 2:52:51 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

obiero
#267 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 2:54:48 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Tell us the difference between investing and speculating. It doesn't take a genius to do so.

The two are intertwined, but with varying degree of risk. E.g the people who bought land at Syokimau airport area must have thought they were investing.. But it turns out to be worse than speculation. The road to financial success is not one, many roads can take you there and so if you see me on Jogoo Road, do not force me to go to Eastern bypass

sparkly
#268 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 3:49:02 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The two are intertwined, but with varying degree of risk. E.g the people who bought land at Syokimau airport area must have thought they were investing.. But it turns out to be worse than speculation. The road to financial success is not one, many roads can take you there and so if you see me on Jogoo Road, do not force me to go to Eastern bypass

Quote:
The main difference between speculating and investing is the amount of of risk undertaken in the trade. Typically, high-risk trades that are almost akin to gambling fall under the umbrella of speculation , whereas lower-risk investments based on fundamentals and analysis fall into the category of investing.

Investopedia
Spikes
#269 Posted : Thursday, June 01, 2017 3:53:49 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Quote:
The main difference between speculating and investing is the amount of of risk undertaken in the trade. Typically, high-risk trades that are almost akin to gambling fall under the umbrella of speculation , whereas lower-risk investments based on fundamentals and analysis fall into the category of investing.

Investopedia

Virtually
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Horton
#270 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 1:53:08 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The people who bought land in syokimau didnt get titles. If you dont do your homework and put in money with the blind expectation of making money that is known as gambling. But yes, road to success are many, as long as you have done ur research.
VituVingiSana
#271 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 2:15:41 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

How did it work out for IFC?
I'd rather buy KenGen than KQ.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#272 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 7:23:54 AM

USA has pulled out of Paris Agreement.
This means funding for green energy such as wind and solar is dead.
Investments will now be more in Coal,geothermal,hydro-electricity,nuclear,diesel,natural gas fired power plants
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#273 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 10:33:05 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Investments will now be more in Coal,geothermal,hydro-electricity,nuclear,diesel,natural gas fired power plants

Not so. Funding can still be sourced from other non-USG sources. Trump is an aberration. At most another 3.5 years of his policies and then saner heads will prevail.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#274 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 1:33:41 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Oil barons fighting back. Now USA, Syria and Nicaragua are the only countries out of the Pact.
quicksand
#275 Posted : Friday, June 02, 2017 3:12:26 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Not so. Funding can still be sourced from other non-USG sources. Trump is an aberration. At most another 3.5 years of his policies and then saner heads will prevail.

The withdrawal will take full effect in Nov 2020 (don't have the ref to substantiate that but its out there) ...assuming it sails smoothly through the bureaucracy...around the time Americans will be going to the polls again.
I think the guy is creating a distraction from his Russia woes,..speaking of Russia, thumbs up Putin. Russia wins the cold war by triggering American self immolation after a particularly long battle of wits
sparkly
#276 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 1:33:12 PM

Kengen about to blow the 8.00 resistance but supply coming in to calm the bulls.
Ericsson
#277 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:51:28 AM

sparkly wrote:
Kengen about to blow the 8.00 resistance but supply coming in to calm the bulls.

At 8.15 with a high of 8.80.
sparkly
#278 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 1:13:19 PM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:

No kidding! And the supply is drying up fast.
hisah
#279 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 2:04:38 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:

No kidding! And the supply is drying up fast.

Nice rally from the 5 handle level. From 8.50 to 11.50 level is a solid resistance level. Bulls will likely start struggling in this zone.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Ericsson
#280 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 3:58:39 PM

Highest gainer this year with an appreciation of 42.24% year to date