#201 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:33:25 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
karasinga wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
moneydust wrote:
karasinga wrote:
moneydust wrote:
[quote=hisah]@moneydust from a TA perspective if this counter closes the month above the 6.00 handle, that will be an awesome reversal in favour of the bulls.

@hisah I guess the question now is 'Does one hold or sell to get in at a lower entry point??'d'oh! d'oh!

I know hisah will answer this better. If I may comment, your question drives us back to your trading plan. What does you trading plan say about your situation? if hold, please do. if sell, you should have done that already. if no plan... sit down and
make one...(no offense). Trust
me, it will really help
[/quote
I would like to hold this share for
the long term.My average buying
price is 6.50.I am cognisant of the fact that the market is bearish, and therefore the recent Kengen rally might be temporary.Since I would not wish to inject morecash in this counter,I would think if the share is headed lower in the short term,I should sell now @6.30-6.50,make a slight loss
but in a few months enter at a lower price of sub 5.50.
In the process I would end up with more shares than I currently
have without adding cash.
The only question is if the share
is going to go to the lows am talking about,therein lies my dilemma.

Th best decision here is to wait for that low price.Since your abp is 6.50,you will bring it down to 5.85 by buying at 5.50 and that will be helpful to you in future. Karasinga has confirmed that the current rally is shortlived.So wait for the prices to come down and buy.This way is stress free then your idea of trying to time the market.You will easily get burnt

Timing the market is a waste of energy. If you belief a share is undervalued then buy.

Personally I buy if the share has an upside of 50% or more.

Please do not quote me. What I said was nothing but my opinion. I might be wrong you know... DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE. might need to be careful what I write or gradualy avoid it... no kidding
best wishes

Karasinga dont worry about me.Im a long term investor.My decisions are based mainly on fundamentals and not price movements.But i
appreciate your work here.Its very informative.
I make my own decisions alone.

fair enough ebenyo. Something to be mindful of; last 3 trading days have volume price anomalies- doji's with above average volume near a supply zone. Does it sound like accumulation or distribution?
best wishes
It's not over until I win
skype id: karasinga. email: kkarasinga@gmail.com
cnn
#202 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:02:37 AM

Public investment Corporation Ltd for South African Government employees pension fund to be allotted 351 million ordinary shares in Kengen @ 6.55
Spikes
#203 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:24:39 AM

cnn wrote:
Public investment Corporation Ltd for South African Government employees pension fund to be allotted 351 million ordinary shares in Kengen @ 6.55

Are you implying further dilution?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Pesa Nane
#204 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:40:02 AM

cnn wrote:

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
kawi254
#205 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:47:47 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
cnn wrote:

Insider trading in NSE is real. The last few days/month volumes indicate some people new this deal was going down.
moneydust
#206 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:50:10 AM

Spikes wrote:
cnn wrote:

This is not good...how can they do that without consulting the shareholders,not that it would matter with GOK being majority shareholder.
It sends terrible signals about this company...
moneydust
#207 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:52:23 AM

moneydust wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cnn wrote:

This is not good...how can they do that without consulting the shareholders,not that it would matter with GOK being majority shareholder.

At the very least they should have sold these shares at a premium to instil some confidence into the market.
Ericsson
#208 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:18:45 AM

The untaken shares during the rights issue ndio hizo zimepeanwa.
GoK shareholding to reduce to 70%
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
karasinga
#209 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:37:19 AM

moneydust wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cnn wrote:

That's why I think for anyone to be good in fundamentals you need to do a lot of homework- charts don't lie. The Insiders will always leave their foot prints for us to interpret.
best wishes
moneydust
#210 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:13:34 PM

karasinga wrote:
moneydust wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cnn wrote:

That's why I think for anyone to be good in fundamentals you need to do a lot of homework- charts don't lie. The Insiders will always leave their foot prints for us to interpret.
best wishes

I wonder who has been buying truckloads of these shares at 6.55.Me thinks, someone was shoring up this stock to justify the sale at the same price to the South Africans.My decision to exit might not have been bad after all.
karasinga
#211 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:43:49 PM

moneydust wrote:
karasinga wrote:
moneydust wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cnn wrote:

best wishes

I wonder who has been buying truckloads of these shares at 6.55.Me thinks, someone was shoring up this stock to justify the sale at the same price to the South Africans.My decision to exit might not have been bad after all.

most probable reasons for such movements were previously listed here.
ngapat
#212 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:28:55 PM

karasinga wrote:
moneydust wrote:
karasinga wrote:
moneydust wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cnn wrote:

best wishes

most probable reasons for such movements were previously listed here.

They should buy from the market
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
Ericsson
#213 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:42:54 PM

moneydust wrote:
Spikes wrote:
cnn wrote:

Reason was to match the funding gap/get the difference in the cash call which fell short of the Sh28.7 billion target.

Rink of the number of untaken rights
http://www.rich.co.ke/me...ublic%20Announcement.pdf
Ebenyo
#214 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:11:34 PM

Rule no 1 never loose money
Rule no 2 dont forget rule no 1
Towards the goal of financial freedom
moneydust
#215 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:52:29 PM

Ericsson wrote:
moneydust wrote:
Spikes wrote:
[quote=cnn] Public investment Corporation Ltd for South African Government employees pension fund to be allotted 351 million ordinary shares in Kengen @ 6.55

Reason was to match the funding gap/get the difference in the cash call which fell short of the Sh28.7 billion target.

http://www.rich.co.ke/me...blic%20Announcement.pdf[/quote]

Did they tell the public that they will be looking for a buyer for these shares??
This amounts to an unannounced dilution.
Ericsson
#216 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:06:41 PM

moneydust wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
moneydust wrote:
Spikes wrote:
[quote=cnn] Public investment Corporation Ltd for South African Government employees pension fund to be allotted 351 million ordinary shares in Kengen @ 6.55

http://www.rich.co.ke/me...blic%20Announcement.pdf[/quote]

Did they tell the public that they will be looking for a buyer for these shares??
This amounts to an unannounced dilution.

It was stated in the information memorandum.
Problem is most kenyans don't read the details
VituVingiSana
#217 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:00:06 PM

http://www.businessdaily...706-10xt67uz/index.html

Good news for KenGen the Company which needs this cash. On the other hand, folks bought Rights Shares at 6.55 [opportunity cost] months ago. No dividend. That 6.55 could have earned interest for those months but...

It would not have made sense for the Pension Fund nor KenGen to buy from the market. KenGen wanted the cash. The Pension Fund ends up with shares worth more i.e. better to give the cash to KenGen to fund the business rather than simply "transfer" cash.

The Pension Fund can always buy more shares [& is likely to do so] from the market.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#218 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 12:37:35 AM

That's a better deal than borrowing.
The amount of money they would have spent as interest payment they can give shareholders as dividend.
Issued shares now rises from 6,243,843,779 to 6,595,084,368
Ebenyo
#219 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 8:26:07 AM

i think there is no cause for alarm.those were the shares which were left during the rights issue.its also a vote of confidence for kengen from an outside pension fund.But who hyped the market with huge volumes before this info was out?
I missed dividends last year and i was very angry.Since my current abp is 6.40,i can easily bolt out of here into another counter im sure of dvds.i might wait for october FY 16results or if the share hits 7.00 i get out.

Towards the goal of financial freedom
sparkly
#220 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 2:50:27 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/KenGen-sell-5pc-stake-South-Africa-pension-fund/539550-3824706-10xt67uz/index.html

Good news for KenGen the Company which needs this cash. On the other hand, folks bought Rights Shares at 6.55 [opportunity cost] months ago. No dividend. That 6.55 could have earned interest for those months but...

It would not have made sense for the Pension Fund nor KenGen to buy from the market. KenGen wanted the cash. The Pension Fund ends up with shares worth more i.e. better to give the cash to KenGen to fund the business rather than simply "transfer" cash.

The Pension Fund can always buy more shares [& is likely to do so] from the market.

Not enough float in the market. They would have to buy out the 2,3,4 and 5th largest shareholders.
Life is short. Live passionately.