wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Agribusiness: Gated Farming
mtaalamu
#1 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 8:01:01 AM

Dear Wazuans,

I would like to tap on the knowledge of fellow members of who have experience buying plots with greenhouses, which are then operated on their behalf by companies/saccos.PRC is one of the companies with this kind of business model,but I am sure there are plenty of others out there.Please share your experiences here, especially regarding whether the seasonal returns(after selling the produce) was as per your expectations etc.
Chaka
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:25:23 PM

If the agribusiness is that profitable,then I would imagine that the SACCOS would be doing it instead of selling the idea to others?
streetwise
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:25:43 PM

Me thinks marketers have just found another term to use to push land into your hands.

It used to be gated community, then gold courses plus gated communities, then plot not it is agribusiness, do I hear also gated agribussiness land for sell.
Sober
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:32:38 PM

Chaka wrote:
If the agribusiness is that profitable,then I would imagine that the SACCOS would be doing it instead of selling the idea to others?

Farming is indeed profitable if done properly and patiently. The SACCOs use member's money to bu ythe land intended for sale so would not be willing to venture in the risky farming business, that is why they are pushing the risk to the buyer after adding the cost of the greenhouses and their profits and packaging the 'dream; rather than the land
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Lolest!
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:20:55 PM

I like the creativity in the real estate sector. You can see why most of the quick money made in Kenya is fron there

But I'll not buy a plot in Malindi or Laikipia just coz it has a greenhouse

Let's hope in the longer run this will slow down the unproductive hunger for tuploti for speculation. We can then at least have some jobs created
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
PeterReborn
#6 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 11:33:14 AM

I went to see Mbuni by PRC over the weekend and it is a reap off. A plot for 700k huko vichakani is crazy.The Kajiado deal by Diamond is much better.
Consistency is better than intensity
shanoka
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:01:34 PM