wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kenya to give Ksh 6 billion AID to South Sudan
hardwood
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 8:31:59 PM

Yep, we will be giving them 6B in aid. I hope we will insist that they put in place proper governance structures and strengthen their anti-corruption body before we can release these funds to them. We must also insist they reduce their budget deficit. And remind them that choices have consequencies. Feels real good to be a donor like the US, UK. Kumbe we are doing this well. I feel very proud to be Kenyan and I should start hanging the Kenyan flag on my compound like the Americans do with their flag.

http://www.the-star.co.k...th-sudan-sh6bn_c1421741

Quote:
Kenya is negotiating a loan for Sh6.077 billion humanitarian and economic aid to struggling South Sudan.

On August 16, the neighbour to the north sent a delegation to Nairobi to ask Kenya for $60 million to buy food, provide basic services and help revive its faltering economy.
FRM2011
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 9:53:30 PM

hardwood wrote:
Yep, we will be giving them 6B in aid. I hope we will insist that they put in place proper governance structures and strengthen their anti-corruption body before we can release these funds to them. We must also insist they reduce their budget deficit. And remind them that choices have consequencies. Feels real good to be a donor like the US, UK. Kumbe we are doing this well. I feel very proud to be Kenyan and I should start hanging the Kenyan flag on my compound like the Americans do with their flag.

Quote:
Kenya is negotiating a loan for Sh6.077 billion humanitarian and economic aid to struggling South Sudan.

On August 16, the neighbour to the north sent a delegation to Nairobi to ask Kenya for $60 million to buy food, provide basic services and help revive its faltering economy.

Wacha nicheke. From time duo took over, they have been borrowing on average kes. 1bn per day. Now they have enough to lend the madmen from s.sudan!

Wasn't eurobond enough ?
Swenani
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:14:55 PM

hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Nimecheka hadi nimemwaga!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
hardwood
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:39:35 PM

Swenani wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Quote:

Nimecheka hadi nimemwaga!

I concur. Feeling ya kuwa donor aka sponsor is just orgasmic. Moving from beggar to donor within such a short time sio mucheso. #Jubilee2032andBeyond
masukuma
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:43:50 PM

people generally owe each other money.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
hardwood
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:09:34 AM

masukuma wrote:

people generally owe each other money.

We should celebrate our achievememts, especially making the humongous move from beggar to donor. We are now in the club of the US, UK, Japan etc. #WeHaveArrived
murchr
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 02, 2020 8:53:28 PM

Hii pesa ili rudishwa?

Quote:
South Sudan’s foreign currency reserves all stolen but the government is making jokes about it

The news, though unsurprising, seems to shock everyone, understandably so, given this will lead to numerous economic challenges that will most likely affect the ordinary population, as they have already been battered by the civil war that started in 2013, and by corruption, the immediate consequences of which include the absence of goods and services. This news was not surprising because the way the bank had been run since it was established in 2005 had always left much to be desired in terms of its ability to be a trusted custodian of the peoples’ resources. There were too many malpractices that were born of incompetence, malfeasance and partly due to the huge revenues from oil giving many people the impression that these were limitless, a resource curse perhaps.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore