9 Pages«<34567>»
Have you ever failed flat in business?
mulla
#81 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2016 5:35:50 PM

sparkly wrote:
mulla wrote:
Nabwire wrote:
RichVee wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]Whah you guys have made me look back and be encouraged. In my old age all along I have only lost about 600k on the outside, pyramid schemes and Sacco guarantees. Sad Am really encouraged Applause

Too careful perhaps? or maybe more sensible than most. But have you actually ventured into business? Because what makes one put in money is the passion and conviction that it will work out...

All said and done, when you rise up from the ashes, you know you can face almost anything, plus it makes for a good story smile

I read somewhere that women are better money managers and I believe it! Hizi figures watu wamepoteza, I highly doubt there are women who have lost that amount. I've lost a tenth of what Amgelica has lost, and I beat myself up constantly over it. Most women I know who re in business are very frugal with their money.

From your statement I can tell you for free you are not cut out for business nor the stock market. Losing money in business is guaranteed like daylight...and I am not talking little money. At the end of it all what matters is you will make more money than you loose. You are constantly in search of the businesses that will work,and if you fail,hey,you grieve,wake up,learn from it and move on.
Reading this forum I am encouraged. I am going through ankther business failure and the same time another business start up. In stock trading i have lost a lot of money but NETT have made more comparatively on the gains.

Right there is the most peddled fallacy... that you have to lose money in business.

You don't go into business to lose money. You go into business to make money, to enjoy the flexibility of working for yourself.

If you are a perpetual failure in business, consider employment. [/quote

All who dare go into business do it in the hope of making money. The fact is more than 90% of new businesses will fail, the US included. Does that mean you give up on business altogether, I don't think so. You survey another venture, if you are passionate about it, go ahead and explore it and learn from your past mistakes. Actually failing in business isn't really "failure" it is taking the lessons from your past ventures and not repeating them again.
kivairu
#82 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2016 7:06:34 PM

Have you ever borrowed money, to close a business? Been there, done that. To avoid being auctioned.Went back to employment.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
sparkly
#83 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 6:21:22 AM

mulla wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mulla wrote:
Nabwire wrote:
RichVee wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]Whah you guys have made me look back and be encouraged. In my old age all along I have only lost about 600k on the outside, pyramid schemes and Sacco guarantees. Sad Am really encouraged Applause

Too careful perhaps? or maybe more sensible than most. But have you actually ventured into business? Because what makes one put in money is the passion and conviction that it will work out...

All said and done, when you rise up from the ashes, you know you can face almost anything, plus it makes for a good story smile

I read somewhere that women are better money managers and I believe it! Hizi figures watu wamepoteza, I highly doubt there are women who have lost that amount. I've lost a tenth of what Amgelica has lost, and I beat myself up constantly over it. Most women I know who re in business are very frugal with their money.

From your statement I can tell you for free you are not cut out for business nor the stock market. Losing money in business is guaranteed like daylight...and I am not talking little money. At the end of it all what matters is you will make more money than you loose. You are constantly in search of the businesses that will work,and if you fail,hey,you grieve,wake up,learn from it and move on.
Reading this forum I am encouraged. I am going through ankther business failure and the same time another business start up. In stock trading i have lost a lot of money but NETT have made more comparatively on the gains.

Right there is the most peddled fallacy... that you have to lose money in business.

You don't go into business to lose money. You go into business to make money, to enjoy the flexibility of working for yourself.

If you are a perpetual failure in business, consider employment. [/quote

All who dare go into business do it in the hope of making money. The fact is more than 90% of new businesses will fail, the US included. Does that mean you give up on business altogether , I don't think so. You survey another venture, if you are passionate about it, go ahead and explore it and learn from your past mistakes. Actually failing in business isn't really "failure" it is taking the lessons from your past ventures and not repeating them again.

Yes that is what it means.

If you are a perpetual failure in business, go get yourself employed then buy passive investments.

I have relatives who refused to be employed, claim to be in business but keep on begging for food and rent every month.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Bigchick
#84 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 8:57:50 AM

Looking for help/advice for a friend.

Her story.

She is came back from Europe and deposited 800k in the brown bank and borrowed against it and went in agriculture(growing melons)The agri loan was to be paid in one bullet payment upon sale of the melons.It did not work as planned.Melons she grew as planned and sales have been there but her costs seem high too.So the loan has not been paid and time is up.

She is now at ground zero.How can she pick up?
Her passion is agriculture and she has a 10 acre leased land.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Swenani
#85 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 9:10:14 AM

Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

She is came back from Europe and deposited 800k in the brown bank and borrowed against it and went in agriculture(growing melons)The agri loan was to be paid in one bullet payment upon sale of the melons.It did not work as planned.Melons she grew as planned and sales have been there but her costs seem high too.So the loan has not been paid and time is up.

Tell her to go back to Europe and keep doing what she did to get 800Ksmile smile smile

Pole sana bigshick, when you went MIA on wazua, kumbe you were in Europe?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Bigchick
#86 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 10:15:04 AM

Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

Tell her to go back to Europe and keep doing what she did to get 800Ksmile smile smile

Me am a home gal.Never tried venturing outside Kenya.Even a two weeks visit outside +254 is a problem.Guess am not very ambitious.My MIA was password related and it took that long to sort.

About my friend its serious and she is on the verge of breaking down.I know little about commercial agriculture so not able to help but I know this republic has experts who can help.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Swenani
#87 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 11:24:46 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

Me am a home gal.Never tried venturing outside Kenya.Even a two weeks visit outside +254 is a problem.Guess am not very ambitious.My MIA was password related and it took that long to sort.

About my friend its serious and she is on the verge of breaking down.I know little about commercial agriculture so not able to help but I know this republic has experts who can help.

I tried being a crop farmer and failed miserably,, I shifted to dairy farming which isn't bad
watesh
#88 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 11:55:14 AM

Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

What are the components of the high costs? Once we know that we get to know if they are fixed costs or variable costs
Bigchick
#89 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 12:22:56 PM

watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

What are the components of the high costs? Once we know that we get to know if they are fixed costs or variable costs

They are abit of both

Fixed costs include Wages at the farm,Irrigation of the plants,Rent for her sales store and other maintainance costs of the crop.

Variable ones include transport to clients,brokers fees to mention but afew.

My key concern right now is that she is flat on the ground.No money to go on and the bank will liquidate her FD. The land is there but seeds and other inputs for the next crop hakuna.What next.....
RichVee
#90 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 12:38:22 PM

Bigchick wrote:
watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

They are abit of both

Fixed costs include Wages at the farm,Irrigation of the plants,Rent for her sales store and other maintainance costs of the crop.

My key concern right now is that she is flat on the ground.No money to go on and the bank will liquidate her FD. The land is there but seeds and other inputs for the next crop hakuna.What next.....

It's very difficult to focus when there's pressure especially from the bank. I would advise her to find a way to clear that loan, then recollect herself so that she can be able to focus on her goal of farming.

If she owns the land, that is already a big plus. If she has not done farming before, perhaps she should start small...lease out part of the land and farm on the other portion. Once she perfects her craft, then she can go big.

In short, first step away from the pressure with the bank...
Tired of mediocrity. Am going to the very top!
majimaji
#91 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 2:21:58 PM

RichVee wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

They are abit of both

It's very difficult to focus when there's pressure especially from the bank. I would advise her to find a way to clear that loan, then recollect herself so that she can be able to focus on her goal of farming.

If she owns the land, that is already a big plus. If she has not done farming before, perhaps she should start small...lease out part of the land and farm on the other portion. Once she perfects her craft, then she can go big.

Nowadays melon is a bad word.Like someone tells you: you are a melon or, is that a melon on your neck?
Anyway, I experimented growing melons, the fruits just after emerging from the flowers were attacked by fruit flies and the leaves developed powdery mildew. This fruit needs some experience before going commercial.
sparkly
#92 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 2:32:21 PM

Bigchick wrote:
watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

They are abit of both

Deposited 800k and borrowed against ... Investing the 800k would have been a better idea to start with then borrow to grow.

Nevertheless all is not lost. try:

1. Restructure/ extend loan repayment period. the loan. Interest will be lower than previous due to rate cap.
2. Get someone to inject equity investment, use proceeds to pay loan and for working capital.
3. If all fails, liquidate the FD, pay loan and put balance on the working capital.
Swenani
#93 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 5:56:58 PM

RichVee wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

They are abit of both

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Consultant's advice
Bigchick
#94 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 7:36:36 PM

sparkly wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

They are abit of both

Deposited 800k and borrowed against ... Investing the 800k would have been a better idea to start with then borrow to grow.

1. Restructure/ extend loan repayment period. the loan. Interest will be lower than previous due to rate cap.
2. Get someone to inject equity investment, use proceeds to pay loan and for working capital.
3. If all fails, liquidate the FD, pay loan and put balance on the working capital.

Option 1 failed.The bank said no to extention.That the terms are very clear on agri loans

Option 2 is sounds good.Where can such a person be found.She is willing to discuss.The land is not hers but she has a 10 year lease and she develpoed the infrastructure.....water system for irrigation etc.

Option 3 is inevitable as that is what will happen come 30th October and she has not paid up the loan.Unfotunately she will have no balance as the same is outstanding at 859K while her FD is 800k

So if you know of any interested investor send me their contacts.
sparkly
#95 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 8:17:14 PM

Bigchick wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

They are abit of both

Option 1 failed.The bank said no to extention.That the terms are very clear on agri loans

Option 2 is sounds good.Where can such a person be found.She is willing to discuss.The land is not hers but she has a 10 year lease and she develpoed the infrastructure.....water system for irrigation etc.

Option 3 is inevitable as that is what will happen come 30th October and she has not paid up the loan.Unfotunately she will have no balance as the same is outstanding at 859K while her FD is 800k

I have a friend who has always wanted to to invest in agriculture. Where is your friend's farm?
natema2000
#96 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 10:03:24 PM

@Swenani..

If you have nothing positive to add to the situation.. Silenced Just shut it..
enyands
#97 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:14:52 AM

natema2000 wrote:
@Swenani..

If you have nothing positive to add to the situation.. Silenced Just shut it..

Natema2000 out of curiosity, @swenani must have pissed you so off mpaka you decided to donate 6 comments you have ever done on wazua to him ...wewe kali
Bigchick
#98 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:09:24 AM

sparkly wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

They are abit of both

I have a friend who has always wanted to to invest in agriculture. Where is your friend's farm?

Masinga dam environs.
kaka2za
#99 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:09:43 AM

sparkly wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

They are abit of both

Common denominator is 'Friend'
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
sparkly
#100 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:01:58 AM

Bigchick wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
watesh wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

Her story.

They are abit of both

Masinga dam environs.

Ask your friend to drop my friend a text on 0708733938