wazua Mon, May 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<23456>»
Have you ever failed flat in business?
masukuma
#61 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 2:32:12 PM

These are such stingers - by the time you give up you have thrown everything you could at it and it fails.. it burns. Sometimes I click when I recall somethings... for me it like 3M down the drain plus time... nkt... Onwards and Upwards.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
FRM2011
#62 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 6:48:13 PM

Our admin shared this thread on Twitter. BTW @wazua has over 7000 followers.

I clicked on the link and post no.3 is by our very own @swenani. Am still laughing and wondering how newcomers will think of us.
Swenani
#63 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 9:19:29 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Our admin shared this thread on Twitter. BTW @wazua has over 7000 followers.

I clicked on the link and post no.3 is by our very own @swenani. Am still laughing and wondering how newcomers will think of us.

wacha hate speech bwana! smile smile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
popat
#64 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:29:00 PM

For me I did stone cutting in Ndarugu and I ended up sinking 2million.Somehow I went in when the construction industry was at its lowest.Getting buyers to enable me break even proved futile.I didn't give up. I went into land buying and sunk some 10million.Mpaka waleo am still holding some plots I bought way back in 2010.poor marketing strategy.At least I didn't loose money but I ended up tying my capital.I then lost some 6 million to some land broker who sold me hot air.I almost died.lakini mungu ni mwema.I still lived to do another business that failed. I joined hands with some two guyz to set up a college in town. Each one gave 2million.Tulifunga after one year having not recovered that.As I write am a happy man coz at last I seem to have landed the right business which is making me serious money.When I look back I see lessions.I've since recouped all my losses accumulated over many years.Lakini biz is not for the faint hearted.
Angelica _ann
#65 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 11:55:26 PM

Whah you guys have made me look back and be encouraged. In my old age all along I have only lost about 600k on the outside, pyramid schemes and Sacco guarantees. Sad Am really encouraged Applause
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
RichVee
#66 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:51:03 PM

popat wrote:
For me I did stone cutting in Ndarugu and I ended up sinking 2million.Somehow I went in when the construction industry was at its lowest.Getting buyers to enable me break even proved futile.I didn't give up. I went into land buying and sunk some 10million.Mpaka waleo am still holding some plots I bought way back in 2010.poor marketing strategy.At least I didn't loose money but I ended up tying my capital.I then lost some 6 million to some land broker who sold me hot air.I almost died.lakini mungu ni mwema.I still lived to do another business that failed. I joined hands with some two guyz to set up a college in town. Each one gave 2million.Tulifunga after one year having not recovered that.As I write am a happy man coz at last I seem to have landed the right business which is making me serious money.When I look back I see lessions.I've since recouped all my losses accumulated over many years.Lakini biz is not for the faint hearted.

You've got some really good shock absorbers! I lost count of the number of times you failed and rose again Think
Tired of mediocrity. Am going to the very top!
RichVee
#67 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:54:04 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Whah you guys have made me look back and be encouraged. In my old age all along I have only lost about 600k on the outside, pyramid schemes and Sacco guarantees. Sad Am really encouraged Applause

Too careful perhaps? or maybe more sensible than most. But have you actually ventured into business? Because what makes one put in money is the passion and conviction that it will work out...

All said and done, when you rise up from the ashes, you know you can face almost anything, plus it makes for a good story smile
Tired of mediocrity. Am going to the very top!
Nabwire
#68 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:30:38 PM

RichVee wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Too careful perhaps? or maybe more sensible than most. But have you actually ventured into business? Because what makes one put in money is the passion and conviction that it will work out...

All said and done, when you rise up from the ashes, you know you can face almost anything, plus it makes for a good story smile

I read somewhere that women are better money managers and I believe it! Hizi figures watu wamepoteza, I highly doubt there are women who have lost that amount. I've lost a tenth of what Amgelica has lost, and I beat myself up constantly over it. Most women I know who re in business are very frugal with their money.
Wamunyota
#69 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 10:28:02 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Sad Sad
Hutia Mundu!!
EndowGaze
#70 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 10:29:58 AM

RichVee wrote:
popat wrote:

You've got some really good shock absorbers! I lost count of the number of times you failed and rose again Think

Yes indeed. I admire @popat resilience. I went the college route and sunk 600K. I got into another deal with a certain Prof. and he conned me another 600K and everyday was a solar eclipse for me for almost a month.
Money is like manure. You have to spread it around or it smells. ~ J. Paul Getty
Wamunyota
#71 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 10:30:22 AM

popat wrote:

Wah!Kwani what's your net worth?d'oh! d'oh!
Hutia Mundu!!
Lolest!
#72 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 11:18:28 AM

Wamunyota wrote:
popat wrote:

Wah!Kwani what's your net worth?d'oh! d'oh!

You should know people!smile
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Ric dees
#73 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 12:36:56 PM

Well where do I start...

C 2007/08 after landing a plum job in London, I bought land in Mwiki and started building flats, I also bought a Mat and put in Langata and a laundry in Buru buru. In a span of 3 months - Mungiki extorted me to the brink in Mwiki, every day the mat guys would bring me Kshs 800 - 1000 sighting cops, competition, traffic et al and one Saturday Morning my Laundry machine disappeared.

Yes I cried back on the flight to London during this period in 08, as I had sunk huge CAPEX/Loans, was newly married with a toddler in tow. I came back again in 2010 and partnered with my "friends" in Wheat farming, Cows and maen "kiini-macho" stories galore and 2 seasons in a row lost the harvest - first time the guys we had hired harvested the wheat, sold and disappeared, 2nd time I was told all was lost due to disease. I finally learnt.

I did some NHC houses and built flats in Thika and now I have some trucks that transport fuel to the Great lakes region - a contract I got from a contact in UK. I started a start-up last year and was involved in the Lions Den concept and also dabbling in advisory for start-ups in KE.

It was a journey, I have laughed, cried and like someone said - nothing fazes me. Been there, done that and I can say I finally cracked the KE market but at a very expensive financial and emotional cost.

However the biggest problem with KE is the bulk of people are compulsive liars and dishonest, this includes so called friends, relatives etc I just have never understood this. Maybe this is compounded for some of us who have lived in the West where its by nature a trust society.

The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday's logic.
Fullykenyan
#74 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2016 12:59:01 PM

Ric dees wrote:
Well where do I start...

C 2007/08 after landing a plum job in London, I bought land in Mwiki and started building flats, I also bought a Mat and put in Langata and a laundry in Buru buru. In a span of 3 months - Mungiki extorted me to the brink in Mwiki, every day the mat guys would bring me Kshs 800 - 1000 sighting cops, competition, traffic et al and one Saturday Morning my Laundry machine disappeared.

Yes I cried back on the flight to London during this period in 08, as I had sunk huge CAPEX/Loans, was newly married with a toddler in tow. I came back again in 2010 and partnered with my "friends" in Wheat farming, Cows and maen "kiini-macho" stories galore and 2 seasons in a row lost the harvest - first time the guys we had hired harvested the wheat, sold and disappeared, 2nd time I was told all was lost due to disease. I finally learnt.

I did some NHC houses and built flats in Thika and now I have some trucks that transport fuel to the Great lakes region - a contract I got from a contact in UK. I started a start-up last year and was involved in the Lions Den concept and also dabbling in advisory for start-ups in KE.

It was a journey, I have laughed, cried and like someone said - nothing fazes me. Been there, done that and I can say I finally cracked the KE market but at a very expensive financial and emotional cost.

However the biggest problem with KE is the bulk of people are compulsive liars and dishonest, this includes so called friends, relatives etc I just have never understood this. Maybe this is compounded for some of us who have lived in the West where its by nature a trust society.

i have vowed tokeep away family and childhood friends from Business. They are parasites. Kenyans have low morals
mulla
#75 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2016 4:10:58 PM

Nabwire wrote:
RichVee wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

I read somewhere that women are better money managers and I believe it! Hizi figures watu wamepoteza, I highly doubt there are women who have lost that amount. I've lost a tenth of what Amgelica has lost, and I beat myself up constantly over it. Most women I know who re in business are very frugal with their money.

From your statement I can tell you for free you are not cut out for business nor the stock market. Losing money in business is guaranteed like daylight...and I am not talking little money. At the end of it all what matters is you will make more money than you loose. You are constantly in search of the businesses that will work,and if you fail,hey,you grieve,wake up,learn from it and move on.
Reading this forum I am encouraged. I am going through ankther business failure and the same time another business start up. In stock trading i have lost a lot of money but NETT have made more comparatively on the gains.
sparkly
#76 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2016 4:27:10 PM

mulla wrote:
Nabwire wrote:
RichVee wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

From your statement I can tell you for free you are not cut out for business nor the stock market. Losing money in business is guaranteed like daylight...and I am not talking little money. At the end of it all what matters is you will make more money than you loose. You are constantly in search of the businesses that will work,and if you fail,hey,you grieve,wake up,learn from it and move on.
Reading this forum I am encouraged. I am going through ankther business failure and the same time another business start up. In stock trading i have lost a lot of money but NETT have made more comparatively on the gains.

Right there is the most peddled fallacy... that you have to lose money in business.

You don't go into business to lose money. You go into business to make money, to enjoy the flexibility of working for yourself.

If you are a perpetual failure in business, consider employment.
Life is short. Live passionately.
enyands
#77 Posted : Friday, October 07, 2016 4:28:55 PM

Started a interior design with the help of my close relative . That time I was very far. I furnished the shop located somewhere in ngong road.Bought embroidery machine worth 100k, another machine for sewing curtains with 50k, desk computer ,marketing and all that at a cost of 1.3m .
I trusted this fool with all the management since I was far. I came impromptu to check how he is doing and surprise that nothing for was happening yet I was pumping 40k every month for rent waiting to break even .

I walked away till today.never trust a relative with a business is my lesson.im doing shares purchases and buying lands from saccos.
Spikes
#78 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2016 5:31:02 PM

I have been sunk several times by friends and relatives alike including my wife. By now I would have hit kshs 1B networth. But I thank God I am alive. I'll rise again more exponentially than before.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#79 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2016 7:06:32 PM

Spikes wrote:
I have been sunk several times by friends and relatives alike including my wife. By now I would have hit kshs 1B networth. But I thank God I am alive. I'll rise again more exponentially than before.

Pole bro.. Wish you all the best

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#80 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2016 9:28:28 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Pole bro.. Wish you all the best

Thanks bro.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”