wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Decra Roofing Tiles
duky
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 5:42:53 PM

Wazuans,

Where can i get ORIGINAL, i repeat ORIGINAL decra roofing tiles? best price?
Surething
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 7:20:34 PM

Its good to for the original.Cheap is expensive. I've seen some of these stone coated tiles bought on the cheap start fading as the colour was spray painted on instead of having stone chips with their natural colour, worse I've seen tiles where the glue used to stick the stones is weak, hence they start falling off. Check out spaceandstyle.co.ke based at Libra house who i believe are the official distributors of Decra in Kenya.
hardwood
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 9:00:49 PM

I've also seen some roofs peeling off. If you want original Decra, go to Space and Style. They give a 50yr guarantee.
sitaki.kujulikana
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 9:29:15 PM

wacha stress, weka tiles
hardwood
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 9:33:09 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
wacha stress, weka tiles

Clay roofing tiles are equally good.
karete
#6 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 9:05:46 AM

hardwood wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
wacha stress, weka tiles

Could you kindly compare and contrast the two in terms of Aesthetics, Cost and Durability
Sober
#7 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 9:50:46 AM

duky wrote:
Wazuans,

Talk to me nicely. sober4004 at gmail dot com
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Intelligentsia
#8 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 10:38:30 AM

hardwood wrote:
I've also seen some roofs peeling off. If you want original Decra, go to Space and Style. They give a 50yr guarantee.

I second them.
True, they are expe but imo its worth it.
I laughed at a pal of mine when they were doing their hse coz of going to pricy Space n Style while i went to a cheaper source on whom i had done a good degree of due diligence but the bastards still sneaked in fake tiles among the shipments they supplied us and we fell out badly. Cheap is expe.
kayhara
#9 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 11:30:02 AM

Sober wrote:
duky wrote:
Wazuans,

Talk to me nicely. sober4004 at gmail dot com

si hawa space and style are the main suppliers, they did one of our project, we gave them a supply and fix job
To Each His Own
sitaki.kujulikana
#10 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 7:07:12 PM

karete wrote:
hardwood wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
wacha stress, weka tiles

Could you kindly compare and contrast the two in terms of Aesthetics, Cost and Durability

Aesthetics is subjective, but I find clay tiles better, clay tiles should be cheaper especially considering the cost of getting fakes, clay tiles seem to last forever, hizi decra are still newish, while tiles have been around longer so can't compare on durability
Surething
#11 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 11:01:31 PM

Original Decra tiles are really durable,in addition to being far lighter than clay tiles. Put Decra (12 panels) on a small project I was doing as a test & over one year on, they still look the same as the day I installed them. Well installed Decra is really smart. Go for your hearts desires rather than live in regret.
sitaki.kujulikana
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 03, 2016 4:10:12 PM

Surething wrote:
Original Decra tiles are really durable,in addition to being far lighter than clay tiles. Put Decra (12 panels) on a small project I was doing as a test & over one year on, they still look the same as the day I installed them. Well installed Decra is really smart. Go for your hearts desires rather than live in regret.

is it in order smile to claim durability after only one year, for roofing durability in my opinion I think one needs to look at a minimum of 15+ years
MatataMingi
#13 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 3:53:46 PM

Hi,
Anyone have experience with TACTILE. These are produced locally by Tile & Carpet.Korean technology and Italian materials.
These are direct competitors of Decra stone coated tiles.
Thanks
premio
#14 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 8:09:05 AM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Surething wrote:

is it in order smile to claim durability after only one year, for roofing durability in my opinion I think one needs to look at a minimum of 15+ years

15years for ask those who bought massionnetes at new world villas Kitengela the things turned white within 1 year and now the place looks awefull.
Surething
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 6:08:19 PM

I think KEBS is sleeping on the job, not only in the case of the low quality Decra imitations that whose stones wash off within a short period (check out Starbucks Hotel Eldoret) or just fade, but also for resincot mabati whose paint seems to peel within weeks, leaving silver sheets that get rusted in the medium term.
TSi
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:44:26 AM

Anyone ever dealt with Royal Mabati Kitengela? How is their elegantile or orientile mabati. They look cheaper than MRM ama ni nunue tena then ianze ku fade in 1yr?
Mtafiti
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 8:17:37 AM

Please team, who knows about these Covermax and Maxicover roofing mabati by MRM? Na msinyamazeko.
newfarer
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2017 9:39:57 PM

TSi wrote:
Anyone ever dealt with Royal Mabati Kitengela? How is their elegantile or orientile mabati. They look cheaper than MRM ama ni nunue tena then ianze ku fade in 1yr?

how was the experience.. seems you no answer...I have the same question
punda amecheka
maka
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2017 7:10:45 AM

newfarer wrote:
TSi wrote:

how was the experience.. seems you no answer...I have the same question

About fading I dont know... bought some a few weeks ago...They look nice...smile

Ohh and on Decra can you harvest drinking water?
possunt quia posse videntur