wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Fake Wazua Investors
Mangs
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 2:33:16 PM

Just like there are paper engineers who are so good at talking about the laws of physics and Isaac Newton's gravitational applications but can't do anything when you take them to a real science laboratory, I have realized this forum has a majority of such characters. They are very good investors in this forum, but that's the farthest they ever get. Probably don't even have CDS accounts to begin with. If you follow discussions here keenly it comes out that even the so-called "Elders" have earned the titles not because of their investment wisdom, but more from their age in Wazua.

The latest discussion on effects of the Banking Amendment Bill 2015 and how it has caused a hemorrhage on banking stocks is a good one that has exposed these "investors'" naivety as far as the stock market goes. Inasmuch as this group comprises of long term, short term and speculative investors, I think for the health of the discussions we need to focus more on the fundamental formations of companies and their effects to investors in the long term instead of analyzing daily stock performances. Prices come down, and go up...nobody knows what bills will be signed into law tomorrow or next month or next year; we can only speculate on such. But one thing is for sure; companies with solid fundamentals will most likely weather storms and soldier on and will still be here.

So guys running around peddling panic and fear just because Uhuru signed a bill into law please note that 5yrs from now these banks will still be here, and the share prices will still be going up and down and so if the best you can do at the moment is whine about share price drops, you should consider giving your portfolio to someone else to manage it for you because you don't know what you're doing.

If I may rephrase this correctly; you guys whining about low share prices...you were ready to buy Equity at Ksh. 39, KCB at Ksh. 33, HFCK at Ksh. 20 etc. but now Mr. Market is giving them to you at prices 20% lower and all you can do is whine about low prices? Gerrarahia!
Horton
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 2:58:36 PM

Wow....serious venting right here!

Agreed that there are many here who are just noisemakers, however there are also alot of serious folks out there. Having an opinion is one thing but adding no financial wisdom, which i believe is why we are all here is another. There are loads of guys here who give u the "aha moment" and others are just keleles

This market correction was a boon to alot of us, I bought KCB & BBK in wholesale however the risk is yet to be seen. I think its a blessing in disguise, more people will be encouraged to take a loan barring bank conditions, if they do get more stringent, which in my opinion would be stupid. This can work well for banks if they increase loans dolled out but expect a rise in NPLs if this happens. We shall find out. Happy hunting
maka
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:22:14 PM

So what's the point of this thread?
possunt quia posse videntur
wukan
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:26:27 PM

You have been reading too much Warren Buffet. This is a poor third world country where some silly politician will wake up and mess up your entire industry just to get votes. Heck, most of us don't even trust the company accounts and fundamentals. That's why we gather here at wazua to analyze and separate facts from fiction.

Capital markets work on efficient allocation of capital. If market conditions change the markets re-allocate capital from shrinking industries and put in expanding industry. The market is simply re-pricing the banks based on the new information.

Wazua "elders" are participants in the market whether in theory or hands on. The knowledge you get from picking different minds gives you an insight on what the market is thinking. No one forces you to buy or sell.
VituVingiSana
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:36:13 PM

Mangs wrote:
Just like there are paper engineers who are so good at talking about the laws of physics and Isaac Newton's gravitational applications but can't do anything when you take them to a real science laboratory, I have realized this forum has a majority of such characters. They are very good investors in this forum, but that's the farthest they ever get. Probably don't even have CDS accounts to begin with. If you follow discussions here keenly it comes out that even the so-called "Elders" have earned the titles not because of their investment wisdom, but more from their age in Wazua.

The latest discussion on effects of the Banking Amendment Bill 2015 and how it has caused a hemorrhage on banking stocks is a good one that has exposed these "investors'" naivety as far as the stock market goes. Inasmuch as this group comprises of long term, short term and speculative investors, I think for the health of the discussions we need to focus more on the fundamental formations of companies and their effects to investors in the long term instead of analyzing daily stock performances. Prices come down, and go up...nobody knows what bills will be signed into law tomorrow or next month or next year; we can only speculate on such. But one thing is for sure; companies with solid fundamentals will most likely weather storms and soldier on and will still be here.

So guys running around peddling panic and fear just because Uhuru signed a bill into law please note that 5yrs from now these banks will still be here, and the share prices will still be going up and down and so if the best you can do at the moment is whine about share price drops, you should consider giving your portfolio to someone else to manage it for you because you don't know what you're doing.

If I may rephrase this correctly; you guys whining about low share prices...you were ready to buy Equity at Ksh. 39, KCB at Ksh. 33, HFCK at Ksh. 20 etc. but now Mr. Market is giving them to you at prices 20% lower and all you can do is whine about low prices? Gerrarahia!

Laughing out loudly Applause Laughing out loudly Applause I finally took the plunge yesterday after I managed to figure out that I have cash I could access. A lot of phone calls, visits and cajoling! Applause Applause Applause Now to reap the dividends. Literally.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
instinct
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:30:47 PM

hehehehehe Laughing out loudly tell them...
mlennyma
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:41:36 PM

maka wrote:

Applause Applause
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Angelica _ann
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:46:11 PM

mlennyma wrote:
maka wrote:

Applause Applause

The final investment decision is by an individual .... as you press the send button to buy and/or sell. @maka you need to open a bond's thread and teach us how to make money there!!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
alma1
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:47:03 PM

Obviously this bank story will end up as the most emotional story on wazua in 2016.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

maka
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:03:54 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
maka wrote:

Applause Applause

The final investment decision is by an individual .... as you press the send button to buy and/or sell. @maka you need to open a bond's thread and teach us how to make money there!!!!!

Its quite an insult for this guy to come and call people fake because they have divergent views especially on this banking story...to me thats what makes wazua blue section interesting,as an individual you read,analyse then you decide so as to make the best investment decision that will lead you to profitability.
I dont know if you are the same guy who runs that Young Nairobi Stock Exchange group on FB...if you do we dont go there and call the people who comment 'fake' or ignorant just because you are able to use some flowery investment words and tend to appear bright.
Here people discuss issues...a tiff once in a while but thats how everyone grows together.

@AA bonds are way boring...small retail numbers...and the paper work at the point you will be selling is just tedious...we can always trysmile
possunt quia posse videntur
murchr
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:08:54 PM

This bear is getting the best of some of us
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Mangs
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:21:37 PM

maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
maka wrote:

Applause Applause

Its quite an insult for this guy to come and call people fake because they have divergent views especially on this banking story...to me thats what makes wazua blue section interesting,as an individual you read,analyse then you decide so as to make the best investment decision that will lead you to profitability.
I dont know if you are the same guy who runs that Young Nairobi Stock Exchange group on FB...if you do we dont go there and call the people who comment 'fake' or ignorant just because you are able to use some flowery investment words and tend to appear bright.
Here people discuss issues...a tiff once in a while but thats how everyone grows together.

@AA bonds are way boring...small retail numbers...and the paper work at the point you will be selling is just tedious...we can always trysmile

Applause Applause Applause
Waiting for that bond trade too...
Aguytrying
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:50:38 PM

murchr wrote:

Very true. This is the second thread of an emotional reaction to the bear. And numerous other posts.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Horton
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:01:54 PM

Come on guys everyone needs a hug every now and then 😊

Stop beating up on the guy
enyands
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:10:34 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:

Very true. This is the second thread of an emotional reaction to the bear. And numerous other posts.

These are the days I miss mnandii .he would talk of how emotions are getting best of us .

Now people will talk and whether they invest or not it's not anyone's business, they are lying to themselves .
So as a reader of wazua I don't think anyone's forces anyone to be real or fake .it's a personal decision. We shouldn't be emotional on people who are fake by what they post. It's upon us to make the right judgement. If not pleased with anything then it's your prerogative to be silent and watch over the fence.

I personally know some wazuans who have stocks worth a "wow" and they don't say anything and I know some who have "wow" stocks and say alot also.

Be a spectator and don't be emotional on any idea or post written by anybody
sparkly
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:11:31 PM

Am keeping away from Wazua for about 2 weeks.

Off to look for some cash to indulge in Memba, TPS and Kengen.
Life is short. Live passionately.
enyands
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:13:09 PM

sparkly wrote:
Am keeping away from Wazua for about 2 weeks.

Off to look for some cash to indulge in Memba, TPS and Kengen.

I personally love member .think of adding some more
muandiwambeu
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:28:54 PM

wukan wrote:
You have been reading too much Warren Buffet. This is a poor third world country where some silly politician will wake up and mess up your entire industry just to get votes. Heck, most of us don't even trust the company accounts and fundamentals. That's why we gather here at wazua to analyze and separate facts from fiction.

Capital markets work on efficient allocation of capital. If market conditions change the markets re-allocate capital from shrinking industries and put in expanding industry. The market is simply re-pricing the banks based on the new information.

Wazua "elders" are participants in the market whether in theory or hands on. The knowledge you get from picking different minds gives you an insight on what the market is thinking. No one forces you to buy or sell.

tell them, just tell this fake perfectionist hii pesa sio yangu na company, its mine and if need be I could go out on a fxcking spree in Miami to to spoil a dude for it. grow up and shape up. if you happen to have touched the ndovu's msamba, usifikirie nikila mtu hapa alikuwa na Masiindano na ndovu kukunia. may you get a doc to attend to your miseries. Shame on you
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:39:29 PM

Mangs wrote:

Indeed.. I couldn't have said it better. Speculative traders must not be called investors. Current prices are God sent

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
muandiwambeu
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:58:54 PM

obiero wrote:
Mangs wrote:

Indeed.. I couldn't have said it better. Speculative traders must not be called investors. Current prices are God sent

so which gods do you look up to sir Obiero. I would be glad to know such so as to be less watchful, tormenting gods they r. the line below the sand. days that I count.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....