wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Tanzania - What do you want from Kenya?
Fyatu
#1 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 9:42:22 PM

Tanzania................Tanzania i call again...what do you want from Kenya? What is your fear of kenya? Why the cold shoulder? Why sabotage Kenyan business on your land? Why didn't baba mdogo (Wuod Kong'o) not attend Ticad? Why has H.E. Pombe not shown friendliness with us? I know its not a must for him to like Kenya, or the current leadership but, yawa! Why?Why has Pombe continuous ignored Kenya? Shida iko wapi? Why is KCB struggling in your country? Why is Equity finding it hard to do business??...did Deacons close shop because of lack of customers? What about Uchumi? Is Nakumatt safe?

.....frustrated Kenyan hustler
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#2 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 9:50:35 PM

Why the diplomatic cold war between Kenya and Tanzania? Pombe has been warm to Kigali and Kampala...why has he been indifferent with Nairobi?
sitaki.kujulikana
#3 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:16:36 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Why the diplomatic cold war between Kenya and Tanzania? Pombe has been warm to Kigali and Kampala...why has he been indifferent with Nairobi?

hakuna cold war, pombe is just sulking, the reality of the presidency is hitting him hard, its like a father who thinks that the kids will be better than the neighbors if he whips them hard and cuts off all luxuries, only to realize that there is something called old money and the influence it commands
murchr
#4 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:18:24 PM

Must he? Akae, he brings nothing
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#5 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:19:52 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

hakuna cold war, pombe is just sulking, the reality of the presidency is hitting him hard, its like a father who thinks that the kids will be better than the neighbors if he whips them hard and cuts off all luxuries, only to realize that there is something called old money and the influence it commands

oh jes.... and then he realises that ukiona vya elea ujue vimeundwa.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#6 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:30:30 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Tanzania................Tanzania i call again...what do you want from Kenya? What is your fear of kenya? Why the cold shoulder? Why sabotage Kenyan business on your land? Why didn't baba mdogo (Wuod Kong'o) not attend Ticad? Why has H.E. Pombe not shown friendliness with us? I know its not a must for him to like Kenya, or the current leadership but, yawa! Why?Why has Pombe continuous ignored Kenya? Shida iko wapi? Why is KCB struggling in your country? Why is Equity finding it hard to do business??...did Deacons close shop because of lack of customers? What about Uchumi? Is Nakumatt safe?

Maghufuli missing the conference is a major statement. He must be a very salty guy.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Fyatu
#7 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:45:15 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Maghufuli missing the conference is a major statement. He must be a very salty guy.

One wonders salty for what reason? Should Kenya and Tanzania not be friendly nations?
Alba
#8 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 11:06:05 PM

In my interactions with wa TZ, they clearly dislike and distrust Kenyans. Some of it is because they see Kenyans as too tribal.

But its mostly because they think Kenya has taken advantage of Tanzania and benefited from TZ resources.

It started with the breakup of the East African community in 1977 when TZ people claim that Kenya inherited almost all the assets. I think thats when Nyerere dubbed Kenyans Nyangau. Since then, that is the mentality that many of them view Kenyans.

The fact that many Kenyan companies have been making money in TZ for years while few in comparison TZ companies have made money in Kenya is also a sore point for some TZ people.

They are also bitter from what they perceive as Kenyans benefiting from TZ resources. For example the great migration mostly occurs in TZ yet Kenya advertizes it and probably makes more money of it. So bitter are they that a proposal was mooted in TZ parliament to build a road across the serenegti to prevent the animals from migrating back into Kenya.

Kenyan tour companies also emphasize the fact that Mt Kilimanjaro is visible from Kenya national parks so much that many Europeans think Mt Kilimanjaro is in Kenya. Some Tzers are mad about this. The fiery MP Ann Malecela was apopleptic about this.

But most importantly, Tanzania now has a single minded focus to pass Kenya in economic terms. Ask a Tanzanian and many will tell you that they believe TZ will pass Kenya in GDP terms in our lifetimes.

Rather than complain about TZ companies treating Kenya poorly, Kenya too should have a single minded focus towards economic development. Lets get out of our tribal miasma.

And If TZ does not want to be a partner with Kenya then Kenya must look for other partners.

And lets admit our mistakes. Lets do an honest evaluation about why countries like Rwanda and Uganda would now rather do business with Tanzania than with Kenya. These are the reasons TZ is catching up with Kenya in economic terms.

So the thread is asking "What do Tanzanians want from Kenya". The answer is nothing. They just want to beat Kenya's butt in economic terms.

How will Kenya react?
enyands
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:03:51 AM

Alba wrote:
In my interactions with wa TZ, they clearly dislike and distrust Kenyans. Some of it is because they see Kenyans as too tribal.

But its mostly because they think Kenya has taken advantage of Tanzania and benefited from TZ resources.

It started with the breakup of the East African community in 1977 when TZ people claim that Kenya inherited almost all the assets. I think thats when Nyerere dubbed Kenyans Nyangau. Since then, that is the mentality that many of them view Kenyans.

The fact that many Kenyan companies have been making money in TZ for years while few in comparison TZ companies have made money in Kenya is also a sore point for some TZ people.

They are also bitter from what they perceive as Kenyans benefiting from TZ resources. For example the great migration mostly occurs in TZ yet Kenya advertizes it and probably makes more money of it. So bitter are they that a proposal was mooted in TZ parliament to build a road across the serenegti to prevent the animals from migrating back into Kenya.

Kenyan tour companies also emphasize the fact that Mt Kilimanjaro is visible from Kenya national parks so much that many Europeans think Mt Kilimanjaro is in Kenya. Some Tzers are mad about this. The fiery MP Ann Malecela was apopleptic about this.

But most importantly, Tanzania now has a single minded focus to pass Kenya in economic terms. Ask a Tanzanian and many will tell you that they believe TZ will pass Kenya in GDP terms in our lifetimes.

Rather than complain about TZ companies treating Kenya poorly, Kenya too should have a single minded focus towards economic development. Lets get out of our tribal miasma.

And If TZ does not want to be a partner with Kenya then Kenya must look for other partners.

And lets admit our mistakes. Lets do an honest evaluation about why countries like Rwanda and Uganda would now rather do business with Tanzania than with Kenya. These are the reasons TZ is catching up with Kenya in economic terms.

So the thread is asking "What do Tanzanians want from Kenya". The answer is nothing. They just want to beat Kenya's butt in economic terms.

How will Kenya react?

One thing they don't know is tribalism. They will beat us. Talking to a friend who came back from abroad 5 yrs ago told me that he went hibernation, silent and disconnected from his abroad friends and family members for 4 yrs because he was trying to learn and study what he can do and didnt want to be fed with negativity. He got it finally and supplies grocery to nearly most supermarkets .

So to TZ their silence is speaking volumes. The day they will want to partner with Kenya is when they will be a level higher than us if not equal.their silence is speaking volumes now.

Ile siku tutaacha ujinga ya tribalism is the day we will move on. Look at in charge for Kiambu county saying before the Nyumba endorses arap magardens for 2022 they have to see what the Nyumba will get so there is no automatic endorsement .....or a certain mp saying that there is only one bullet left and let it burn if their tribe doesn't get the presidency 2017. Total garbage
kaka2za
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:51:30 AM

enyands wrote:
Alba wrote:

How will Kenya react?

One thing they don't know is tribalism. They will beat us. Talking to a friend who came back from abroad 5 yrs ago told me that he went hibernation, silent and disconnected from his abroad friends and family members for 4 yrs because he was trying to learn and study what he can do and didnt want to be fed with negativity. He got it finally and supplies grocery to nearly most supermarkets .

So to TZ their silence is speaking volumes. The day they will want to partner with Kenya is when they will be a level higher than us if not equal.their silence is speaking volumes now.

Ile siku tutaacha ujinga ya tribalism is the day we will move on. Look at in charge for Kiambu county saying before the Nyumba endorses arap magardens for 2022 they have to see what the Nyumba will get so there is no automatic endorsement .....or a certain mp saying that there is only one bullet left and let it burn if their tribe doesn't get the presidency 2017. Total garbage

yaaawwwnnn....this talk has been going on since the 1970s.
Overtaking Kenya is a very low target!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Lolest!
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:00:35 AM

I always wonder why with all our corruption and tribalism, their abundant natural resources(diamonds,gold,gas, rich agricultural land), stable politics etc...why is our sister less rich?

And why should rivals be enemies?

Or they just want to be the taller dwarf, nothing more?

What about jobs, roads social amenities etc

There's a whole world to beat
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
masukuma
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:21:36 AM

I have always felt it's a competition/argument between dwarves on how tall each is....
Anti_Burglar
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:58:28 AM

masukuma wrote:
I have always felt it's a competition/argument between dwarves on how tall each is....

but still an argument nonetheless.
masukuma
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:06:50 AM

Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

I am so happy you cleared that for us
hardwood
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:11:39 AM

Fyatu wrote:

He's been fed alot of mucene about Kenya by baba. Thus the cold shoulder. Note that baba has been his frequent visitor. Baba is like the proverbial village witch.
hardwood
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:13:15 AM

masukuma wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Crap???
masukuma
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:26:55 AM

hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Crap???

if I have to explain to you - it won't be funny. (think Japanese , Korean)
kaka2za
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 9:27:17 AM

But on bedroom matters and Sorcery they beat us hands down.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Wamunyota
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:20:06 AM

Tz is like a jealous ex girlfriend.She plays too nice on the face but deep down she is hurting.They want to hate kenyans but deep down they admire us.They admire our success especially the economic and infrastructural,economic and educational successs.They know hapa ni majuu that is why the tanzanian middle class send their kids hapa kenya for studies just like the rich here send kids to kwa kina kiash.
Hutia Mundu!!
FRM2011
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:50:30 AM

Fyatu wrote:

We've got 99 problems; Magufuli is not one of them"

Worst public looting since independence, Ri. Two months after we protested police killing of lawyer willie Kimani, they have disappeared a doctor from meru, a taxi driver in riruta, executed a patient inside a hospital in mwingi and here you are talking about maguguli.