wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
Kenya Re HY16
Ericsson
#41 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 8:47:39 PM

Kenya Re doesn't have exposure in Europe, North America and the likes of Australia and new Zealand.
That was said by the CEO.
Reason given that Kenya re sovereign rating is benchmarked using Kenya's.
Kenya sovereign rating to the mentioned countries is poor hence affecting kenya re's to those countries.
Hence they can't reinsure.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#42 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 8:43:22 PM

@VVS
Share price hits all time high
obiero
#43 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2016 8:58:36 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@VVS

The post election share, running high on fear. Good run @vvs

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#44 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 1:06:14 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@VVS

Asante BUT not my preference. I buy when I can. I'd rather have the share price stay "low" and the firm's performance remains high as long as I am a net buyer.

When I am ready to sell [not anytime soon as long as the management performs] then I'd like to see the price catch up [& surpass] the intrinsic value!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#45 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 10:44:02 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@VVS

Asante BUT not my preference. I buy when I can. I'd rather have the share price stay "low" and the firm's performance remains high as long as I am a net buyer.

When I am ready to sell [not anytime soon as long as the management performs] then I'd like to see the price catch up [& surpass] the intrinsic value!

@Chief what do you reckon is the intrinsic value of this darling stock?
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#46 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 11:00:54 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@VVS

@Chief what do you reckon is the intrinsic value of this darling stock?
35 [in 2016]. At the current rate of profitability & expansion (ceteris paribus) I think 40 by Dec 2018.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Elephant Man
#47 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 11:03:30 AM

I understand that Kenya-Re now holds a 20% or thereabouts stake in ZEP-Re.

Are they competitors?

Anyone know whether they share common facilities/resources in the countries in which they have a physical presence i.e. Kenya, Zambia and Ivory Coast?

In my view in would be in the interest of the GoK to urgently seek to divest a significant stake to a 'strategic investor' (Munich Re, Swiss Re, Lloyd's, Gen Re (part of Berkshire Hathaway), Zurich Re, China Re etc spring to mind) so as the 'true' value of this company can be obtained....
VituVingiSana
#48 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 11:12:44 AM

Elephant Man wrote:

Are they competitors?

Anyone know whether they share common facilities/resources in the countries in which they have a physical presence i.e. Kenya, Zambia and Ivory Coast?

In my view in would be in the interest of the GoK to urgently seek to divest a significant stake to a 'strategic investor' (Munich Re, Swiss Re, Lloyd's, Gen Re (part of Berkshire Hathaway), Zurich Re, China Re etc spring to mind) so as the 'true' value of this company can be obtained....

Yes, now that KenRe is going "regional" they are competitors BUT ZepRe is a "transnational" that has goodwill [thanks to the ownership structure] that KenRe doesn't have in many markets.

ZepRe has many government & quasi-government shareholders. In Kenya, ZepRe has it own offices in Upper Hill. No idea about the other countries.

Yes, KenRe needs a strategic investor who, hopefully, pays "intrinsic" value to acquire shares in KenRe. Offer me 35/- today and my shares are yours!
Mkondoa Macho
#49 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 12:11:28 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

Are they competitors?

Yes, now that KenRe is going "regional" they are competitors BUT ZepRe is a "transnational" that has goodwill [thanks to the ownership structure] that KenRe doesn't have in many markets.

ZepRe has many government & quasi-government shareholders. In Kenya, ZepRe has it own offices in Upper Hill. No idea about the other countries.

Yes, KenRe needs a strategic investor who, hopefully, pays "intrinsic" value to acquire shares in KenRe. Offer me 35/- today and my shares are yours!

This is the only reason I dont buy the shares of this counter. Despite the good performance, the value remains locked because GoK owns 60% of the business. When GoK decides to offload (to less than 40%)Safaricom style, which may take forever, I will buy in bulk. Until then, I will watch from the sidelines.
VituVingiSana
#50 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 9:06:02 PM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

Are they competitors?

This is the only reason I dont buy the shares of this counter. Despite the good performance, the value remains locked because GoK owns 60% of the business. When GoK decides to offload (to less than 40%)Safaricom style, which may take forever, I will buy in bulk. Until then, I will watch from the sidelines.

Yes, that is why the share is cheap i.e. GoK's 60%. My only significant GoK-controlled holding. I tread carefully. The day I get spooked, I will sell and @Obiero style... let you know after I have sold. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Ebenyo
#51 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:19:11 AM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Elephant Man wrote:

Are they competitors?

a look at the listed insurance companies indicates that kenya re is the only counter that offers true value to an investor.Kenya-re was the only one that posted profit for FY 15.Cic was only helped by its big sister co-op bank.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#52 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2016 9:09:20 PM

Kenya’s insurance industry ready for investment, growth
http://www.businessdaily...90748-61nr0a/index.html

Good stuff for the patient.
sparkly
#53 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:28:06 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Kenya’s insurance industry ready for investment, growth
http://www.businessdaily...90748-61nr0a/index.html

Good stuff for the patient.

Kenya Re is by far the most consistent in this industry.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#54 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 10:39:36 AM

@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

http://www.businessdaily...503790-sk2cg3/index.html
obiero
#55 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 12:14:45 PM

[quote=Ericsson]@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

http://www.businessdaily...03790-sk2cg3/index.html[/quote]
Good news indeed on the marine end, though insurance industry in Kenya is on a decline.. Sanlam, UAP, Britam all stressed

mlennyma
#56 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 12:22:59 PM

obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

Good news indeed on the marine end, though insurance industry in Kenya is on a decline.. Sanlam, UAP, Britam all stressed

I have britam and cic and now eying k-re to close the insurance stocks chapter,i however hate the 5 years election fears setback on our market
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#57 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 12:43:18 PM

obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

UAP is bleeding money.The South African I.e old mutual were conned big time.
SANLAM the South Africans are imposing their way of doing business and really trying to adapt to Kenyan way.

Britam the game being played by Wairegi, Munga and Mbaru.
The only stable insurance company is ICEALION
Ericsson
#58 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 12:44:48 PM

Not really trying to adapt to Kenyan way
obiero
#59 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 1:14:19 PM

mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

I have britam and cic and now eying k-re to close the insurance stocks chapter,i however hate the 5 years election fears setback on our market

Britam & CIC?? All the best bro

Ericsson
#60 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2017 1:18:20 PM

mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]@vvs
Happy new year.
Good news following you

Choose one between britam and CIC.
Going into both is messing up yourself