wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
I don't Know What to Tell People
alma1
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:43:01 AM

I don't know what to tell people but I'll tell them anyway.

I think this blue section is filled with charlatans who call themselves brokers, investment advisers, bankers, nse gurus, etc etc.

Right now the story is that it's a perfect time to buy shares...Coz they can't go any lower.

Mmmmhhhh, which school of thought is that one? Pick one then discuss.

There has been a problem with the Kenyan economy for some 20 years...

You get an MBA at strathmore....Sorry....You buy an MBA at strathmore...It's buying since people have been known to forget to take tea in the morning so that they can go to that class.

Then when you "graduate" you get a job as CEO, Marketing Director, IT Director, etc etc....

These people can't think past their degrees...These people have never run a shoeshine shop...

But at the NSE they are cozy...

Buy finance stocks since the value is underpriced....

I'll tell you this...

Kubaff!!!!!!

My proof is all this crying going on here on wazua right now about a signature. Uhuru's left hand.

Let me explain in terms of numbers and statistics.

When this bill was passed in parliament, there was a 50/50 chance that Uhuru would sign it.

Forget about the emotions and the politics....It was even chance.

Supposing I'm a shareholder of let's say ekuete.

If I sold those shares before the decision, I would have lost say, 1 to 2 percent of my portfolio...

But obviously, without needing Jesus in your life, if he signed, I'd basically be changing how banking is done in this country.

But ooohhhh no.

I, like the stupid guy who went to school, should have decided to just sell and wait and take a tiny beating....

But ohhhh no

The analysts on wazua with all their wisdom, BET...that Uhuru would not sign.

My friends on wazua.

These people who are called stock brokers on wazua are not that clever...They are just like the sports pesa junkie I met in Kericho jana.

It's like this...I really want to f*** Angelica Ann...if I use a condom I'll not be that excited...If I don't I'll be excited but I may die....that's a joke Angelica.

But I hope you get the message.

These people bet all your money on a 50/50 occurrence. They failed. Now they blame Uhuru for their stupidity.

I'm no Uhuru lover lakini, this incident must show Kenyans that as much as our media is upus, the so called finance gurus are just plain thieves.

They bought their degree...Lakini ujinga ni ule ule where they had to pay money after getting policemen D's at form 4 to go to "prestigious" schools.

This is only part 1...

by the way, I have evidence.

Some years back at the same time...I had some money to invest.

So I got two proposals...I loved my country so I put in some money from some guys in an unnamed company in Kenya. Still operating...They told me its a sure thing...That's all they gave me....Ohhh, it perfect, everyone is buying.

The other one was for some penny stock...But the brokers for the stock put everything down, not in finance speak as in the blue section, but in plain english.

Share 1 I bought at the same COST as Share 2.

I bought Sirius at 5 bob because of the information I got from the broker...Google it now.

The other one....Stock 1....mmmmhhhh..Somehow the valued broker in Kenya could not fill the order...He had my cash for 6 months...I had to send some not so nice people to his office for them to refund the cash...

So I became intrested in wazua.

My friends.

Muache kudanganwya hapa.

These gurus on this forum work together in the same offices.

If anyone is telling you to buy stocks now, all they want to do is offload their upus nonsense to you.

Uhuru's left hand just changed the economic structure of this country...

Don't go around here buying stocks until the elections are over.

Ni hayo tu...

Let me here the blue section keeping quiet.

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

washiku
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 12:57:18 AM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I hope you are not under influence, are you?
alma1
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:01:21 AM

washiku wrote:

Ohhh yes I am..Of course you know me...

But I met someone in family today who just lose a lot of money...On my facebook profile, which is private, I have been warning them to dump finance shares for 1 year...

Then I come here and see the same charlatans telling guys that next week they can buy...

Buy what?

This economy just changed from free to controlled. How stupid can you be to buy these shares at this time....Especially before the elections?

Unajua boss, I read some stuff here and wish I had a degree.

You are being f***ed....

Dump these shares if you can...

I went through the dot com bubble and the real estate bubble...Shit happens!!!!!

washiku
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:17:28 AM

Where do we take the manner?

Ps. Hope you still remember we have some manufacturing/manufactured products to sell, right?
alma1
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:20:48 AM

washiku wrote:
Where do we take the manner?

Ps. Hope you still remember we have some manufacturing/manufactured products to sell, right?

Ask Hisah, he seems to be the only person here who's not working for one of these stockbrokers. But maybe he is.

I'll tell you something about manufacturing first...It's the only thing that's going to survive this upus. Forex rates are going to change, so flower famers as much as these charlatans are complaining here, are going to be very excited.

As for ours, its still on....

Ati banks shall not give loans, jinga sana...We have seen this story before...We are waiting for these stock prices to fall, so that Wanjiku can get into the program...After she's in, then we can go back to free interest rates after a few years.

And I have said here on this forum, they shall fall...And they will fall. FURTHER!!!

wukan
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 7:03:41 AM

@Alma1 this how it went down in Zambia after interest rates cap

Quote:
The Bank of Zambia (BoZ) has taken possession of CETZAM Financial Services Plc, Genesis Finance Limited and Commercial leasing Zambia Limited. This is after the Central Bank determined that the three financial institutions have become capital insolvent. BoZ says the shareholders have failed to recapitalize the institutions and could not propose a recapitalisation plan acceptable to, and enter into an agreement with the Bank of Zambia. BoZ has further indicated that the Board of Directors of CETZAM Financial Services plc, Genesis Finance limited and Commercial Leasing Zambia Limited have been unable to resolve the deteriorating financial performance and condition of the institutions. The Bank of Zambia says it was left with no option but to exercise its authority under the law in order to safeguard the interests of the public and provide for their orderly exit from the financial system. On the other hand, former chief executive officer of CETZAM claims that, “the Bank of Zambia’s takeover of Cetzam for insolvency shows that the interest rate capping set on financial institutions in 2013 choked individual companies’ revenues.” Kelvin Milambo, who was Cetzam’s last chief executive officer before the company was declared insolvent by the BoZ, says shareholders should be “worried” following the central bank’s takeover of the institution. According to the Post Newspaper, the former CEO explained that the lenders’ revenue-earning capacity was severely constrained by the lending rate caps imposed in 2013. “So, your revenue-earning capacity is pushed down by more than 50 per cent and yet you are not given time for you to be able to streamline your operations,” Milambo said. “For you to restructure your internal processes, for you to be able to cope with that change…I think we were only given about two weeks for us to implement the revised interest rate capping, and that really became very difficult for institutions, not Cetzam alone, to survive in that environment.” He said the introduction of capping on lending rates was the beginning of Cetzam’s downfall.

Read more at: http://www.manic.co.zm/c...-blames-bank-of-zambia/
wukan
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 7:08:49 AM

If you are likely to hear this in three years you are better off taking your capital elsewhere

Quote:
“It is one thing like the BoZ did in terms of capping where at the end of the day, financial institutions were immediately forced to get into a position where their capital base is not able to generate enough revenue on the loans, and yet your cost structure is such that you have modelled the business to be able to raise revenue in a way that is so interactive and therefore, the acumen burden is quite high.”

“When the central bank takes over in that situation, they more or less take away the freedom you had in terms of making decisions to be able to direct the company in a certain direction; there is no way you can make decisions in moving forward,” he said.

Read more at: http://www.manic.co.zm/c...-blames-bank-of-zambia/
wukan
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 7:18:30 AM

If you are bank shareholder like me just do the Lawrence Garfield prayer for the dead

Quote:
You invested in a business and this business is dead. Let's have the intelligence, let's have the decency to sign the death certificate, collect the insurance, and invest in something with a future.

'Ah, but we can't,' goes the prayer. 'We can't because we have responsibility, a responsibility to our employees, to our community. What will happen to them?' I got two words for that - 'Who cares?' Care about them? Why? They didn't care about you. They sucked you dry. You have no responsibility to them. For the last ten years, this company bled your money. Did this community ever say, 'We know times are tough. We'll lower taxes, reduce water and sewer.'

Check it out: You're paying twice what you did ten years ago. And our devoted employees, who have taken no increases for the past three years, are still making twice what they made ten years ago. And our stock - one-sixth of what it was ten years ago. 'Who cares?' I'll tell ya -- Me.

I'm not your best friend. I'm your only friend. I don't make anything. I'm makin' you money. And lest we forget, that's the only reason any of you became stockholders in the first place. You wanna make money! You don't care if they manufacture wire and cable, fried chicken, or grow tangerines! You wanna make money! I'm the only friend you've got. I'm makin' you money. Take the money. Invest it somewhere else. Maybe, maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be used productively. And if it is, you'll create new jobs and provide a service for the economy and, God forbid, even make a few bucks for yourselves.
obiero
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 8:01:46 AM

Hehe. I had earlier information and passed it on right here that the bill will be signed.. I also happen to hold some financial services stock but opted not to sell with full awareness that the same shall fall.. Now, quote me and quote me right, nothing much has changed in essence for the banks.. Firstly, the existing loans will not be repriced, further new deposits will not be higher than the proposed minimum regardless of amount.. The margin spread proposed by law are actually higher than what was charged prior.. So long as banks shall keep costs of funds low then they will survive. KCB has sourced funds at 3% from Europe for onward lending at 14.5%!! COOP bank has also shown that implementation is welcome and doable.. The sky shall not turn green and the water will not turn red.. Banks will sail through the storm and the stocks will stabilise starting tomorrow!!! Lack of bids to match the asks remains a positive sign and should be only yardstick to be utilized by traders.. As for investors, we wait..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
FRM2011
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:20:08 AM

washiku wrote:

He he,@washiku, two things. It's @alma and the time stamp on the post. Hii ni shida ya phombe. And now we know who he has a crush on.
obiero
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:26:12 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
washiku wrote:

He he,@washiku, two things. It's @alma and the time stamp on the post. Hii ni shida ya phombe. And now we know who he has a crush on.

Has he ever seen @ann ama it's Dutch courage

VituVingiSana
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:36:22 AM

@Obiero - The 3% funds sourced by KCB probably have restrictions on on-lending. And they borrow in forex. Lending in KES at 14.5% would a huge risk.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:40:44 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@Obiero - The 3% funds sourced by KCB probably have restrictions on on-lending. And they borrow in forex. Lending in KES at 14.5% would a huge risk.

Banks have treasury units to handle such matters.. Fact remains that they have cheap funds plus the USD is strengthening against KES hence more funds in hand upon conversion

wukan
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:34:57 AM

obiero wrote:
Hehe. I had earlier information and passed it on right here that the bill will be signed.. I also happen to hold some financial services stock but opted not to sell with full awareness that the same shall fall.. Now, quote me and quote me right, nothing much has changed in essence for the banks.. Firstly, the existing loans will not be repriced, further new deposits will not be higher than the proposed minimum regardless of amount.. The margin spread proposed by law are actually higher than what was charged prior.. So long as banks shall keep costs of funds low then they will survive. KCB has sourced funds at 3% from Europe for onward lending at 14.5%!! COOP bank has also shown that implementation is welcome and doable.. The sky shall not turn green and the water will not turn red.. Banks will sail through the storm and the stocks will stabilise starting tomorrow!!! Lack of bids to match the asks remains a positive sign and should be only yardstick to be utilized by traders.. As for investors, we wait..

You know money is just a way of keeping scores. I "invested" 510,000 in KCB rights at 17/=. I want my capital back so i will still maintain my order till around 18/=. If you are willing to run the risk of holding KCB please match my ask(at best). I can choose to try some other investment or take it and spoil it on a Pretty Young Thing.
Wamunyota
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:42:28 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly yenyewe hapa Alma you have a point.Maybe Uhuru should have a law to tame them.
Hutia Mundu!!
Spikes
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:05:02 PM

Wamunyota wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly yenyewe hapa Alma you have a point.Maybe Uhuru should have a law to tame them.

I am always the first one to show people over here the direction of the NSE but Wazuans usually refuse to heed my prophesy after prophesy. I told you the bill will be signed in one sentence. People hardened their hearts offering long analysis justifying their cling on financials. Wakadhani ni mchezo uuuiii! TITHIMA. Say it again kama imebamba TITHIMA!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:11:55 PM

Spikes wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:

I am always the first one to show people over here the direction of the NSE but Wazuans usually refuse to heed my prophesy after prophesy. I told you the bill will be signed in one sentence. People hardened their hearts offering long analysis justifying their cling on financials. Wakadhani ni mchezo uuuiii! TITHIMA. Say it again kama imebamba TITHIMA!

LOL. You are the most clueless investor I have ever encountered since @qw

enyands
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 3:34:57 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:

LOL. You are the most clueless investor I have ever encountered since @qw

Wacha Matusi Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
VituVingiSana
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 3:53:24 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Banks have treasury units to handle such matters.. Fact remains that they have cheap funds plus the USD is strengthening against KES hence more funds in hand upon conversion

If KCB had borrowed USD, converted it and lent it out at 14.5% then KCB needs more KES to repay the USD loan [since the USD has become stronger] which reduces the yield.

1) Are the USD loans unrestricted i.e. KCB can lend to whom they want?
2) Are the USD loans really at 3%? If GoK borrowed at 5-6% then why would someone lend unrestricted funds to KCB at 3%?
3) Has KCB "insured" (or hedged) the USD? We saw many firms/banks suffer when their USD liabilities soar in KES when the KES went from 84 to 107. KK is an example. As is KQ.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Jon Jones
#20 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 8:04:03 PM

The stock market is a rigged game. It is ironical for a stocks investor without a seat at the board or ears at the board to criticize a person who gambles. It is almost the same thing...ALMOST. 99% of stock market investors invest blindly...because they cannot authenticate the quality of financial statements presented to them, and audit firms are all compromised. I stopped investing in shares a long time ago when I discovered that companies could go bankrupt three months after an audit of their accounts. Unless you are an insider either physically or by proxy, it does not make any financial sense to invest in stocks. Even those who make money are just lucky. To all wazua investors, how much do you know about the company you have invested in? How can you confirm the accuracy of the accounts presented if even auditors can be compromised?
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching