Wai!! it is a blood bath, kcb, coop, equity down 9%
Boris Boyka
#121 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:13:26 PM

Spikes wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Blessed Gem wrote:
Wait for KCB at 20

KCB at 12 bob and and all in, Member at 15 and am all in.

Come babe cum.
smile smile smile

For me KCB at 5 bob Equity at 3 bob,Coop at 80cts I and M at 10 bobthen I jump in!!!!!!!

Unless something bad happens your extremes are not achievable! Let us be realistic.

If someone can give you a concoction of what these three wazuans drink and smoke.... You'd be high and speak in all languages till next bull. smile smile smile
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
obiero
#122 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:13:35 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
watesh wrote:
The NSE should remove that 10% limit in the banking stocks and let them fall kabisa. Then I can go in cheaply before the uncertainty ends

Relax. We have time. Next week they drop again. We might just make a killing.

The current drops are not supported by logic

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#123 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:16:34 PM

obiero wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
watesh wrote:
The NSE should remove that 10% limit in the banking stocks and let them fall kabisa. Then I can go in cheaply before the uncertainty ends

@obiero place an offline sale order on Monday you become the first one to execute.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
mkate_nusu
#124 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:23:27 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
watesh wrote:

@obiero place an offline sale order on Monday you become the first one to execute.

wave is too strong to exit. all with bank stocks we can do is watch.
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Gatheuzi
#125 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:47:21 PM

KCB is the top loser (-10%) to close at 27/=.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
obiero
#126 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:50:30 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
watesh wrote:

The move by the president averages to a 19% cut on only one income line.. Banks PBT should not be impacted by more than 4%

hisah
#127 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:12:43 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
Now I meet face to face with @hisah's bidless vacuum.

" in a crowded room the exit doors become small "

This is what you get when ulcers central strikes. NO BID. Both buyers and sellers totally spooked
Pray

Then the very fat tails show up and you become rich smile
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#128 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:22:06 PM

I may soon jump in on the banking stocks, they are looking super attractive.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
KNM
#129 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:31:23 PM

Huh... CFC closes up. 2000 shares traded. Or am I seeing wrong...
The crowd will cheer your coronation as well as your beheading. People like a show, that's all.
obiero
#130 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:33:58 PM

KNM wrote:
Huh... CFC closes up. 2000 shares traded. Or am I seeing wrong...

The lack of support in actual trades tells a significant story

FRM2011
#131 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:41:39 PM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
watesh wrote:

The move by the president averages to a 19% cut on only one income line.. Banks PBT should not be impacted by more than 4%

Not really. Equity takes a hit on interest income. But their interest expense shoots up by 350%. From Kes.16M daily to 60mn daily.

While it's debatable whether lower rates will affect existing loans, when it comes to deposits, we are just counting the 21 days.

In Sept 2016 alone, member will pay Kes. 2bn for interest expense. In 2015, they paid 6B for the whole year.

In commission and fees, Equity earns the 2nd highest income from negotiation fees on loans. I.e. after forex. A slow down in lending equally hits them hard.

If JM steers this ship to stability, he will become a legend. Sadly, the odds are badly stacked against him.
obiero
#132 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:42:42 PM

streetwise wrote:
Co-op 2 bob

Shindwe

obiero
#133 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:46:44 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
watesh wrote:

Not really. Equity takes a hit on interest income. But their interest expense shoots up by 350%. From Kes.16M daily to 60mn daily.

While it's debatable whether lower rates will affect existing loans, when it comes to deposits, we are just counting the 21 days.

In Sept 2016 alone, member will pay Kes. 2bn for interest expense. In 2015, they paid 6B for the whole year.

In commission and fees, Equity earns the 2nd highest income from negotiation fees on loans. I.e. after forex. A slow down in lending equally hits them hard.

If JM steers this ship to stability, he will become a legend. Sadly, the odds are badly stacked against him.

Thanks for the explanation but it is half hearted.. Why would banks pay out interest on all deposits held

KNM
#134 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 4:54:38 PM

obiero wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
watesh wrote:

Thanks for the explanation but it is half hearted.. Why would banks pay out interest on all deposits held

Exactly!

Equity, for example, would only need to convert or introduce minimum balance requirements on interest-paying savings accounts.

Voila!No more burden on the books.
The crowd will cheer your coronation as well as your beheading. People like a show, that's all.
mikegachunji
#135 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 5:23:06 PM

A report by ApexAfrica Capital suggests that the banks most likely to be affected are Equity and Coop bank due to their largely retail oriented deposits given that their corporate accounts already earn high rates pegged on the T-bill while the banks least likely to be affected are KCB and DTB due to a small portion of interest earning deposits in the case of KCB and huge chunk of high net worth deposits and already paying high rates for these deposits in the case of DTB
Gatheuzi
#136 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 5:25:48 PM

If what I hear is right "the new law only applies to new loans going by today's statement by co-op" why is all this holla ballo about. Impact on banks interest income will take a while to go lower. First because banks will not refinance existing loans because that will be like shotting their @$$ez.

And now back to the MPs who passed the law hoping to coushion themselves after 2017 when we kick them out, how will they benefit? Were they damn to realize this loophole. Now I get it, someone advised this to "Kamwana" no wonder he signed it.

Back to my original question, why all the panick in sellers to bank stocks-are they damn ama naona vitu hakuna? If we give existing loans an average life of 3 years, by the time they are done with us, a new ammendment bill will have been crafted. @MB you are fine. Nothing will hurt your investments as long as existing loans are not affected. @Obiero, your mortgage remains as expensive as ever. @VVS you will keep paying top dollar on your loan even after 25th Sep.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
mikegachunji
#137 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 5:26:57 PM

A report by ApexAfrica Capital suggests that the banks most likely to be affected are Equity and Coop bank due to their largely retail oriented deposits given that their corporate accounts already earn high rates pegged on the T-bill while the banks least likely to be affected are KCB and DTB due to a small portion of interest earning deposits in the case of KCB and huge chunk of high net worth deposits and already paying high rates for these deposits in the case of DTB
researchfirst
#138 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 5:29:46 PM

mikegachunji wrote:

I agree with this analysis, but get ready to get attacked by the Equity groupies in 5, 4, 3, 2 ...
Impunity
#139 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 5:30:18 PM

obiero wrote:
streetwise wrote:
Co-op 2 bob

Shindwe

Quote:
COOP 7,200; HFCK 2,300; KQ 205,500

Come to think of it, @obiero is badly exposed in this new latest development.

KQ has been shafting you for the longest.
And now the two remaining portfolio of Coop and Hf are bank stocks which are going to tank badly going forward.

Pray Pray Pray
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

the deal
#140 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 6:26:19 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
streetwise wrote:
Co-op 2 bob

Shindwe

Quote:
COOP 7,200; HFCK 2,300; KQ 205,500

Come to think of it, @obiero is badly exposed in this new latest development.

KQ has been shafting you for the longest.
And now the two remaining portfolio of Coop and Hf are bank stocks which are going to tank badly going forward.

Pray Pray Pray

Baptism of fire Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly