wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
equity bank hy2016 results
moneydust
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:43:56 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Market close 53m front order at 32.50 with no buyers!!this has the potential of another 3 days of 10% drop if investors will continue with their fear

Who will buy this?... na bado.
watesh
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:59:31 PM

moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Market close 53m front order at 32.50 with no buyers!!this has the potential of another 3 days of 10% drop if investors will continue with their fear

I will go in if it goes below 25. My average buying price for Equity is currently 44. Besides, if their presentations are to be trusted, their yield on interest earning assets was 13.5% in 2015 while cost of funds 3%. Still below the current rate. Consumer loans are only 20% of their portfolio which was the segment with the highest rate. So at 25, still a buy for me
mlennyma
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:39:21 AM

Demand quite high on equity for the second time
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ebenyo
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 10:13:03 AM

watesh wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I will go in if it goes below 25. My average buying price for Equity is currently 44. Besides, if their presentations are to be trusted, their yield on interest earning assets was 13.5% in 2015 while cost of funds 3%. Still below the current rate. Consumer loans are only 20% of their portfolio which was the segment with the highest rate. So at 25, still a buy for me

My average buy price is currently 38.Too bad i missed the downtrend but i have rectified my mistake.The current price is still good for me too.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
PeterReborn
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 10:33:02 AM

Mwangi made a great presentation yesterday.No more brick and mortar offices.The future is online.
Consistency is better than intensity
Angelica _ann
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 10:37:41 AM

PeterReborn wrote:
Mwangi made a great presentation yesterday.No more brick and mortar offices.The future is online.

But they need to seriously work on efficiency of their system (marked improvement though safaricom still way ahead) and accessibility in terms of agents...... alternatively consider splitting the cost of transfer of mpesa to equitel - can be a game changer for them.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 10:43:54 AM

@Angelica_ann
James Mwangi doesn't want to pay agents well so most of them are shunning equitel and prefer safaricom which takes good care of its agents.
That is why the other providers including equitel have been unable to play catch up with safaricom
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Pesa Nane
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:22:11 PM

PeterReborn wrote:

That's a great strategy but, ahem, the bulk of their customers .....
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Angelica _ann
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 12:37:10 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:

That's a great strategy but, ahem, the bulk of their customers .....

They will have to adapt just the same way they were moved to start using ATM ......
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
watesh
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:59:17 PM

PeterReborn wrote:

The brick and motor is still needed for customer acquisition and provision of other services. 95% of our transactions is still cash so they can't really do away with brick and motor. If they could get as many salary accounts as possible, then they have a higher chance of making more money through transaction fees in the paybill category and money transfer.
Brick and motor should be the gateway to bring in the customers then online keeping them and making them active
maka
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:14:56 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@Angelica_ann
James Mwangi doesn't want to pay agents well so most of them are shunning equitel and prefer safaricom which takes good care of its agents.
That is why the other providers including equitel have been unable to play catch up with safaricom

Sad
possunt quia posse videntur
MaichBlack
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:56:16 PM

maka wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Angelica_ann

Sad

Let us have figures @Ericsson.

Someone I know who happens to be a Co-op agent told me they huge cash transactions because they are paid PER TRANSACTION. Instead of accepting you 40,000/= deposit, they would rather serve 20 plus clients dealing in amounts approx. 2k.

Remember float is an issue. They only accept huge amounts if it works to their advantage. Like if most customers have been withdrawing and you come with a deposit and vice versa. But if things are relatively balanced or you want the "dominant" transaction, they simply tell you there is no float!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Ebenyo
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:27:42 PM

PeterReborn wrote:

The future is digital.The company that embraces this reality,is worthy to invest.There are companies in NSE which have failed this test. NMG,Longhorn,Standard group and others.These are living in the past and will struggle to survive.Kudos to James Mwangi.
Towards the goal of financial freedom