wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<7891011>»
Centum
actuarywahisa
#161 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:32:03 AM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
This is one of the counters I would never touch. I dont trust management, the dividend drought appeared suspicious to me. The company is a jack of all trades

I don't think it's a jack of all trades. It's like calling a supermarket a jack of all trades for selling perfume, milk, furniture etc.

I think their focus is mobilising capital and chanelling it into the most profitable sectors of the economy.
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
Angelica _ann
#162 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 12:15:21 PM

https://youtu.be/KQqhzmLSMJc
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
tedx
#163 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 1:41:17 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Malls outdo each other to attract clients, shoppers

http://www.businessdaily...69020-5smym2/index.html

Will there be a mall "crash"? When?

Two Rivers

Karen = The Hub &The Waterfront

Westlands/Parklands = Sarit Center (3x Expansion), Westgate (2x Expansion), Diamond Plaza (2x Expansion)

Ngong Road & environs = Junction, Greenhouse

On (46 kms) Thika Road = Garden City, TRM, Juja City, Spur Mall, Uni City and Mountain Mall.

There are many malls/areas I have not included including on Uhuru Highway, Langata Rd, Mombasa Road...

Malls are overdone similar to hotels where everyone is getting into it.

Havent been to garden city of late but hear they are struggling with tenants? Same with greenhouse!

In my opinion, they should have done a world class theme park, which would accomodate a relatively smaller shopping/recreational and dining area.....water under the bridge!

However, the carlsberg partnership sounds like an interesing preposition for Centum and considering that they hold a very small stake in 2 rivers.

Sometimes I wonder. Apart from banks, supermarkets and fast food restaurants, do the other businesses in malls make any cash?? I believe that there is a lot of cash to be made, in other major towns but not Nairobi or Thika. There is huge potential for a big mall in Nakuru, Eldoret, Nyeri etc...basically, any town beyond 100km from Nairobi and with a population of over 500,000 people should have at least one mall.

Folks in Nyeri are known to be very frugal. Tales have been told of how men and women in Nyeri despite having mirrions in cash and assets would rather take dubia(dufia) with no accompaniments for breakfast than have sugared tea, bread ,ngwaci or nduma. Nyeri is a peculiar town that goes to sleep at 7PM. It has no supermarket worth mentioning about.People of Nyeri don't spend money and that is the reason why Nyeri never grows

Stingy folks inhabit that town that's for sure but those that reside in Nairobi and troop to Nyeri on Friday cannot sustain a mall. In Nakuru Westside Mall lacks that MALL experience and its like walking into Eastleigh with the flagship store Nakumatt usually empty. Java could be the only beneficially. In a nutshell Malls outside Nairobi are not that promising
freiks
#164 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 4:51:07 PM

tedx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Two Rivers

Westlands/Parklands = Sarit Center (3x Expansion), Westgate (2x Expansion), Diamond Plaza (2x Expansion)

On (46 kms) Thika Road = Garden City, TRM, Juja City, Spur Mall, Uni City and Mountain Mall.

There are many malls/areas I have not included including on Uhuru Highway, Langata Rd, Mombasa Road...

Havent been to garden city of late but hear they are struggling with tenants? Same with greenhouse!

In my opinion, they should have done a world class theme park, which would accomodate a relatively smaller shopping/recreational and dining area.....water under the bridge!

However, the carlsberg partnership sounds like an interesing preposition for Centum and considering that they hold a very small stake in 2 rivers.

Sometimes I wonder. Apart from banks, supermarkets and fast food restaurants, do the other businesses in malls make any cash?? I believe that there is a lot of cash to be made, in other major towns but not Nairobi or Thika. There is huge potential for a big mall in Nakuru, Eldoret, Nyeri etc...basically, any town beyond 100km from Nairobi and with a population of over 500,000 people should have at least one mall.

Folks in Nyeri are known to be very frugal. Tales have been told of how men and women in Nyeri despite having mirrions in cash and assets would rather take dubia(dufia) with no accompaniments for breakfast than have sugared tea, bread ,ngwaci or nduma. Nyeri is a peculiar town that goes to sleep at 7PM. It has no supermarket worth mentioning about.People of Nyeri don't spend money and that is the reason why Nyeri never grows

Stingy folks inhabit that town that's for sure but those that reside in Nairobi and troop to Nyeri on Friday cannot sustain a mall. In Nakuru Westside Mall lacks that MALL experience and its like walking into Eastleigh with the flagship store Nakumatt usually empty. Java could be the only beneficially. In a nutshell Malls outside Nairobi are not that promising

Happened to pass through garden city last week and the mall is more than 90% occupied being a weekday also it seemed quite full. not sure how that is what we would call struggling
Life is an endless adventure
Ericsson
#165 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 1:48:56 PM

@freiks
How long did it take to get to 90%
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#166 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 2:11:15 PM

ALmasi beverages doesn't have a website.
It's constituent companies i.e Mt Kenya,Kisii and Rift Valley Bottlers even they don't have a website.
DJ CK chanua hawa wasee to digital age
VituVingiSana
#167 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 2:34:21 PM

freiks wrote:
tedx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Two Rivers

Happened to pass through garden city last week and the mall is more than 90% occupied being a weekday also it seemed quite full. not sure how that is what we would call struggling

That's good to hear but what about the others?
Westgate is "full" as is (established) Sarit. Where does that leave the rest?
Anyway, my take is... be careful if you are investing in a Mall.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#168 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 2:36:05 PM

Ericsson wrote:
ALmasi beverages doesn't have a website.
It's constituent companies i.e Mt Kenya,Kisii and Rift Valley Bottlers even they don't have a website.
DJ CK chanua hawa wasee to digital age

Almasi doesn't deal with folks who buy 2 sodas but those who buy 2 containers of sodas... Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#169 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 2:52:38 PM

@VVS
I buy a container every month.
Niko league ya super distributor
VituVingiSana
#170 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 3:57:59 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@VVS
I buy a container every month.
Niko league ya super distributor
Applause Applause Applause Now, please tell me you do the same for fuel from KK Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
merkava
#171 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 4:37:06 PM

Came across a project in Ug and centum is involved....

http://www.pearlmarina.co.ug/index.php/project

One word its massive and having been to that site i can say i was amazed what Centum is pulling off at Ngaruga. They have Ugandas largest contractor on site
Barikiwa tufanane
Ericsson
#172 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 8:17:09 PM

@VVS
Normally fuel but now Oilibya is giving a competitive price.
Ksh.5 discount
Sijui nifanye
Swenani
#173 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 9:29:11 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@VVS
Ksh.5 discount
Sijui nifanye

walking has a better discount
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#174 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 9:40:40 PM

Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@VVS
Ksh.5 discount
Sijui nifanye

Convenience??????
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#175 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 9:55:59 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@VVS
Ksh.5 discount
Sijui nifanye

Convenience??????

convenience is subjective...when you walk you don't have to worry about traffic jam and parking....... or what convenience are you looking for apart from "prestige"convenience?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
VituVingiSana
#176 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 10:26:49 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@VVS
Ksh.5 discount
Sijui nifanye
KK obviously! Laughing out loudly
Ericsson
#177 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2016 8:24:50 PM

@VVS
Considering najaza tank deal ya oilibya is too good to leave.
5 bob per litre discount
Impunity
#178 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2016 12:13:47 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@VVS
Considering najaza tank deal ya oilibya is too good to leave.
5 bob per litre discount

Is the 5 bob offer being offered daily or onlycertain days?
If the latter,what are these days?

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Ericsson
#179 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2016 12:33:41 PM

It was running saturday,sunday I don't know about yesterday and today unless I check
VituVingiSana
#180 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2016 10:10:33 PM

KK discount. 5/- using K-Card.

Wed, Fri and Sunday.