wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<678910>»
Centum
guru267
#141 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2016 12:29:56 PM

Spikes wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/James-Mworia-Law-intern-who-rose-to-best-paid-CEO-in-Kenya/539444-3399968-12kt5ixz/index.html

Bogus and irrelevant stories making this stock to walk against them. Watakipata na bado! Gloating on how they are eating shareholder money, nkt.

Do one thing... Bring up a motion at the next AGM to oust the ones eating your money... Then work on recruiting another individual who can generate similar returns but requires less motivation.. nkt.

Kenyan investors are really juvenile, unsophisticated and cry only because they don't get a dividend..
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Realtreaty
#142 Posted : Monday, October 03, 2016 11:04:56 AM

guru267 wrote:
Spikes wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/James-Mworia-Law-intern-who-rose-to-best-paid-CEO-in-Kenya/539444-3399968-12kt5ixz/index.html

Bogus and irrelevant stories making this stock to walk against them. Watakipata na bado! Gloating on how they are eating shareholder money, nkt.

Do one thing... Bring up a motion at the next AGM to oust the ones eating your money... Then work on recruiting another individual who can generate similar returns but requires less motivation.. nkt.

Kenyan investors are really juvenile, unsophisticated and cry only because they don't get a dividend..

smile
A coin lights another coin........I heard Kikuyus saying. Now Mworia and Centum does it and nothing is lost, just making Money
When Whites make money we praise them, when Blacksmakes Money we abhor them. We have a problem...a inferiority complex.Sad
Realtreaty
#143 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:05:11 PM

Time to see a rise after all the good tidings

http://www.businessdailyafrica....413874-eg9iuh/index.html
Spikes
#144 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:19:32 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Spikes wrote:

smile
A coin lights another coin........I heard Kikuyus saying. Now Mworia and Centum does it and nothing is lost, just making Money
When Whites make money we praise them, when Blacksmakes Money we abhor them. We have a problem...a inferiority complex.Sad

I think as a country is high time we pass laws aimed at curtailing corporate greed permeated by executives.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ericsson
#145 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:07:35 AM

@Realtreaty
Those appointment are inconsequential. The individuals will have no say in coming up with strategic decisions.
Chris Kirubi and Mworia still call the shots and will have their way for whatever they want to do
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
enyands
#146 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:08:20 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Spikes wrote:

smile

@realtreaty are these recruited freshers going to be paid ama its pro Bono
Realtreaty
#147 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:31:24 AM

This week was all good news on Centum.
They even have guards to tell us they have postponed opening to Valentine day as this is time all flowers will blossom and Lovers will want Honeymoon there.

Good stock to be in just wondering what "TRAP" kept it so long at 40-45?
http://www.businessdailyafrica....54930-p8cj4dz/index.html

The almost 8% growth was the best indicator the price should head up past 50 by now.
Wakanyugi
#148 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:40:07 PM

guru267 wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Tell dem' my sister!

And then they wax lyrical about Warren Buffet. When was the last time Berkshire Hathaway declared a divided? NKTesticle!
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
Realtreaty
#149 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2016 3:26:37 PM

Throw back!!!!
Can someone remember the news when Centum sid they hd applied to waive the buyback clause to enable them buy back more Centum shares?
How far and deep did the news go?
Not far we would be surprised Centum Gododfthers having Bought some of the minority Shareholders.
Is it the reason the price is held at 40 and will rise after BREAKING NEWS that these godfathers have 80% share holding.
How soon is the question and surprise.
Realtreaty
#150 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 9:35:11 PM

Angelica _ann
#151 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 10:19:40 PM

Realtreaty wrote:

That is very good investment by Centum!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#152 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2016 11:06:56 PM

Now they should also acquire stake in equator bottlers and coast bottlers.
But i see centum doing an exit of Almasi beverages in the near future
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#153 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 1:23:08 AM

Ericsson wrote:

I doubt the "owners" of either business [C & E] want to sell.

Yes, I think Centum will spin it off in the future through a listing. Very smart.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
actuarywahisa
#154 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 12:14:59 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Yes, I think Centum will spin it off in the future through a listing. Very smart.

The day the dividend policy on this stock changes....!
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
actuarywahisa
#155 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 4:09:46 PM

enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
Bank interest cap has affected Centum which owns Sidian (Saidia)bank.
The bank was to be used as a borrowing arm to fund Other Centum projects.
Since the bank may not be used to lending money there is still hope Centum will recapture its price.
The bank may also be doing business with international partners who will not be affected by the Kenyan capping.

It could be also centum will benefit from borrowing from its own bank at a reduced interest rate

I doubt that Centum is viewed like 'any other borrower' when determining price of a loan by Sidian...for obvious reasons.
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
Angelica _ann
#156 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 4:24:08 PM

actuarywahisa wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
Bank interest cap has affected Centum which owns Sidian (Saidia)bank.
The bank was to be used as a borrowing arm to fund Other Centum projects.
Since the bank may not be used to lending money there is still hope Centum will recapture its price.
The bank may also be doing business with international partners who will not be affected by the Kenyan capping.

It could be also centum will benefit from borrowing from its own bank at a reduced interest rate

I doubt that Centum is viewed like 'any other borrower' when determining price of a loan by Sidian...for obvious reasons.

Where does inside / insider borrowing start and end in this relationship of Centum and Saidia Bank?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
researchfirst
#157 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 4:26:11 PM

actuarywahisa wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

It already changed. They started paying dividends again this year.
enyands
#158 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 5:06:41 PM

researchfirst wrote:
actuarywahisa wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Is it a guarantee that they will do the same every year ? I don't think so
Mkondoa Macho
#159 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 6:26:39 PM

This is one of the counters I would never touch. I dont trust management, the dividend drought appeared suspicious to me. The company is a jack of all trades
researchfirst
#160 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:28:28 AM

enyands wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
actuarywahisa wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Is it a guarantee that they will do the same every year ? I don't think so

Nothing is guaranteed, ever, but they said they would.