17 Pages«<1213141516>»
Centum
Horton
#261 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 12:58:55 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Horton wrote:
hooverrl wrote:
Horton wrote:

Yeah Im in only 2 listed stocks KCB average 27/- & CENTUM. I had KNRE but sold out recently at a small loss after some soul searching and got into Centum at a 36/- average which I intend to keep for abit.

Wow, well-played on KCB. You got the Shs3.00 div plus the capital gain. +37.0% total return over the past few months. Nice.

Would be interested in your Kenya Re thoughts. But maybe we should move that to another thread. smile

@Ryan. Thanks.

Sure thing on KNRE added u on facebook. Would love to hear ur perspective here.

@Ebenyo. Im a Value investor (or I would like to think so) I struggle with all that TA stuff and havent really paid much attention to it. Historically, value investing has better returns over the long term.

thanks horton,im also in the same boat with you.i take long term positions.
Im in knre so would like to hear what was your take their.Im not in centum because i dont like their attitude towards shareholders.Employees are more important than shareholders their.Would like to add you in facebook.

Ebenyo. Email me your name. Will search for u. hortoncapital@gmail.com
Realtreaty
#262 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2017 6:33:25 PM

The gust shows something has been built/set for investors or there is a well endowed investor who is chipping in!!!
Most like its a 1 for every 5 Bonus plus a dividend of 1 Bob.
This will be done to increase Centum capitalization that will help it build the mega properties it intend to build.
Realtreaty
#263 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 4:42:56 PM

Everything under wraps....still no indication of the trend as price refuses to change.
I am Pressed to assume flat 1 bob DVD or a maxi of 1.5 Kshs.
Or could there be something cooking to water down expectations of 5 year plan coming next year?
Spikes
#264 Posted : Wednesday, June 07, 2017 5:21:08 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Everything under wraps....still no indication of the trend as price refuses to change.
I am Pressed to assume flat 1 bob DVD or a maxi of 1.5 Kshs.
Or could there be something cooking to water down expectations of 5 year plan coming next year?

Your expectations will be hit hard by a shocker of election year as Centum pronounces a bonus of 2billion for employees and dividend drought for @Realtreaty....
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Horton
#265 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 9:19:45 AM

There seemed to be quite a bit of demand coming quite late in the game yesterday. I guess its in anticipation of FY 2017. Will be an interesting few days. In terms of Value, plenty here.

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3
A discount to book trading at 0.58 P/B

The slow and steady acquisition of Almasi Bev., the 2nd largest cocacola bottler in Kenya

Whats there not to like?
Mkondoa Macho
#266 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 10:44:41 AM

Horton wrote:
There seemed to be quite a bit of demand coming quite late in the game yesterday. I guess its in anticipation of FY 2017. Will be an interesting few days. In terms of Value, plenty here.

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

The slow and steady acquisition of Almasi Bev., the 2nd largest cocacola bottler in Kenya

Whats there not to like?

I am no financial expert, but out of that EPS of Ksh 11, how much of it is "revaluation gains"?....deduct that and get the EPS you can bank on.
Remember last year alone, Centum had revaluation gains of a whooping 5.1 billion!! You cant bank on revaluation gains because they are no cold hard cash. I believe that centum's true EPS is less than 5. Read here: http://www.businessdaily...71852-9qftupz/index.html
Horton
#267 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 11:00:51 AM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

I am no financial expert, but out of that EPS of Ksh 11, how much of it is "revaluation gains"?

So out of income of 24.165B, 5.1B was reevaluation gains which is 25%.
Mkondoa Macho
#268 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 11:06:27 AM

Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

I am no financial expert, but out of that EPS of Ksh 11, how much of it is "revaluation gains"?

PBT was 10.87 billion. Deduct 5.1 billion. So basically, about half of Centum's PAT/PBT was revaluation gains.
Horton
#269 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 11:17:03 AM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
[quote=Horton]There seemed to be quite a bit of demand coming quite late in the game yesterday. I guess its in anticipation of FY 2017. Will be an interesting few days. In terms of Value, plenty here.

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

I am no financial expert, but out of that EPS of Ksh 11, how much of it is "revaluation gains"?....deduct that and get the EPS you can bank on.
Remember last year alone, Centum had revaluation gains of a whooping 5.1 billion!! You cant bank on revaluation gains because they are no cold hard cash. I believe that centum's true EPS is less than 5. Read here: http://www.businessdaily...1852-9qftupz/index.html[/quote]

Oh I see you edited. So from the article "The gain was not booked in the company’s profit and loss account but was reflected in the balance sheet. When realised in disposals, the gains are expected to be included in the income statement."

Centum is an investment company and reevaluation is not prohibited.

There will always be reevaluation gains with companies like centum, cytonn, jubilee, kenre. And even at your hypothetical eps of 5(not sure whether this figure u derived was scientific or guesswork) it still gives a pe of 8 and how do you suggest we cater for book value then?

Horton
#270 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 11:20:44 AM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

PBT was 10.87 billion. Deduct 5.1 billion. So basically, about half of Centum's PAT/PBT was revaluation gains.

Not sure what your concern is regarding revaluation, its still a gain and its still atributable to the company. The obsession with "cold hard cash" is obsolete
Mkondoa Macho
#271 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 11:22:42 AM

Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
[quote=Horton]There seemed to be quite a bit of demand coming quite late in the game yesterday. I guess its in anticipation of FY 2017. Will be an interesting few days. In terms of Value, plenty here.

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

Remember last year alone, Centum had revaluation gains of a whooping 5.1 billion!! You cant bank on revaluation gains because they are no cold hard cash. I believe that centum's true EPS is less than 5. Read here: http://www.businessdaily...1852-9qftupz/index.html[/quote]

Oh I see you edited. So from the article "The gain was not booked in the company’s profit and loss account but was reflected in the balance sheet. When realised in disposals, the gains are expected to be included in the income statement."

Centum is an investment company and reevaluation is not prohibited.

There will always be reevaluation gains with companies like centum, cytonn, jubilee, kenre. And even at your hypothetical eps of 5(not sure whether this figure u derived was scientific or guesswork) it still gives a pe of 8 and how do you suggest we cater for book value then?

As I said before, I am not a financial expert. That 5 figure was just a rough approximation bearing in mind that almost half of Centum's declared EPS of 11 was revaluation gains, not actual cash.My point is, it would be prudent if you worked with a figure that does not include those revaluation gains to get a better picture of the company's actual bankable profit.
Sir Jones
#272 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 11:32:51 AM

Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

Not sure what your concern is regarding revaluation, its still a gain and its still atributable to the company. The obsession with "cold hard cash" is obsolete

@Horton, the concern here is that the employees will award themselves huge bonuses based on this revaluations that are in form of hard cash, yet the shareholder will keep holding on false hopes based on revaluations as pushed by the company (NAV).
Mkondoa Macho
#273 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 11:41:44 AM

Sir Jones wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

@Horton, the concern here is that the employees will award themselves huge bonuses based on this revaluations that are in form of hard cash, yet the shareholder will keep holding on false hopes based on revaluations as pushed by the company (NAV).

Exactly. Employees continue to pocket big bonuses, but shareholders are left with no cash/dividend as management peddles hot air in the name of revaluation gains. Bottomline: Revaluation gains cannot be trusted and that is the point I am trying to put across to Horton.
Mkondoa Macho
#274 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 11:49:04 AM

Centum gives its employees bonuses in billions. That is why I wouldn't trust "revaluation gains" and a mean dividend policy. When credit crunch hit America shareholders realized they had leased their companies for free to employees after taking off with huge bonuses and leaving shells behind. Centum's compensation system is based on bonuses, which creates a lot of incentives to cook books. The easiest way to do that is to use revaluation gains because the cash cannot be accounted for or traced.
Realtreaty
#275 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 12:28:18 PM

Time is money but am waiting for money using time meaning the opposite.....Time is not Money.
From today to 16th next week anything can be out of the I-phone held by Mworia and DJ CK.
The confirmed date is Tuesday 13 2017. Come one come all.
sparkly
#276 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 1:52:51 PM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Sir Jones wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

Exactly. Employees continue to pocket big bonuses, but shareholders are left with no cash/dividend as management peddles hot air in the name of revaluation gains. Bottomline: Revaluation gains cannot be trusted and that is the point I am trying to put across to Horton.

If UK wins a second term, buy Centum in bucket loads. The DJ is close to the UK administration unlike MK who favoured Transcentury. Hence why Centum won the Geothermal and Coal power plant projects.

If NASA wins, sell Centum the next day after results are announced.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Realtreaty
#277 Posted : Friday, June 09, 2017 4:21:19 PM

sparkly wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Sir Jones wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

If UK wins a second term, buy Centum in bucket loads. The DJ is close to the UK administration unlike MK who favoured Transcentury. Hence why Centum won the Geothermal and Coal power plant projects.

Due date is Tuesday 13, 2017. I expected the share price to move to 50 today but it lingered at 40 due to secrecy and confidential filing.
Monday is another day to trade and watch the movement!!!Pray Pray
enyands
#278 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 4:23:59 PM

sparkly wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Sir Jones wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Horton wrote:

NAV 69/-
EPS 11/-

So thats a PE of only 3

Whats there not to like?

Advise heeded
Realtreaty
#279 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 6:33:28 PM

smile IntertwinePray
40.50 highest a rate achieved last before 13/6/2017
hisah
#280 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 7:05:11 PM

Tomorrow is FY news day. Did I see a bull trap Think
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!