wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages123>»
Centum
Realtreaty
#1 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 5:18:11 AM

"The Kirubi Minds"
Developing something for generations to come
Now Authorities should make Kenya a shopping festivity Location and let Africa Shop here

http://www.businessdailyafrica....352860-cgofu2/index.html
Impunity
#2 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 10:45:14 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
"The Kirubi Minds"
Now Authorities should make Kenya a shopping festivity Location and let Africa Shop here

How do we access the place?
From ngoogle its like you have to go all the way through Northern bypass, I cant see any acees through Limuru road, unless kuna some Murram road through Runda.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

researchfirst
#3 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 10:56:41 AM

Impunity wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
"The Kirubi Minds"

From ngoogle its like you have to go all the way through Northern bypass, I cant see any acees through Limuru road, unless kuna some Murram road through Runda.

There is big entrance on Limuru Road. I drive by it every day. They have been expanding Limuru Road toward town as far down as Redhill Road. They have not done anything in Ruaka, though, so traffic from that side will be a mess until they do.
Impunity
#4 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 2:04:14 PM

researchfirst wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
"The Kirubi Minds"

There is big entrance on Limuru Road. I drive by it every day. They have been expanding Limuru Road toward town as far down as Redhill Road. They have not done anything in Ruaka, though, so traffic from that side will be a mess until they do.

I dont see it flourish as much due to location and accessability...the middle class will have to meander from South B/C,Buru,Langata,Ineercore,Adams,Ngong Road,Lavi,Kilee etc to access it.

The design is to target middle class and the emerging lower middle class (80% wazuans)...but the location is purely upper class, aka the same target as Village Market.

But we know upper class are not spenders, they like to keep their comfort...the middle class are the "showy" one and mindless spenders who will tweet holding a pair of Lacoste shoes and Diesel belt...

They need to think again, not unless they are targeting the middle class in Thika town/Juja areas, but again community from that region have "snakes" in their pockets so itakuwa ngumu sana kutoa pesa mfukoni mwao.

All the best DJ-CK.

Sad Sad

Fyatu
#5 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 2:17:51 PM

Impunity wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
"The Kirubi Minds"

I dont see it flourish as much due to location and accessability...the middle class will have to meander from South B/C,Buru,Langata,Ineercore,Adams,Ngong Road,Lavi,Kilee etc to access it.

The design is to target middle class and the emerging lower middle class (80% wazuans)...but the location is purely upper class, aka the same target as Village Market.

But we know upper class are not spenders, they like to keep their comfort...the middle class are the "showy" one and mindless spenders who will tweet holding a pair of Lacoste shoes and Diesel belt...

They need to think again, not unless they are targeting the middle class in Thika town/Juja areas, but again community from that region have "snakes" in their pockets so itakuwa ngumu sana kutoa pesa mfukoni mwao.

All the best DJ-CK.

Sad Sad

I thought innercore and Buru were re-classified to low middle-class....sana sana innercore where kids play in alleys lined-up with bars(and jembes).
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Surething
#6 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 2:49:49 PM

I think two rivers has the right idea in terms of having various types of housing as part of the development, which will hopefully feed the mall with customers, in the same vein as Greenspan mall is boosted by Greenspan housing.
Impunity
#7 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 5:15:28 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
"The Kirubi Minds"

All the best DJ-CK.

Sad Sad

I thought innercore and Buru were re-classified to low middle-class....sana sana innercore where kids play in alleys lined-up with bars(and jembes).

Yeah, low middle class...wako low but still middle class.
The spending power is in the middle class...whether lower, mid or upper or super upper!

I see a couple of Range Rover sports parked be;low those Innercore skycrapers...

Impunity
#8 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 5:45:29 PM

Surething wrote:
I think two rivers has the right idea in terms of having various types of housing as part of the development, which will hopefully feed the mall with customers, in the same vein as Greenspan mall is boosted by Greenspan housing.

90% of Greenspan mall shoppers are Oyols and the nearby Umoo-2.

Realtreaty
#9 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:06:53 PM

Malls make money from weekend/holiday/month end shoppers who shop, recreate and dine there.There are also conference and board rooms for MICE.
When my daughter forced me to take her to Dago corner for Nakumatt (you know girls think dads are rich and will ask for anything on the counter)
Where today Nakumatt lies was my favorite bar to see "Les Wanyika" who played music there and could even listen to music while lying on the grass near the time Kenya Science Teachers College (KSTC)
That Time Ngong road was smooth and never crowded.
So Lets meet at "Two rivers at least twice a Month!
Horton
#10 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:36:33 PM

Impunity wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
"The Kirubi Minds"

All the best DJ-CK.

Sad Sad

Impunity, allow me to punch holes in your theory

So, traditionally, middle class are known to be shoppers but I'm sure Athena did their research . This concept is similar to The Hub in Karen. Also, if this were entirely true, then there would be no malls in dubai.

I think mall concept is a matter of convenience vs a fashion statement. People shop in mall of Emirates because they need something or want something and rather than go buy it in the boiling streets, they go to an air conditioned mall. Similarly for Nairobi, people prefer to shop in enclosed spaces where u are not afraid to whip out your wallet or carry your purchases without fear unlike the streets.

It's not only the middle class that shop. The really rich also have needs and wants. They have children too who maintain a certain lifestyle and have the latest gadgets etc.

Nonetheless, VM has thrived despite being in an upmarket area and I believe this was its biggest strength on the flip side there are way too many malls in Kenya it's interesting how we build too many of one thing that may have done well in the past.
Fyatu
#11 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:41:09 PM

Impunity wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
"The Kirubi Minds"

All the best DJ-CK.

Sad Sad

The spending power is in the middle class...whether lower, mid or upper or super upper!

I see a couple of Range Rover sports parked be;low those Innercore skycrapers...

I agree with you...i once co-habited with a woman in one of innercore's skycrappers. Believe me, 6 years ago those houses were internet ready, as well as dstv ready. I lived like a king but only as far as my money lasted...After landing the whole night, breakfast was served in bed, by 8AM newspapers were delivered at the doorstep and by noon 8 tusker maots were delivered...those were the days....but i digress. Generally, folks in modern day Umoh are young and trendy...the consumers
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Impunity
#12 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:54:34 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Impunity wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
"The Kirubi Minds"

All the best DJ-CK.

Sad Sad

I agree with you...i once co-habited with a woman in one of innercore's skycrappers. Believe me, 6 years ago those houses were internet ready, as well as dstv ready. I lived like a king but only as far as my money lasted...After landing the whole night, breakfast was served in bed, by 8AM newspapers were delivered at the doorstep and by noon 8 tusker maots were delivered...those were the days....but i digress. Generally, folks in modern day Umoh are young and trendy...the consumers

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Realtreaty
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:40:07 PM

Bank interest cap has affected Centum which owns Sidian (Saidia)bank.
The bank was to be used as a borrowing arm to fund Other Centum projects.
Since the bank may not be used to lending money there is still hope Centum will recapture its price.
The bank may also be doing business with international partners who will not be affected by the Kenyan capping.
enyands
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:38:07 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Bank interest cap has affected Centum which owns Sidian (Saidia)bank.
The bank was to be used as a borrowing arm to fund Other Centum projects.
Since the bank may not be used to lending money there is still hope Centum will recapture its price.
The bank may also be doing business with international partners who will not be affected by the Kenyan capping.

It could be also centum will benefit from borrowing from its own bank at a reduced interest rate
Ericsson
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:40:15 AM

Centum was automatically going to use Sidian bank to borrow at reduced interest rate.
Their biggest headache now is the cap in interest rate since Sidian was going to loan to other kenyans,SME and MSME at premium rates in the name of customised products and solutions
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2016 1:24:18 PM

Malls outdo each other to attract clients, shoppers

http://www.businessdaily...69020-5smym2/index.html

Will there be a mall "crash"? When?

Two Rivers

Karen = The Hub &The Waterfront

Westlands/Parklands = Sarit Center (3x Expansion), Westgate (2x Expansion), Diamond Plaza (2x Expansion)

Ngong Road & environs = Junction, Greenhouse

On (46 kms) Thika Road = Garden City, TRM, Juja City, Spur Mall, Uni City and Mountain Mall.

There are many malls/areas I have not included including on Uhuru Highway, Langata Rd, Mombasa Road...

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Horton
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2016 3:01:02 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Two Rivers

Westlands/Parklands = Sarit Center (3x Expansion), Westgate (2x Expansion), Diamond Plaza (2x Expansion)

On (46 kms) Thika Road = Garden City, TRM, Juja City, Spur Mall, Uni City and Mountain Mall.

There are many malls/areas I have not included including on Uhuru Highway, Langata Rd, Mombasa Road...

Malls are overdone similar to hotels where everyone is getting into it.

Havent been to garden city of late but hear they are struggling with tenants? Same with greenhouse!

In my opinion, they should have done a world class theme park, which would accomodate a relatively smaller shopping/recreational and dining area.....water under the bridge!

However, the carlsberg partnership sounds like an interesing preposition for Centum and considering that they hold a very small stake in 2 rivers.

Jon Jones
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2016 4:58:38 PM

Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Two Rivers

Havent been to garden city of late but hear they are struggling with tenants? Same with greenhouse!

In my opinion, they should have done a world class theme park, which would accomodate a relatively smaller shopping/recreational and dining area.....water under the bridge!

However, the carlsberg partnership sounds like an interesing preposition for Centum and considering that they hold a very small stake in 2 rivers.

Sometimes I wonder. Apart from banks, supermarkets and fast food restaurants, do the other businesses in malls make any cash?? I believe that there is a lot of cash to be made, in other major towns but not Nairobi or Thika. There is huge potential for a big mall in Nakuru, Eldoret, Nyeri etc...basically, any town beyond 100km from Nairobi and with a population of over 500,000 people should have at least one mall.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
muandiwambeu
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2016 7:36:25 PM

Jon Jones wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Two Rivers

Sometimes I wonder. Apart from banks, supermarkets and fast food restaurants, do the other businesses in malls make any cash?? I believe that there is a lot of cash to be made, in other major towns but not Nairobi or Thika. There is huge potential for a big mall in Nakuru, Eldoret, Nyeri etc...basically, any town beyond 100km from Nairobi and with a population of over 500,000 people should have at least one mall.

I wonder what some people smoke. keep dreaming coz its easy that way
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Realtreaty
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2016 8:41:17 PM

Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Two Rivers

Still we are not there yet. Kenya is growing for the world not for Nairobians only. We want to be peaceful and keep peace and Nairobi will be another Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, hongkong, etc where people will come for services, shopping and relaxing
I dream a Kenya with no crime, a Kenya where people are honorable like the Japanese. You demonstrate peacefully and go home without breaking a grass or a sand. I want a Kenya with no slums, a Kenya with equity and brotherhood. A hardworking country with zero corruption.