wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<4567>
KenolKobil HY 2016 ebitda +5.9%, net profit +29.5%
Ebenyo
#101 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 12:32:52 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They will start even controling the relationship between a husband and wife at this rate!

This statement shows that you are still a "bachalla" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Relationships between a husband and wife are regulated first by the wife then by the government.

@sparkly,can u pliz share your current outstanding portfolio.@aguy said you are also a long termer.
Debt ridden companies are not ideal for long term investors.When a company collapse and is liquidated,creditors are paid first while ordinary shareholders are paid last.
KK liabilities are kshs 9.1 bilion while shareholders equity is kshs 9.2 bilion.Thats very thin margin indeed.Creditors are dangerous rivals to the shareholders.Infact they prey on shareholders.Uchumi survived liquidation on court injunction.
If kk is liquidated today,creditors will be paid equally with shareholders from the total assets of kshs 18.7 bilion.

KK current return on equity=13%
KK current return on assets=6%

The management needs to do more to grow shareholders return.They should also look at growing returns on assets.Avoid idle assets and invest in profitable assets.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Aguytrying
#102 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 1:53:00 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They will start even controling the relationship between a husband and wife at this rate!

This statement shows that you are still a "bachalla" Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Relationships between a husband and wife are regulated first by the wife then by the government.

@sparkly,can u pliz share your current outstanding portfolio.@aguy said you are also a long termer.
Debt ridden companies are not ideal for long term investors.When a company collapse and is liquidated,creditors are paid first while ordinary shareholders are paid last.
KK liabilities are kshs 9.1 bilion while shareholders equity is kshs 9.2 bilion.Thats very thin margin indeed.Creditors are dangerous rivals to the shareholders.Infact they prey on shareholders.Uchumi survived liquidation on court injunction.
If kk is liquidated today,creditors will be paid equally with shareholders from the total assets of kshs 18.7 bilion.

The management needs to do more to grow shareholders return.They should also look at growing returns on assets.Avoid idle assets and invest in profitable assets.

Read kk financial statements from 2010 upto 2016 to see the ongoing recovery in shareholders funds and sale of idle assets
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
VituVingiSana
#103 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:17:32 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

@Ebenyo

Shareholder Funds = Assets - Liabilities so if KK's Shareholder Funds are 9.2bn then KK is a-OK.

Then look at the type of Assets and Liabilities. KK has "inventory" which is easily liquidated. Most of KK's Inventory = Fuel.

Offset ALL Liabilities with Current Assets to get a better picture. Then there are "long-term" assets eg stations, etc that can be sold in a liquidation but take time.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#104 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:49:29 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

@Ebenyo

Shareholder Funds = Assets - Liabilities so if KK's Shareholder Funds are 9.2bn then KK is a-OK.

Then look at the type of Assets and Liabilities. KK has "inventory" which is easily liquidated. Most of KK's Inventory = Fuel.

Offset ALL Liabilities with Current Assets to get a better picture. Then there are "long-term" assets eg stations, etc that can be sold in a liquidation but take time.

@vvs,its true kk books are currently very healthy.My opinion was generalised across a number of firms here.Just as @ Aguy has mentioned,i dont know what the situation was 5 or 10 years back in kk.My comments are only based on the current HY results which i have a copy.
According to the current debt to equity ratio of kk,the situation in those years was definitely not cool.We must congratulate the current management for a job well done.Lets hope they carry on the good job ahead.

NB
The board should consider increasing dividends to atleast kshs 0.50 per share.
School fees ya high school na university inatungoja huko mbele.We need good dividend yield.
The current dividend yield is low and its the only reason im not in this good ship.I hope ohanna is reading this.

Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#105 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 11:01:39 PM

@Ebenyo

Look at the 1H 2016 Balance Sheet again. Forget the history. Look to the future. The Shareholder Funds are healthy and growing. The KES 400mn provision for the claim vs KPRL shows that KK/Ohana is confident about the future.

Dividend: No, KK should pay down debt first OR expand profitably OR enter new lines of business that are potentially profitable. If you want a consistent & reliable source of "school fees" then buy bonds. Or perhaps mature firms like BAT or SCBK.

BTW, today I filled up at a very busy KK station. There was a 2/- discount on fuel + 2/- K-Card discount = 4/- discount. I am sure the station is also making money. So what margin is KK enjoying that it can "give away" 4/- at that station?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#106 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2016 8:41:09 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@Ebenyo

Look at the 1H 2016 Balance Sheet again. Forget the history. Look to the future. The Shareholder Funds are healthy and growing. The KES 400mn provision for the claim vs KPRL shows that KK/Ohana is confident about the future.

Dividend: No, KK should pay down debt first OR expand profitably OR enter new lines of business that are potentially profitable. If you want a consistent & reliable source of "school fees" then buy bonds. Or perhaps mature firms like BAT or SCBK.

BTW, today I filled up at a very busy KK station. There was a 2/- discount on fuel + 2/- K-Card discount = 4/- discount. I am sure the station is also making money. So what margin is KK enjoying that it can "give away" 4/- at that station?

My kk is up 25% in this bear market, im sure guys find our loyalty to kk bordering on insanity, this performance is vindication. I am pleasantly surprised. Should it drop to 9.xy I will not hesitate to increase my holding. The only regret when a good share rallies is, you wish you bought more.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Pesa Nane
#107 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 10:47:10 PM

Was this featured here?

Quote:
KenolKobil and Castrol to build lubricant plant

KenolKobil and British industrial and automotive lubricants manufacturer Castrol have partnered to construct a $15 million (Sh1.5 billion) lubricants factory in Mombasa. KenolKobil sought the partnership believing it to be a cheaper option than importing the lubricants from South Africa, where it has been obtaining the merchandise from. The oil Company’s Chief Executive Officer David Ohana confirmed the partnership and adding the budget for the mega project has already been approved by Castrol’s management. “The Castrol head office has approved the budget and the project is due to commence,” Ohana said during the release of KenolKobil half-year results last Thursday. The construction of the plant is set to begin by mid-2017. Ohana said the factory will have a monthly output of 1,000 tonnes of lubricants and will strengthen KenolKobil’s standing in the local petroleum sub sector.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
enyands
#108 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 11:31:42 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Was this featured here?

Quote:
KenolKobil and Castrol to build lubricant plant

KenolKobil and British industrial and automotive lubricants manufacturer Castrol have partnered to construct a $15 million (Sh1.5 billion) lubricants factory in Mombasa. KenolKobil sought the partnership believing it to be a cheaper option than importing the lubricants from South Africa, where it has been obtaining the merchandise from. The oil Company’s Chief Executive Officer David Ohana confirmed the partnership and adding the budget for the mega project has already been approved by Castrol’s management. “The Castrol head office has approved the budget and the project is due to commence,” Ohana said during the release of KenolKobil half-year results last Thursday. The construction of the plant is set to begin by mid-2017. Ohana said the factory will have a monthly output of 1,000 tonnes of lubricants and will strengthen KenolKobil’s standing in the local petroleum sub sector.

I have a feeling this company will go far.been sleeping for long time .need to wake up before winter catches me .heading to broker tomorrow or day after to seek more air. After that I'll be agreeing and supporting every word vvs and mlennyma,and Aguy says.the day you see me say that just know I'm a married man to kk and she will be my bride ....
Spikes
#109 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:26:19 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Ebenyo

My kk is up 25% in this bear market, im sure guys find our loyalty to kk bordering on insanity, this performance is vindication. I am pleasantly surprised. Should it drop to 9.xy I will not hesitate to increase my holding. The only regret when a good share rallies is, you wish you bought more.

Sell now eat 25% gain enter low at 8/- where I am patiently waiting. You'll be shocked to see me enter low at the same price you joined two years ago. Considering time value of money I'll be richer than you combined in the maximum bull run.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
gatoho
#110 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:43:32 AM

Spikes wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Ebenyo

Sell now eat 25% gain enter low at 8/- where I am patiently waiting. You'll be shocked to see me enter low at the same price you joined two years ago. Considering time value of money I'll be richer than you combined in the maximum bull run.

It's not a contest young man
Foresight..
Aguytrying
#111 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:46:12 AM

gatoho wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Ebenyo

ha ha. Spikes still dreaming of 8.00, soon it will be double that ie 16.00. Price doesn't bother me much. Even if it goes to 8.00, ill buy more shares. selling expecting lower prices is speculative and thats not my business
VituVingiSana
#112 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:02:13 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
gatoho wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@Ebenyo

ha ha. Spikes still dreaming of 8.00, soon it will be double that ie 16.00. Price doesn't bother me much. Even if it goes to 8.00, ill buy more shares. selling expecting lower prices is speculative and thats not my business

If not for the "KPRL" write-off [which I believe is a prudent move by Ohana] of 400mn, KK would be looking at an EPS of 2/- for FY 2016. I see they have been (slowly) improving their stations. And then there's the 2/- discount on the K-card. Plus additional discounts at some stations. I think these push volumes [not Segman style] to enable KK become more competitive in bidding for OTS cargoes.
mlennyma
#113 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:08:28 PM

Kenol hits 12 in the eve of the interim dividend books closure on 26th,i cant rule out kenol stock becoming a beneficiary of some money which was made to buy bank stocks
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#114 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:20:02 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Kenol hits 12 in the eve of the interim dividend books closure on 26th,i cant rule out kenol stock becoming a beneficiary of some money which was made to buy bank stocks

Plus KK benefits from lower interest rates.
mlennyma
#115 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:23:19 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

for the first time in many years i saw 1m live bids
watesh
#116 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:15:45 PM

mlennyma wrote:

Eg me going forward till banks stabilize am redirecting my capital to KK
Spikes
#117 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:34:50 PM

mlennyma wrote:

Hitting 12/- with a bid of 100 shares doesn't mean demand is overwhelming. It is just a mere buy performed by KK enthusiast. Na huenda ni wewe ama some Wazuans most likely.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
mlennyma
#118 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:49:48 PM

Spikes wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Hitting 12/- with a bid of 100 shares doesn't mean demand is overwhelming. It is just a mere buy performed by KK enthusiast. Na huenda ni wewe ama some Wazuans most likely.

@spikes if it were not you i would have responded with an explanation
Aguytrying
#119 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:43:13 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Kk is so unlucky it's ready to rally when the market is going opposite direction just like 2011
VituVingiSana
#120 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:43:48 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Kk is so unlucky it's ready to rally when the market is going opposite direction just like 2011

KK will be fine. The profits are a-coming.
Cheaper loans = lower financing costs
Cheaper loans = more cars will be purchased
More cars = more fuel needed
Applause Applause Applause