obiero
#1942 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 7:25:48 AM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
[quote=obiero][quote=maka]Look at this;

This month the Central Bank of Kenya offered a 10 year Treasury Bond for a total amount of up to Kshs 25 Billion. The total number of bids received was 795 amounting to Kshs 26.31 Billion. The Weighted average rate for successful bids was 15.039%

Coupon 15.039% crazy...even after WHT its good cash

I spoke to the president and his take was that the government shall pull down borrowing rates for itself, which is a good thing.. Expect government to obtain cheap credit. Watch the tbill rate slide down in coming months. We live in good times

Congrats for speaking with @citizen001 but you should have asked him how the "government shall pull down borrowing rates for itself" when in fact we know the rates are market driven (through auctions)

Beg to differ. The auctions are driven mainly by banks.. Now that banks are pushed to the wall on consumer lending, expect government to show a stiff hand

Rates at the auction won't come down anytime soon....that 10 year was just a start.

91, 182, 364 day bills all down.. Expect the shorter tenor to hit 6.5% by December.. As per Graham's law, the bulls at the NSE must show up shortly.. http://www.businessdaily...4800-b0eb44z/index.html[/quote]

Government stiff hand now visible with the last few failed auctions.. The NSE rally is nigh http://www.businessdaily...98768-c6waci/index.html[/quote]
I spoke to the president

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#1943 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 7:28:04 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
ombaalbt wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
[quote=Last year dps for these three banks was as follows:
1.Equity-2.00
2.Coop-0.80
3.Kcb-2.00
But due to the interest cap,im not sure if the dps will
be the same.
Can someone plis give a projection of
the likely scenerio.Will dps be the same,decreased,increased
or none?

The rate caps largely affected third quarter results. My prediction would be the DPS will remain the same. The real test will be 2017 results whose dividends will be paid in 2018.

DPS must be held constant

Dividends were hiked with increasing revenues/ profitability(constant dividend payout ratio). The vice versa is also true. Realisticwise, 50% down.

@muandi only one listed lender being HF reduced its dividend payout. KCB even increased!!

muandiwambeu
#1944 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 1:46:30 PM

obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
ombaalbt wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.Equity-2.00
2.Coop-0.80
3.Kcb-2.00
be the same.
or none?

The rate caps largely affected third quarter results. My prediction would be the DPS will remain the same. The real test will be 2017 results whose dividends will be paid in 2018.

Dividends were hiked with increasing revenues/ profitability(constant dividend payout ratio). The vice versa is also true. Realisticwise, 50% down.

@muandi only one listed lender being HF reduced its dividend payout. KCB even increased!!

You aren't serious @obiero, I did decide. Atleast I wasn't quartered or halved. Hope you are enjoying riding the stormy seas still. That which thrills, kills too.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
MadDoc
#1945 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 4:48:52 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
ombaalbt wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.Equity-2.00
2.Coop-0.80
3.Kcb-2.00
be the same.
or none?

You aren't serious @obiero, I did decide. Atleast I wasn't quartered or halved. Hope you are enjoying riding the stormy seas still. That which thrills, kills too.

For those that bought Equity 3 weeks ago at 26,there's already a 30 percent markup.
Angelica _ann
#1946 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 4:52:12 PM

MadDoc wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
ombaalbt wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.Equity-2.00
2.Coop-0.80
3.Kcb-2.00
be the same.
or none?

For those that bought Equity 3 weeks ago at 26,there's already a 30 percent markup.

NIC at 24.5 smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#1947 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:46:56 AM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
[quote=Ebenyo][quote=obiero]I told you guys to sell off bank stocks in 2014. Luckily made it out of some major holdings in good time..

but a big percent of your portfolio is still in banks!

so, what do you expect to be a fair hair cut on obieros portfolio as a result of kamwanaas house attempt to please Wanjiku. what will be the overall industries' hit in percentage. my fair guess from my lender's perspective
(16-14.5)/(16*0.5)*100=18.75% conservetively
thieves.

COOP & HF will come out strongest in this.. Too little meat to be bitten out from the two. Plus HF has never been strong on deposits being only licensed to have current accounts a few months ago!! HF will have the least interest expense of all listed lenders

Hey @Obiero. Bill not signed. And please note I did not put the word 'yet' at the end.

Its bound to be signed on Monday 29th Aug 2016

The bankers will visit statehouse with big brown envelop and this story will be forgotten.

Smaller banks will fold

Here we are...
Family fires it's staff https://citizentv.co.ke/...fs-to-cut-costs-143841/
and then Sidian lays off 108 workers http://www.businessdaily...9550-3428588-151f209z/,
then Ecobank collapses 9 branches http://www.businessdaily...6506-316lohz/index.html
First Community Bank let go of a quarter of its staff http://www.the-star.co.k...osed-number-of_c1451638
And now BoA closes 12 branches. Sad state of affairs http://www.businessdaily...2926-jp394sz/index.html

80% of deposits are currently held in 7 banks in this country. Consolidation of institutions in the financial sector will pick up speed as we head deeper into turbulent economic times. Dubai, Imperial, Giro and Habib bank down.. Who's next??

More consolidation in the tier III
http://www.businessdaily...5260-13vo7tgz/index.html

Spikes
#1948 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:05:01 PM

http://www.businessdaily...0742-sc66p0z/index.html
The act of imperialism and aggression from the west. Economic invasion disguised as IMF.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
newfarer
#1949 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:57:37 PM

Spikes wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/IMF-pressure-Kenya-interest-rate-cap/539546-3890742-sc66p0z/index.html
The act of imperialism and aggression from the west. Economic invasion disguised as IMF.

IMF can go to Sheol
punda amecheka
Ericsson
#1950 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 2:18:55 PM

newfarer wrote:
Spikes wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/IMF-pressure-Kenya-interest-rate-cap/539546-3890742-sc66p0z/index.html

IMF can go to Sheol

Beggars don't choose and you sing to the tune of the lender.
Ask Egypt
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#1951 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 3:25:17 PM

Ericsson wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Spikes wrote:

IMF can go to Sheol

Ask Egypt

The law will be reversed as soon as parliamentary reconvenes.. The reversal was meant to happen in September after elections but the economic pressure has come to bear..

mkeiy
#1952 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 8:34:20 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Spikes wrote:

IMF can go to Sheol

Ask Egypt

The law will be reversed as soon as parliamentary reconvenes.. The reversal was meant to happen in September after elections but the economic pressure has come to bear..

Things keep on getting thicker but 'they' better have their heads buried deep in their @$$€$!
obiero
#1953 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:49:34 AM

mkeiy wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Spikes wrote:

IMF can go to Sheol

Ask Egypt

Things keep on getting thicker but 'they' better have their heads buried deep in their @$$€$!

Sense will prevail soon

KulaRaha
#1954 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 11:20:05 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Spikes wrote:

IMF can go to Sheol

Ask Egypt

So you're saying newly elected MPs will reverse a populist law based on whining from banks?

smile
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Realtreaty
#1955 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:51:02 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Spikes wrote:

IMF can go to Sheol

Ask Egypt

Applause I tally with you here. I was against capping from the word go and could have voted a NO with the banks.
The banks should only prepare a softer landing for depositors and mortgagors.
Flo-ology
#1956 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 8:43:43 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Spikes wrote:

IMF can go to Sheol

Ask Egypt

Applause I tally with you here. I was against capping from the word go and could have voted a NO with the banks.

You are joking. I can bet my months salary that this thing won't be reversed when august house reconvenes . If ever it would be reversed the earliest will be 2018
Reflection Eternal
Spikes
#1957 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:18:14 AM

Flo-ology wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Spikes wrote:

IMF can go to Sheol

Ask Egypt

You are joking. I can bet my months salary that this thing won't be reversed when august house reconvenes . If ever it would be reversed the earliest will be 2018

Tell them as they don't understand the times. Watangoja sana hadi wachoke. No reverse for this monister rate cap.Jifunze kusoma majira @Realtreaty.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
muandiwambeu
#1958 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 9:50:27 AM

whatte=Angelica _ann]
MadDoc wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
ombaalbt wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Last year dps for these three banks was as follows:
1.Equity-2.00
2.Coop-0.80
3.Kcb-2.00
be the same.
or none?

Dividends were hiked with increasing revenues/ profitability(constant dividend payout ratio). The vice versa is also true. [color=red wrote:
Realisticwise, 50% down[/color].

@madco, what are u in this market for? Spectator, speculator, trader etc. Am selling out again and my problem is managing the steam streak of bucks. Let me get rich, why die trying.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MadDoc
#1959 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 12:01:33 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MadDoc wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
ombaalbt wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.Equity-2.00
2.Coop-0.80
3.Kcb-2.00
be the same.
or none?

@madco what are in this market for. Spectator, speculator, trader etc. Am selling out again and my problem is managing the steam streak of bucks. Let me get rich, why die trying.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I am in Member for the long term. Not selling my stake for anything less than 60
muandiwambeu
#1960 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 1:45:06 PM

MadDoc wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MadDoc wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
ombaalbt wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.Equity-2.00
2.Coop-0.80
3.Kcb-2.00
be the same.
or none?

@madco what are in this market for. Spectator, speculator, trader etc. Am selling out again and my problem is managing the steam streak of bucks. Let me get rich, why die trying.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I am in Member for the long term. Not selling my stake for anything less than 60

That's okey, probably I should have done ten or so sales by then. Retaining my gains only. Twende kazi. I like your company though it makes me know am not alone here too. smile