wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

151 Pages«<6162636465>»
Law Capping interest rates
hardwood
#1241 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:26:08 PM

newfarer wrote:
Doomsday prophets, you can say what you want to say but all I can say my existing Barclay loan that has been a pain in the wrong place is now bearable.

Same for me. They called me to sign some form for the new rate and were begging me to take a top up.
obiero
#1242 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:38:14 PM

16.9m Equity Bank shares traded today. Interesting times

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Pesa Nane
#1243 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:58:27 PM

Wamunyota wrote:
I see SBG have revised their charges

EFT Payments 0 > 132

RTGS Payments 1000> 495

TT 0 > Kes 1,500 or 1% of the value of the payment, whichever is higher. Remains 0 for TT

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Impunity
#1244 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:12:12 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:

EFT Payments 0 > 132

RTGS Payments 1000> 495

TT 0 > Kes 1,500 or 1% of the value of the payment, whichever is higher. Remains 0 for TT

What is TT and why is it prized cheaper than the rest?
Does it take a week for funds to reflect while transfered thrugh TT?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

kayhara
#1245 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:24:45 AM

Impunity wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:

EFT Payments 0 > 132

RTGS Payments 1000> 495

I got this also, it means Telegraphic Transfer, I have never used it or never knew it was an option until yeaterday
To Each His Own
bird_man
#1246 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:37:29 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Seems the Governor is not as enthusiastic as the rest of you:

Kenya central bank: commercial bank lending may be hit by cap on rates - Reuters News

NAIROBI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Kenya's cap on commercial bank lending rates is complicating monetary policy and, alongside a cut in the benchmark interest rate, may lead to a decrease in commercial bank lending, the Kenya central bank governor said Wednesday.

Those borrowers deemed to be higher risk are likely to find it more difficult to secure loans after the central bank cut its key lending rate by half a percentage point or 50 basis points to 10 percent on Tuesday, Patrick Njoroge told a new conference.

(Reporting by George Obulutsa; Editing by Katharine Houreld)

As I said earlier, The Governor of Central Bank must be one pissed off Kenyan.

He was totally against rate capping and he wrote a very elaborate piece in the Business Daily (I believe) before the law was signed explaining why rate capping is NOT a good idea. Then the president signs the bill into law despite his advice, treasury's advice and the advice of all none political advisor and you tell him to implement the law.

I am sure were it not for his love of the country, he would have resigned! He is not in this for money after all. But I am sure he fears if he leaves we might have (a) Kiunjuri as the next Governor of Central Bank and the economy might just go to the dogs. He probably believes he can contribute more/better from the inside, but don't be fooled, the guy is pissed off!!!

Watermelon kind of answers from a man forced to implement an unsustainable law.
Interview With CBK GVN
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
MaichBlack
#1247 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 1:51:10 PM

bird_man wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Kenya central bank: commercial bank lending may be hit by cap on rates - Reuters News

NAIROBI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Kenya's cap on commercial bank lending rates is complicating monetary policy and, alongside a cut in the benchmark interest rate, may lead to a decrease in commercial bank lending, the Kenya central bank governor said Wednesday.

Those borrowers deemed to be higher risk are likely to find it more difficult to secure loans after the central bank cut its key lending rate by half a percentage point or 50 basis points to 10 percent on Tuesday, Patrick Njoroge told a new conference.

He was totally against rate capping and he wrote a very elaborate piece in the Business Daily (I believe) before the law was signed explaining why rate capping is NOT a good idea. Then the president signs the bill into law despite his advice, treasury's advice and the advice of all none political advisor and you tell him to implement the law.

I am sure were it not for his love of the country, he would have resigned! He is not in this for money after all. But I am sure he fears if he leaves we might have (a) Kiunjuri as the next Governor of Central Bank and the economy might just go to the dogs. He probably believes he can contribute more/better from the inside, but don't be fooled, the guy is pissed off!!!

Interview With CBK GVN

True true!! Even reiterating that they (CBK) had raised their concerns about the law before it was signed and those concerns remain!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Gatheuzi
#1248 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 5:02:10 PM

kayhara wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Wamunyota wrote:

EFT Payments 0 > 132

RTGS Payments 1000> 495

I got this also, it means Telegraphic Transfer, I have never used it or never knew it was an option until yeaterday

TT is used for overseas payments. Charging 1% of transaction value appeared crazy thus the downward revision. This is somebody that has already paid around 2% when trading shares then you charge another 1%! Total greed!
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
Gatheuzi
#1249 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 6:38:45 PM

guru267 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Impunity wrote:
bird_man wrote:
So KCBMpesa is not lending anymore and Equity has reduced the Equitel loan limits!

What are the new limits?

Have they also reduced the Ezzyloan limits?

Yes they have...from 30K to zero and with no communication even. As is, one can only borrow mshwari given KCB is also out of the loan game for now.
I still think interest capping is a mistake.
Accessing unsecured loans right now is impossible..so what happens to us juakali people with no assets to secure?

Use welding machine as a collateral.

The Banks will choke the living daylights out of Wanjiku until there are protests to reverse this useless law...

Meanwhile they will shift focus to corporate customers, high net worth individuals, T bills and regional subsidiaries...

@guru267, after reading most of your posts I can now conclude that you have come back - i.e. you no longer subscribe to the notion that "charging interest is Haram".

Let us remain this way - making money with banks doesn't make one "Kafir". Let us buy slowly and fatten our dividends when thing look up once again. Iam loving the blood. Drool Drool
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
MaichBlack
#1250 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 6:52:23 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
guru267 wrote:
Impunity wrote:
bird_man wrote:
Impunity wrote:
bird_man wrote:
So KCBMpesa is not lending anymore and Equity has reduced the Equitel loan limits!

What are the new limits?

Have they also reduced the Ezzyloan limits?

Yes they have...from 30K to zero and with no communication even. As is, one can only borrow mshwari given KCB is also out of the loan game for now.
I still think interest capping is a mistake.
Accessing unsecured loans right now is impossible..so what happens to us juakali people with no assets to secure?

Use welding machine as a collateral.

The Banks will choke the living daylights out of Wanjiku until there are protests to reverse this useless law...

Meanwhile they will shift focus to corporate customers, high net worth individuals, T bills and regional subsidiaries...

@guru267, after reading most of your posts I can now conclude that you have come back - i.e. you no longer subscribe to the notion that "charging interest is Haram".

Let us remain this way - making money with banks doesn't make one "Kafir". Let us buy slowly and fatten our dividends when thing look up once again. Iam loving the blood. Drool Drool

Let me tell @Gatheuzi, we will be paying school fees for our kids with dividends from banking stocks only. You just need balls of steel. Buying pole pole. This year and next year MIGHT not be so nice, but come 2018 and beyond, sema kukulia kwa kitanda!!

Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
obiero
#1251 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 8:23:30 AM

A recession is on the way for Kenya unless urgent action is taken against the drop in domestic lending to the retail segment

streetwise
#1252 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 9:33:44 AM

I know we all can have 100 reasons why things will not work. All I need is one way that will work
newfarer
#1253 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:58:04 AM

streetwise wrote:
I know we all can have 100 reasons why things will not work. All I need is one way that will work

Me that one thing is that I'm I will continue paying bearable interest rate than that crazy 20%.my bank is still calling me to top up. smile
punda amecheka
muandiwambeu
#1254 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 3:04:29 PM

bird_man wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:

Interview With CBK GVN

drama za kañju silidead with devolution, do u miss the humour n leughter that went with it. does the word majiwa or dick wathika make sense to u. tulia ubnyolewe
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Ericsson
#1255 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 4:02:46 PM

Wiseman Obiero has spoken
recession is underway
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Akenyan2014
#1256 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 4:57:26 PM

I fail to understand how the economy shall go to recession if banks are stopped from exploiting Kenyans.
obiero
#1257 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:07:32 PM

Akenyan2014 wrote:
I fail to understand how the economy shall go to recession if banks are stopped from exploiting Kenyans.

It's the banks that will take us there..

newfarer
#1258 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 6:54:57 PM

obiero wrote:
Akenyan2014 wrote:

It's the banks that will take us there..

If so why are some banks calling customers to top up loans?
punda amecheka
alma1
#1259 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 8:38:03 PM

Obiero after your fiasco with KQ I really wonder about you..

So Kenya is going to a recession because of banks not lending? Which school of economics is that one? Banks always lend. Maybe not to you or Wanjiku but they'll lend to someone...They'll call it credit, mortgage, bonds, Loc, mutual fund etc, but banking is about lending...

That was point one.

Second point.

Economies don't die because banks don't lend to Wanjiku. They go into recession 99% of the time because of poor gov't fiscal policies.

So unless you are a Jubilee apologist, you are going nuts again. There is going to be a recession in Kenya. Just look at the body language of the CBK governor. Look at guru's posts.

The worry for banks is that just as quickly as this bill passed, Obiero shall come up with some silly idea that it's because of the banks..

Fact is, Jubilee has borrowed money that my kids can't pay to build a railway line that should have been built with 1978 technology. It has also borrowed money to give Masukumas love child Mutahi Ngunyi money he wanted to steal.

This is like the white guys who say that blacks should be excited since they are americans even though they are shot every 2 days.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

The Great
#1260 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 10:02:22 PM

Helicopter money economics gearing up. Kwanza 2017.Then 2017 xmas ndio ngoma itaanza. Things will just fall apart. Watch this space
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."