Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

151 Pages«<144145146147148>»
Law Capping interest rates
Blukes
#2901 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:31:46 AM

smile smile Laughing out loudly nice one

Superprime1 wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/MPs-agree-with-Uhuru-on-repealing-interest-caps/1056-5329594-view-asAMP-hnccjxz/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Of course, what did we expect: after the NIC-CBA merger; it's time for the investment to make money.

Parte after parte
Down we mash up the place
Parte after parte
Parte after parte
Mash up the place
Big Trill on the beats
Mash up the place

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#2902 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:39:20 AM

FUNKY wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/MPs-agree-with-Uhuru-on-repealing-interest-caps/1056-5329594-view-asAMP-hnccjxz/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Prayers have been answered. Time to flush those rate caps down the toilet!
@SufficientlyP
MaichBlack
#2903 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:41:16 AM

newfarer wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:
“Notwithstanding the repeal of section 33 B, any agreement or arrangement to borrow or lend which was made or entered into...shall continue to be in force on such terms, including interest rates and for the duration specified in the agreement or arrangement,Applause Applause Applause

now the new rate can go to 1001% who cares

This is just a proposal. Not sure if Speaker Muturi will even allow it. You know who he will have to consult first...

what happens if he doesn't allow it? with the mpigs neck high in debts,won't there be great resistance. I would reach malice and greed if Uhuru fails to agree with the amendment given that even the banks proposed this.

They will never get two thirds majority!!!

These are MPigs who are bought with 10,000/=!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Viviva
#2904 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:41:56 AM

Will this mean higher interest rates on fixed deposit?
MaichBlack
#2905 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:58:14 AM

Viviva wrote:

If the banks are in the mood!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Horton
#2906 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 11:11:52 AM

Viviva wrote:

Knowing our blood thirsty banks..... I highly doubt it.
maka
#2907 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 11:13:40 AM

Viviva wrote:

It's a very delicate balance.... Very delicate...
possunt quia posse videntur
quicksand
#2908 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 11:26:01 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:
“Notwithstanding the repeal of section 33 B, any agreement or arrangement to borrow or lend which was made or entered into...shall continue to be in force on such terms, including interest rates and for the duration specified in the agreement or arrangement,Applause Applause Applause

This is just a proposal. Not sure if Speaker Muturi will even allow it. You know who he will have to consult first...

what happens if he doesn't allow it? with the mpigs neck high in debts,won't there be great resistance. I would reach malice and greed if Uhuru fails to agree with the amendment given that even the banks proposed this.

MPs who resist cause of their own high indebtedness to banks can be bribed by contractually backed frozen interest rates guarantees until the debt is cleared. Then they will do as they do best, sell Kenyans down the river.
Kenyans,...get ready to be bent over. The shaft is coming and it will feel like an electric pole up the backside..special sympathies go to those with mortgages.
Ericsson
#2909 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 12:14:01 PM

quicksand wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:

MPs who resist cause of their own high indebtedness to banks can be bribed by contractually backed frozen interest rates guarantees until the debt is cleared. Then they will do as they do best, sell Kenyans down the river.
Kenyans,...get ready to be bent over. The shaft is coming and it will feel like an electric pole up the backside..special sympathies go to those with mortgages.

Mortgage lazima ichukuliwe
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
kuku3
#2910 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 12:58:06 PM

quicksand wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:

Sisi kama wananchi wa kawaida tunaumia.Sad
... a fool and his money are soon parted...
newfarer
#2911 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:30:44 PM

quicksand wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:

mortgage is a no no for me.I personally have maintained a good credit rating with my bankers so I don't expect much shock should the sharks come calling.I have also substantially cleared the loan I had taken and can settle in full should at the fly wakiniletea ufala.I have enjoyed the ride.
punda amecheka
MaichBlack
#2912 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:11:13 PM

newfarer wrote:
quicksand wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
newfarer wrote:

mortgage is a no no for me.I personally have maintained a good credit rating with my bankers so I don't expect much shock should the sharks come calling.I have also substantially cleared the loan I had taken and can settle in full should at the fly wakiniletea ufala.I have enjoyed the ride.

Smart Kenyan!!!

I remember when rates went up to 27% levels!!! Some Kenyans almost went nuts running around. A friend of mine became an expert debt collector. A certain company owed him money. He pushed them in ways they have never been pushed before. The day he was paid he went direct to deposit the cheque to pay a huge part of his loan!!!
sparkly
#2913 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:52:56 PM

newfarer wrote:

That's a stupid proviso. Contracts should follow Statute not the other way round.

In reality Bankers draft loan contracts to allow for change in monetary policy, law, interest rates and all else short of acts of God.

Imagine if the law read "Don't kill, but if you agreed to kill each other, it's ok to kill".

In other words the proviso tells the borrower to look at the fine print of the loan Contract. The Loan Contract obviously favours the Banker.
Life is short. Live passionately.
newfarer
#2914 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 6:12:07 PM

sparkly wrote:
newfarer wrote:

That's a stupid proviso. Contracts should follow Statute not the other way round.

In reality Bankers draft loan contracts to allow for change in monetary policy, law, interest rates and all else short of acts of God.

Imagine if the law read "Don't kill, but if you agreed to kill each other, it's ok to kill".

In other words the proviso tells the borrower to look at the fine print of the loan Contract. The Loan Contract obviously favours the Banker.

who makes statutes?
I thought the provision will be a statute if the bill is passed by the parliament and signed by the President
punda amecheka
Extraterrestrial
#2915 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 6:02:50 AM

Boom!

Kiambu Town MP Jude Njomo, who first introduced the caps, said there is "spontaneous" support to maintain the interest controls, and condemned what he called a "conspiracy by banks to fleece

https://www.standardmedi...l-vote-on-loan-interests
lochaz-index
#2916 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:05:49 AM

Extraterrestrial wrote:
Boom!

Kiambu Town MP Jude Njomo, who first introduced the caps, said there is "spontaneous" support to maintain the interest controls, and condemned what he called a "conspiracy by banks to fleece

https://www.standardmedi...-vote-on-loan-interests

Quote:
"We cannot allow banks to continue making abnormal profits. There is a narrative that SMEs are not getting loans. The problem is the government which has been borrowing heavily form the local market. The President should re-examine his position. As Parliament, we will vote with the conscience of every member," he added.

I don't know whether these mps are just duplicitous or plain idiots. Since 2015 they've reviewed the debt ceiling upwards on two occasions but they blame GoK for using the same credit card that they happily issued - with zero resistance on deficit spending in the intervening period. Sigh.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Fyatu
#2917 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:13:01 AM

Extraterrestrial wrote:
Boom!

Aden Duale akikohoa MPs wata itika....
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
jmbada
#2918 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2019 2:16:02 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
Boom!

Aden Duale akikohoa MPs wata itika....

True. See MK's comments from minute 5 onwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnOSU8OfYPQ
FUNKY
#2919 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2019 4:23:44 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Interest rate caps are set to be repealed. This is following the @NAssemblyKE failure to raise a two-thirds majority to oppose President Uhuru Kenyatta's reservations on interest rate caps. https://t.co/egfHuRgRac
Metch
#2920 Posted : Tuesday, November 05, 2019 4:43:26 PM

[quote=FUNKY]BREAKING NEWS: Interest rate caps are set to be repealed. This is following the @NAssemblyKE failure to raise a two-thirds majority to oppose President Uhuru Kenyatta's reservations on interest rate caps. https://t.co/egfHuRgRac[/quote]

Applause Applause Applause
Parte after parte
Start!