wazua Wed, Apr 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

151 Pages«<140141142143144>»
Law Capping interest rates
mlennyma
#2821 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:54:18 PM

I thought the courts gave this law 1year for being unconstitutional,was there any successful appeal?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Baratang
#2822 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:32:23 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Gathige wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Can a slay queen be sent to Jude Njomo with the sole purpose of derailing him from making ammendments to the Banking act? If it happened to Linturi then it can happen to Njomo ama namna gani my friends?

Akothee was in Parliament yesterday. Lets hope it works out

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Fyatu
#2823 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:00:17 PM

mlennyma wrote:
I thought the courts gave this law 1year for being unconstitutional,was there any successful appeal?

Yes, true. The courts ruled the caps unconstitutional and recommended ammendments. Parliament has until March 2020 to change the wording of the Act. Looks like Jude Njomo/parliament might deliver by end of this month thus the need for some obstruction(Slay queen in Naivasha etc).
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Ericsson
#2824 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 11:13:18 AM

The real goal should be reduced government spending, rather than balanced budgets achieved by ever rising tax rates to cover ever rising spending. - Thomas Sowell
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Fyatu
#2825 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 2:04:28 PM

Fyatu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Yes, true. The courts ruled the caps unconstitutional and recommended ammendments. Parliament has until March 2020 to change the wording of the Act. Looks like Jude Njomo/parliament might deliver by end of this month thus the need for some obstruction(Slay queen in Naivasha etc).

Jude Njomo and team have delivered. The bill will be on Uhuru's desk come Monday. CBK governor was recently quoted saying that he was confident that the interest law cap would be repealed...."its not a question of if but when"... said the CBK boss.What does Dr. Opus know that wazuans don't know?

Monday it is..
muandiwambeu
#2826 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 4:21:43 AM

Baratang wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Gathige wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Can a slay queen be sent to Jude Njomo with the sole purpose of derailing him from making ammendments to the Banking act? If it happened to Linturi then it can happen to Njomo ama namna gani my friends?

Akothee was in Parliament yesterday. Lets hope it works out

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Praying for Njomo and the parliament in general to be sober at this moment of temptations, Akothee will keep her legs lip at this time of mutual need.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#2827 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:30:54 AM

Back to laissez faire......as Ouru reportedly refuses to sign the Finance Bill until the rate cap is axed, according to CBG Njoroge Applause Applause Applause

https://www.bloomberg.co..._twitter_impression=true
@SufficientlyP
watesh
#2828 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:35:57 AM

[quote=Sufficiently Philanga....thropic]Back to laissez faire......as Ouru reportedly refuses to sign the Finance Bill until the rate cap is axed, according to CBG Njoroge Applause Applause Applause

https://www.bloomberg.co...twitter_impression=true[/quote]
Looks like there is some dim light at the end of the tunnel
nairobby
#2829 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:37:43 AM

[quote=Sufficiently Philanga....thropic]Back to laissez faire......as Ouru reportedly refuses to sign the Finance Bill until the rate cap is axed, according to CBG Njoroge Applause Applause Applause

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
cyruskulei
#2830 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:36:34 AM

nairobby wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Coz he has stopped caring about anything but himself, The rate cap will be removed. Biashara iendele.

Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Ericsson
#2831 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:13:16 AM

https://www.bloomberg.co...-central-bank-head-says
Sir invest
#2832 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:18:27 AM

Following the CBA and NIC merger, this move was eminent. It might be the only role Uhuru was given by the family to ensure they reap big in interest income!!!!
Ericsson
#2833 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:19:12 AM

News you don't find on business daily
Superprime1
#2834 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:35:53 AM

Ericsson wrote:

News you don't find on business daily

It's on the front-page, Business Daily today -- or which one are you reading?
heri
#2835 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:40:45 AM

if the rates are scrapped, will the existing loans be repriced?
Fyatu
#2836 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:50:53 AM

which bank at current prices will deliver > 5 bagger?I dont see KCB and Equity rallying x5times i.e., There is no way KCB and Equity will rally to 200bob. Thus i repeat the question....which listed bank will deliver greater than 5 bagger? Lets speculate
Ericsson
#2837 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:53:22 AM

Fyatu wrote:
which bank at current prices will deliver > 5 bagger?I dont see KCB and Equity rallying x5times i.e., There is no way KCB and Equity will rally to 200bob. Thus i repeat the question....which listed bank will deliver greater than 5 bagger? Lets speculate

None
Angelica _ann
#2838 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:00:12 PM

I hope the reversal of interest rate cap will improve CBK T-bill and T-bond rates. Those in the know, what do you think/any comment?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Monk
#2839 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:08:14 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
I hope the reversal of interest rate cap will improve CBK T-bill and T-bond rates. Those in the know, what do you think/any comment?

CBK has no choice but to improve those rates, if the Big 4 Agenda is still on the table...it's the only way to compete for funds with the private sector.
Ericsson
#2840 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:06:19 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Uhuru Kenyatta is the man squarely behind the rate cap. You cannot tell me that he does not know that things have slowed down since the cap came to effect.He knows.

The interest rate cap will be repealed when he leaves office post 2022. Hiyo ingine yote ni kelele.

True the rate cap has helped us against the greedy loan shark banks, and I'm sure it wount go through parliament.

The problem is according to the judgement around February, where a judge actually called it unconstitutional and illegal, and gave parliament a year to correct the law otherwise it would be repealed without any further court appearance(i.e returns to its original state). My issue is we have forgotten about that ruling and our chicken memory governors and mp's will not remember to do anything about the law. I can bet you nnext year the interest rates will most likely increase, and we shall have no one to blame but ourselves for not following up on the ruling.

Here is the link.

https://www.businessdail...6434-6a9knqz/index.html

Hence the proposal by Henry Rotich.

Last 2 years budgets there have been similar proposals, this time its there to close our eyes and forget the judgement deadline.

MPs are negotiating that for the law to be repealed anyone who took a loan before should continue at the same interest rates.
New applicants are the ones to be subjected to the new rates.

Are you able to provide evidence of this assertion via a link/reference @Ericsson?

@Fyatu

Hon Sam Atandi @SamuelAtandi Jun 13
Repeal of interest cap law is a progressive proposal. However, its passage must exempt application of new interest rates on existing loan portfolio which should be considered permanently less risky

I reiterate that this is a Uhuru Kenyatta sponsored bill tabled in parliament by his proxy Jude Njomo. The rate cap is not going anywhere unless Uhuru Kenyatta leaves state house. Rotich should stop lying to Kenyans that he is making efforts towards a different outcome.

It has come to pass, TBT