Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
High Cost of Projects Slowly Killing Kenyan Dream
MaichBlack
#61 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 1:07:29 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Reading comments supporting how Government of Kenya public infrastructure projects are undertaken in cost effective manner is amusing. Even using timeframe alone, they cannot pass the test!!! Anyway see no evil, hear no evil. Good thing is we all bear the cost, some how, regardless smile

And our kids too @Othelo given the loans the current government is taking right left and center. Hata hiyo 1 Billion per kilometre ni loan. Sema kuibiwa in the future!!! Your future taxes have already been stolen!!! Na za watoto wako pia!!!

And some fellow is justifying the theft using "net tax consumers" mambo jambo!!! What do you do if your neighbours place is being robbed?? Even someone who doesn't pay taxes (unemployed etc. - not the evaders) should be up in arms because of this thuggery. They will participate in the loan repayment one day!!

It is common knowledge that there is theft of public resources. The biggest thieves are your tribesmen and villagemates, appointed by your tribal Lord. The tribal Lord voted by you and your tyrannical numbers. It's common knowledge. Your Wazua handle betrays you.

As for me, I will not come to Wazua blue section and shout money has been stolen without proof of what, when and how it has been stolen. In the green section you may but not in the blue section.

If admin can move the thread to the green section, it will get the discussion it merits.

I didn't imagine this was possible but I now have an even lower opinion of you @sparkly!!! I didn't imagine it could go lower!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#62 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 1:13:45 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Reading comments supporting how Government of Kenya public infrastructure projects are undertaken in cost effective manner is amusing. Even using timeframe alone, they cannot pass the test!!! Anyway see no evil, hear no evil. Good thing is we all bear the cost, some how, regardless smile

And our kids too @Othelo given the loans the current government is taking right left and center. Hata hiyo 1 Billion per kilometre ni loan. Sema kuibiwa in the future!!! Your future taxes have already been stolen!!! Na za watoto wako pia!!!

@Maich how can we help you if only see the loans that you and your kids will repay and not the economic prosperity and higher standards of life my kids will enjoy?

I leave you with two powerful quotes-

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing" - Oscar Wilde

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, - Theodore Roosevelt

I have a number of words that describe you but let me not use them.

What is the value of STOLEN MONEY. What value should I see in money that is borrowed, stolen and then Kenyans are left with decades of repayment bills.

Is it that you don't understand stuff or you just want to be a nuisance??? The issue is not loans. The issue is that they are stolen!!! And we will be left paying for money that ended in people's pockets!!!

@Sparkly - Read this and tell me what the value is!! This is what happens. We continue to LITERALLY pay for corruption long after the corrupt dealings!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#63 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 1:44:31 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Fmr Surveyors of Kenya chair Ibrahim Mwathane on why infrastructure projects in Kenya are costlier and take longer http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/4q495fz/-/index.html ~

The cost quoted here DOES NOT include compensation for land unless that is being done by foreign contractors nowadays. We have pointed that out a couple of times.

But of course compensation is one of the avenues used to steal from the tax payer and as a result, we can expect MORE money to be stolen from the tax payers.
sparkly
#64 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 7:22:11 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

And some fellow is justifying the theft using "net tax consumers" mambo jambo!!! What do you do if your neighbours place is being robbed?? Even someone who doesn't pay taxes (unemployed etc. - not the evaders) should be up in arms because of this thuggery. They will participate in the loan repayment one day!!

It is common knowledge that there is theft of public resources. The biggest thieves are your tribesmen and villagemates, appointed by your tribal Lord. The tribal Lord voted by you and your tyrannical numbers. It's common knowledge. Your Wazua handle betrays you.

As for me, I will not come to Wazua blue section and shout money has been stolen without proof of what, when and how it has been stolen. In the green section you may but not in the blue section.

If admin can move the thread to the green section, it will get the discussion it merits.

I didn't imagine this was possible but I now have an even lower opinion of you @sparkly!!! I didn't imagine it could go lower!!!

Why are you pretending to be in Utopia? The corruption you speak of is by your tribesmen who are in power. Go tell them to return our money ala!
Life is short. Live passionately.
enyands
#65 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 7:37:31 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

Why are you pretending to be in Utopia? The corruption you speak of is by your tribesmen who are in power. Go tell them to return our money ala!

Sparkly this is going too far man .
Now you are being tribalist .just look at facts ,critisizing facts and not tribes .I don't think your tribe is that white too. So let's be grown up man.infact MaichBlack is not tribalist because he is critisizing "his tribe " according to you since you know him well per se.

Stop escalating issues .makes us look like high school boys Sad
sparkly
#66 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 7:38:16 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

@Maich how can we help you if only see the loans that you and your kids will repay and not the economic prosperity and higher standards of life my kids will enjoy?

I leave you with two powerful quotes-

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing" - Oscar Wilde

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, - Theodore Roosevelt

I have a number of words that describe you but let me not use them.

What is the value of STOLEN MONEY. What value should I see in money that is borrowed, stolen and then Kenyans are left with decades of repayment bills.

Is it that you don't understand stuff or you just want to be a nuisance??? The issue is not loans. The issue is that they are stolen!!! And we will be left paying for money that ended in people's pockets!!!

@Sparkly - Read this and tell me what the value is!! This is what happens. We continue to LITERALLY pay for corruption long after the corrupt dealings!!!

The real beneficiaries are known. The Indians are just conduits. Tell us who the biggest thieves are in this country.
MaichBlack
#67 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 7:49:44 PM

enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

Now you are being tribalist .just look at facts ,critisizing facts and not tribes .I don't think your tribe is that white too. So let's be grown up man.infact MaichBlack is not tribalist because he is critisizing "his tribe " according to you since you know him well per se.

This fellow doesn't even know me. How can he purport to know my tribe?? And what does tribe have to do with anything???

The fellow is actually the one who is supporting inflated contracts while I am on the other side!!! And because he has no points or ideas, he starts talking tribes like a class two drop out.

Someone once said: "Hakuna kitu mbaya kama kukonda akili!!!"
sparkly
#68 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 8:01:55 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

This fellow doesn't even know me. How can he purport to know my tribe?? And what does tribe have to do with anything???

The fellow is actually the one who is supporting inflated contracts while I am on the other side!!! And because he has no points or ideas, he starts talking tribes like a class two drop out.

Someone once said: "Hakuna kitu mbaya kama kukonda akili!!!"

Leta matusi yote. The truth is known who the thieves are. I challenge you to expand the list beyond waikuru, whom you have already named.

akili yangu imekonda, yako imenona yaani "thick"Laughing out loudly
Swenani
#69 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 10:21:51 PM

Waaah!!!!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
FRM2011
#70 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 11:05:10 PM

@maichblack, don't bother to respond to @sparkly anymore.

It's not worth it. He is either a member of the eating cabal (highly doubt it ), or one of those delusional sycophants.

Either way, the argument can only go downhill.
enyands
#71 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 11:56:21 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

It's not worth it. He is either a member of the eating cabal (highly doubt it ), or one of those delusional sycophants.

Applause Applause
sparkly
#72 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 7:07:44 AM

FRM2011 wrote:

You can tag-team with him. I will take you both on.
MaichBlack
#73 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 8:19:09 AM

FRM2011 wrote:

Agreed. No more response to him. It is no longer adding value.
innairobi
#74 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 11:44:27 AM

ooo uganda is shifting to mogadishu port, ooo uganda is moving to lagos port etc etc

"“The good performance was mainly attributed to Uganda recording a volume increase of 117,840 tonnes or 4.6 per cent,” she said."

http://www.businessdaily...6/-/132mbox/-/index.html
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
limanika
#75 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 6:54:31 PM

del
limanika
#76 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 6:56:02 PM

[quote=innairobi]ooo uganda is shifting to mogadishu port, ooo uganda is moving to lagos port etc etc

"“The good performance was mainly attributed to Uganda recording a volume increase of 117,840 tonnes or 4.6 per cent,” she said."

http://www.businessdaily.../-/132mbox/-/index.html[/quote]

By the way, we don’t split hairs when others say they’re shifting to Durban, Khartoum, Djibouti, lagos, Durban, tanga, whatever. There are many countries doing just fine and they’re not transport hubs. ION, Ethiopia has grown its GDP by large margins within the last 15 yrs or so yet it is non mineral and not transport hub. +254 ought to support itself transport or no transport.
What we’re saying is that inflated project cost eats up resources that could be directed elsewhere…and if the returns cannot pay for the principal and the interest, this means you have to get resources from elsewhere to service the debts. This keeps our growth stunted. If I am wrong, I will be very happy indeed.
enyands
#77 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 7:11:31 PM

limanika wrote:
[quote=innairobi]ooo uganda is shifting to mogadishu port, ooo uganda is moving to lagos port etc etc

By the way, we don’t split hairs when others say they’re shifting to Durban, Khartoum, Djibouti, lagos, Durban, tanga, whatever. There are many countries doing just fine and they’re not transport hubs. ION, Ethiopia has grown its GDP by large margins within the last 15 yrs or so yet it is non mineral and not transport hub. +254 ought to support itself transport or no transport.
What we’re saying is that inflated project cost eats up resources that could be directed elsewhere…and if the returns cannot pay for the principal and the interest, this means you have to get resources from elsewhere to service the debts. This keeps our growth stunted. If I am wrong, I will be very happy indeed.

Someone mentioned the interest repayment is 251b while loan repayment is 240b. Never know a situation where interest is higher than the loan repayment.when you see this then that's a redflag
innairobi
#78 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 10:28:33 PM

limanika wrote:

not sure who 'we' is but there are different claims by different people in this thread. was responding to one of them. though i'm yet to hear any rational person in kenya saying corruption is okay or its okay to inflate costs. my own problem as i've stated before is many people make claims of cost inflation, uganda cargo moving to TZ etc, without credible supporting data. when they do provide data, they dont want it interrogated. ni matusi tu.

using ethiopia as a growth model for kenya requires caution as its coming from a lower base. also, i am not sure i want a government that dispossesses me of my land whenever it feels like with hardly any compensation all under the guise of national progress. neither do i want a kenyan worker on the sgr earning slightly more than my househelp. ethiopia is a complex story. the oromo (largest ethnic group), amhara and somalis in ethiopia would likely not agree that ethiopia is moving forward for all. its just a few months ago that hundreds of oromos died fighting what the government packaged as progress.

the problem with many kenyans is we want to eat our cake and have it. we want ethiopia's growth rate without ethiopia's growth conditions.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.