wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
High Cost of Projects Slowly Killing Kenyan Dream
enyands
#41 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:11:45 PM

Daystar* wrote:
http://www.monitor.co.ug/Business/Uganda-to-secure-Shs8-trillion-loan-for-Malaba-Kampala-SGR-route/-/688322/3271940/-/46jqm1z/-/index.html

Does this mean they are back on board with Kenya on SGR ?
MaichBlack
#42 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 12:22:37 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
^^ @Maichblack and @limanika learn from @murchr and quote sources and figures.

Shock!!! 1.04 Billion per kilometre the highest in Kenya and other countries!!!
Quote:
That the same contractor building the 28.6km Southern Bypass at Sh17 billion will spend the same amount to do the 16.5km Western Bypass — shorter by 12.1km — is hard to comprehend.

A bypass costing a BILLION PER KILOMETRE and opposition fellows are not up in arms!!! Anyone wanna hazard a guess why?

When a huge thing like this seems to fly under the radar, both sides must be on the take!!!

What did Mutahi Ngunyi call these fellows again???

I weep for my country Kenya!!!

A fellowship....
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#43 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 12:34:44 PM

In the Waiguru saga, we were talking about losing 700m and everyone was shouting about it - and RIGHTLY so!!!

For this 16.5 km bypass, the taxpayers stand to lose AT LEAST 7 Billion (Ten times more than the figure above). And everyone (Especially the opposition) silent!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
sparkly
#44 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 12:53:18 PM

Quote:
A stranger was seated next to Little Johnny on the plane when the stranger turned to the Little Johnny and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights will go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

Little Johnny, who had just opened his book, closed it slowly, and said to the stranger, "What would you like to discuss?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the stranger. "How about nuclear power?"

"OK," said Little Johnny. "That could be an interesting topic.But let me ask you a question first."

"A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat grass. The same stuff. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

"Jeez," said the stranger. "I have no idea."

"Well, then," said Little Johnny, "How is it that you feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shit?"

People who don't know shit about construction want to lecture us on what road construction costs.

MaichBlack wrote:
In the Waiguru saga, we were talking about losing 700m and everyone was shouting about it - and RIGHTLY so!!!

For this 16.5 km bypass, the taxpayers stand to lose AT LEAST 7 Billion (Ten times more than the figure above). And everyone (Especially the opposition) silent!!!

Life is short. Live passionately.
kawi254
#45 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 1:28:17 PM

I don't know much about road construction but i have measured (car odometer) the distance from Ruaka town to Gitaru (under pass of NBI-NKR road) is 15.5 Km and not the 16.5 Km or 17 Km being touted about.
FRM2011
#46 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 1:52:31 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

@maichblack I love your passion on these matters but can't help but wonder why you still believe in idealism. That you actually expect our miserable opposition to notice this baffles me. You must have a very high regard of those nincompoops. And the supporters of the regime will accuse you of being anti-development.

We are a tiny minority; those who can see through the bs that is. The majority can't notice and the rest believe they are in govt so they don't mind.

Isn't that what democracy is all about ? Majority have their way, minority have their say.
enyands
#47 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 3:00:57 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

@maichblack I love your passion on these matters but can't help but wonder why you still believe in idealism. That you actually expect our miserable opposition to notice this baffles me. You must have a very high regard of those nincompoops. And the supporters of the regime will accuse you of being anti-development.

We are a tiny minority; those who can see through the bs that is. The majority can't notice and the rest believe they are in govt so they don't mind.

Isn't that what democracy is all about ? Majority have their way, minority have their say.

Plz I got it from today's daily nation. So don't throw stones at me. Throw at nation house.

if you are one of the big fat cats walking out shown in pic above,then you are ok praising the projects, but if you are the skinny lady being roasted or twisted on a fire stick and you are here praising the big fat cats walking away or praising how fat their asses are then you need to be checked your medulla oblongata. Just saying.

Note ,not that the opposition arent any better. Some of them were those fatty cats walking aware pre 2013.they are well known
MaichBlack
#48 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 5:37:02 PM

sparkly wrote:
Quote:
A stranger was seated next to Little Johnny on the plane when the stranger turned to the Little Johnny and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights will go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

Little Johnny, who had just opened his book, closed it slowly, and said to the stranger, "What would you like to discuss?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the stranger. "How about nuclear power?"

"OK," said Little Johnny. "That could be an interesting topic.But let me ask you a question first."

"A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat grass. The same stuff. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

"Jeez," said the stranger. "I have no idea."

"Well, then," said Little Johnny, "How is it that you feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shit?"

People who don't know shit about construction want to lecture us on what road construction costs.

MaichBlack wrote:

@Sparkly - Stop vomiting on our shoes!!! The rate is highest anywhere per km. Even Engineers and some government officials are suprised by the costing!!! Is the road being built across an ocean. There is nothing special about the section - terrain, soil, number of interchanges etc.

Wewe Kula pole pole. I hope finally you get to pay back our money with interest then do a few years at Kamiti. Dreams are valid! But if you are not a beneficiary of the looting, ni kuchanganyikiwa tu, I will let you have your opinion as everyone is entitled to. Lakini kama unatuibia...!!!
MaichBlack
#49 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 5:50:14 PM

enyands wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Plz I got it from today's daily nation. So don't throw stones at me. Throw at nation house.

if you are one of the big fat cats walking out shown in pic above,then you are ok praising the projects, but if you are the skinny lady being roasted or twisted on a fire stick and you are here praising the big fat cats walking away or praising how fat their asses are then you need to be checked your medulla oblongata. Just saying.

Note ,not that the opposition arent any better. Some of them were those fatty cats walking aware pre 2013.they are well known

This is exactly what is happening @enyands!!! The opposition has some of the biggest thugs in this country. There is one fellow who was worth 4 Billion and was given a job (more like took) and in three years he was worth 24 Billion!!! I will not say he stole because I am told there are Kenyans who pray for your money and it doubles. May be he met one of those fellows.

Some fellows in the government on the other side have taken looting to another level that it makes the corrupt fellows who ruined our economy in the 80s and 90s look like boy scouts!!!

We are by ourselves!!! If we don't force change (and most of us are just relaxed) then it will be theft as usual!!!
MaichBlack
#50 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 5:59:44 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

In my imagination and dreams @FRM2011 I would want a clean And straight forward opposition so that if anyone in the government tries to steal ten bob, anamulikwa pap!!! But of course that is just wishful thinking!! Both sides are as tainted as hell!!! And the person who is supposed to mulika the Mwizi is a Mwizi himself and he would not want any light because it might mulika even things he would not want to be seen!!!

And it is true, we are in a very small minority! People who don't worship and idolize fellow human beings. Some fellows will always support what the government does or what the opposition does!! No questions, no thought. Just blind support. Very sad!!! On certain threads, once you see the user name of some fellows, you can automatically tell what the fellow will say depending on what is being discussed!!!
Othelo
#51 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 7:55:01 PM

Reading comments supporting how Government of Kenya public infrastructure projects are undertaken in cost effective manner is amusing. Even using timeframe alone, they cannot pass the test!!! Anyway see no evil, hear no evil. Good thing is we all bear the cost, some how, regardless smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
MaichBlack
#52 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 9:04:51 PM

Othelo wrote:
Reading comments supporting how Government of Kenya public infrastructure projects are undertaken in cost effective manner is amusing. Even using timeframe alone, they cannot pass the test!!! Anyway see no evil, hear no evil. Good thing is we all bear the cost, some how, regardless smile

And our kids too @Othelo given the loans the current government is taking right left and center. Hata hiyo 1 Billion per kilometre ni loan. Sema kuibiwa in the future!!! Your future taxes have already been stolen!!! Na za watoto wako pia!!!

And some fellow is justifying the theft using "net tax consumers" mambo jambo!!! What do you do if your neighbours place is being robbed?? Even someone who doesn't pay taxes (unemployed etc. - not the evaders) should be up in arms because of this thuggery. They will participate in the loan repayment one day!!
enyands
#53 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 9:28:28 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

And our kids too @Othelo given the loans the current government is taking right left and center. Hata hiyo 1 Billion per kilometre ni loan. Sema kuibiwa in the future!!! Your future taxes have already been stolen!!! Na za watoto wako pia!!!

And some fellow is justifying the theft using "net tax consumers" mambo jambo!!! What do you do if your neighbours place is being robbed?? Even someone who doesn't pay taxes (unemployed etc. - not the evaders) should be up in arms because of this thuggery. They will participate in the loan repayment one day!!

I think some kenyans especially here in wazua need to travel in first world's and see how every penny of tax payers money are accounted for.But as long as you have never traveled passed Uganda ,then everything to you is normal ,wanaiba it's normal, wanaanza hate speech it's normal.Everything is just normal to you.

One mayor somewhere was fired for not being able to account for a hotel charges he slept on, and one was almost fired for over shooting his trip by 500 dollars . Let's wind back , what about here ?

Come 2017 we align ourselves on tribal lines like wild beast ready to cross serengeti river and we forget that's the same river with the same crocodiles that ate our sisters,mothers ,father's and brothers last year.instead we assume it's normal for us to die because it's the cycle of life.its nature finding it's balance in the ecosystem.

The same crocodiles will wait for your grandchildren to cross river serengeti 10 years from now as you align yourselves on those wildbeast tribal lines.
MaichBlack
#54 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 9:50:38 PM

@enyands - You have spoken like 10 elders combined!!!

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
sparkly
#55 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 6:47:42 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

It is common knowledge that there is theft of public resources. The biggest thieves are your tribesmen and villagemates, appointed by your tribal Lord. The tribal Lord voted by you and your tyrannical numbers. It's common knowledge. Your Wazua handle betrays you.

As for me, I will not come to Wazua blue section and shout money has been stolen without proof of what, when and how it has been stolen. In the green section you may but not in the blue section.

If admin can move the thread to the green section, it will get the discussion it merits.
sparkly
#56 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 8:08:03 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Othelo wrote:

@Maich how can we help you if only see the loans that you and your kids will repay and not the economic prosperity and higher standards of life my kids will enjoy?

I leave you with two powerful quotes-

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing" - Oscar Wilde

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, - Theodore Roosevelt
innairobi
#57 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 11:25:01 AM

i dont think anyone in their right mind denies there is corruption in kenya. my problem is that a lot of people who shout corruption often have no credible supporting data about what they are talking about. they are often just repeating what they heard cyprian nyakundi saying. unamuuliza afafanue, they get all emotional and descend into matusi.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
kayhara
#58 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 12:01:02 PM

Guys guys, let's give these guy guys the benefit of doubt, their explanation about by pass are
1-Land in Kiambu is very expensive so compensation will be high.
2-Factor in the shilling depreciation Thika road was at around 76-80
by pass was at 104/- cost it in dollars and it's not that expensive.
3-I have seen the design drawings and if it's not changed then it's within
the high end of normal road costs.
4-But again seeing that there are not that many services to be moved it could be cheaper.
5-Irungu said that the project cost is fixed ie it will not change even if the shilling falls further, many projects including Thika road started at 25 billion but ended up costing 30+ billion.
To Each His Own
Lolest!
#59 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 12:45:09 PM

Fmr Surveyors of Kenya chair Ibrahim Mwathane on why infrastructure projects in Kenya are costlier and take longer http://www.nation.co.ke/...l/-/4q495fz/-/index.html
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
FRM2011
#60 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 12:50:19 PM

kayhara wrote:
Guys guys, let's give these guy guys the benefit of doubt, their explanation about by pass are
1-Land in Kiambu is very expensive so compensation will be high.
2-Factor in the shilling depreciation Thika road was at around 76-80
by pass was at 104/- cost it in dollars and it's not that expensive.
3-I have seen the design drawings and if it's not changed then it's within
the high end of normal road costs.
4-But again seeing that there are not that many services to be moved it could be cheaper.
5-Irungu said that the project cost is fixed ie it will not change even if the shilling falls further, many projects including Thika road started at 25 billion but ended up costing 30+ billion.

As already pointed out earlier in this thread, the 17bn is the amount payable to the contractor. Land compensation is not done by foreign companies.