wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Investment advice
Gynococcus
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 12:11:17 PM

Please assist with ideas on useful investment instruments.
Initial outlay 2M
Monthly 300k disposable income
Medium risk appetite
I have already bought land, built house
I am not available for something that needs oversight as I travel frequently.

Thank you in advance
Swenani
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 12:42:32 PM

Gynococcus wrote:
Initial outlay 2M
Medium risk appetite

Thank you in advance

KQ or FEP
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Othelo
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 1:23:55 PM

Swenani wrote:
Gynococcus wrote:
Initial outlay 2M
Medium risk appetite

Thank you in advance

KQ or FEP

smile Pray Pray Pray
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
MaichBlack
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:43:11 PM

Swenani wrote:
Gynococcus wrote:
Initial outlay 2M
Medium risk appetite

Thank you in advance

KQ or FEP

@Swenani - Haki be serious for once!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Ebenyo
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 11:00:38 PM

Gynococcus wrote:
Initial outlay 2M
Medium risk appetite

Thank you in advance

Welcome to wazua! we hope you will stick around for good.You say you have 2 m initial capital and then 300 k monthly disposable income.
Invest the 2 m in the treasury bond.At an average of 14% return paid semi annualy,that will give you about 280 k before tax per annum.That will translate to about 20 k per month returns only.
With the 300 k monthly disposable income,invest in shares at nairobi securities exchange.Start with some companies which are valuable.Buy kcb which is currently trades at 35 bob which is a discount.Buy safaricom,Kengen and Equity.At the end of next year you will have shares worth 3.6 m with dividends of about 100 k.Do this for ten years and afterwards retire and let your money works for you.You will leave comfortably on dividends and interest from t bond.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mawinder
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 2:09:13 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Gynococcus wrote:
Initial outlay 2M
Medium risk appetite

Thank you in advance

Welcome to wazua! we hope you will stick around for good.You say you have 2 m initial capital and then 300 k monthly disposable income.
Invest the 2 m in the treasury bond.At an average of 14% return paid semi annualy,that will give you about 280 k before tax per annum.That will translate to about 20 k per month returns only.
With the 300 k monthly disposable income,invest in shares at nairobi securities exchange.Start with some companies which are valuable.Buy kcb which is currently trades at 35 bob which is a discount.Buy safaricom,Kengen and Equity.At the end of next year you will have shares worth 3.6 m with dividends of about 100 k.Do this for ten years and afterwards retire and let your money works for you.You will leave comfortably on dividends and interest from t bond.

Very misleading on tbill rates. Right now the rates are at around 7-8%.
Ebenyo
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 6:54:18 AM

mawinder wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Gynococcus wrote:
Initial outlay 2M
Medium risk appetite

Thank you in advance

Very misleading on tbill rates. Right now the rates are at around 7-8%.

@mawinder,ofcourse i understand the rate flactuates depending with the market.I gave the highest for encouragement purpose.Are u a scaremonger? Infact i said t bond not t bill.He wont be disapointed with a 30 yr t bond.T bills pay less because its short term.Check the current 30 year t bond and report back immediately.
tmakto
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 2:42:32 PM

Gynococcus wrote:
Initial outlay 2M
Medium risk appetite

Thank you in advance

Hi,

I totally understand your situation since I can relate to it.

The previous suggestions are good and can be rewarding, but are they right for you?

I have a more robust set of suggestions, but in order to be more helpful to you I would require to know a little more on

(a) your capital growth targets (key determinant in the paths you choose)

(b) your investment vehicle (personal, incorporated etc)

(c) your time line (are you in for short/long term)

Planning and researching are key ingredients of course but action beats inaction hands down.
Gynococcus
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 8:29:43 PM

tmakto,
a) please explain like to a 2 year old
b) Personal
c) I am thinking of 3-5 years initially
tmakto
#10 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 2:15:19 AM

Okay, under (a) what's meant is: "approx how much capital do you realistically wish to have at the end of your investment effort?" is it x1.5, twice or thrice your current capital...

As a rule a higher return target means putting up with higher risk (vise versa). Nothing is cast on stone really but this helps big time in focusing, deciding and reviewing

Gynococcus
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:01:45 AM

Thanks tmakto. Realistically I'm thinking 1.5 to 2.
Gynococcus
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:43:55 AM

I have been advised on Cytonn CMS. They are offering 18% returns which seems a bit high. Pyramid scheme much?
Ebenyo
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:39:07 PM

Gynococcus wrote:
I have been advised on Cytonn CMS. They are offering 18% returns which seems a bit high. Pyramid scheme much?

There is a thread here in Wazua about cytonn.Its been discussed fully.Check it.
Growing wealth is a long term process.It doesnt happen overnight.Investment is only a part of growing it as you can see my signature.You need to approach investment with a long term view.In my first contribution to your query,i told you to consider two investments options i.e 1.Shares 2.Treasury bond.
My reasons for those reccomendations were as follows:
1.Shares are profitable in the long run and they beat inflation rate hence giving you value for your money.
2.Holding a profitable company shares is a realistic gain in investment.You will get 4% dividend yield from the business performance that year.Where do cyton get the 18% they are promising you?
3.Treasury bond will give you interest of between 7- 14 percent depending on the market.Thats money from the govt set aside for borrowing which as you know are our taxes.Where do cytonn get theirs?
4.True wealth is when your money are working for you and you are doing nothing but picking only gains.Shares and T.bond provide that.Anything else that keeps you working for money is not an investment instrument.You will never attain financial independence.
There are many other reasons.Though i dont claim to be an expert.I dont claim that im wealthy either.Im still in the learning process and will always learn as i strive to be the wealthiest in the world.
So,take your time and learn slowly.Pick one investment vehicle and start from their.
tmakto
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 2:54:54 PM

Gynococcus wrote:

You're welcome  G.

We're getting some perspective now.

Quick bracket :Ebenyo is right, you should know that Cyton CMS is hyped and very opaque. Saw their presentation awhile back and they're downplaying the poor liquidity of their offer plus it's not clear at all what exactly they'll invest in. Beware.

Instead we now know that your case  requires
(1) little involvement, things to be clear up front because no time to play Sherlock Holmes ,
(2)moderate safety & high liquidity because you don't want storo when you ask for your cash back ,
yet (3)enough muscle to nearly double your capital in 5years.

That's why I suggest the following simple thing:

Start by placing your capital at a trusted and regulated firm where you can get 12 to 14% pa return that you can then compound (emphasis on compound) for 5yrs. That will get you near your goals.

Remember the path to such goals is plagued with derailments usually disguised as "better quicker returns". You'll need to stay the course as you build your confidence.

Send me your email/whatsapp I forward you details.
Gynococcus
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2016 10:09:49 PM

Ahsante tena.
gyno2009@hotmail.it
Ebenyo
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2016 10:12:27 AM

tmakto wrote:
Gynococcus wrote:

You're welcome  G.

We're getting some perspective now.

Quick bracket :Ebenyo is right, you should know that Cyton CMS is hyped and very opaque. Saw their presentation awhile back and they're downplaying the poor liquidity of their offer plus it's not clear at all what exactly they'll invest in. Beware.

Instead we now know that your case  requires
(1) little involvement, things to be clear up front because no time to play Sherlock Holmes ,
(2)moderate safety & high liquidity because you don't want storo when you ask for your cash back ,
yet (3)enough muscle to nearly double your capital in 5years.

That's why I suggest the following simple thing:

Start by placing your capital at a trusted and regulated firm where you can get 12 to 14% pa return that you can then compound (emphasis on compound) for 5yrs. That will get you near your goals.

Remember the path to such goals is plagued with derailments usually disguised as "better quicker returns". You'll need to stay the course as you build your confidence.

Send me your email/whatsapp I forward you details.

@tmakto,i thought the spirit of wazua was to "share" what we know.
Jon Jones
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2016 11:49:13 AM

Buy Housing Finance at below 19 with one million and a plot with the other million. Sit back and wait for annual dividends. In 4 years, you will have exceeded your targets.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
Swenani
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2016 11:41:59 AM

20 years bonds by CBK on offer with a return of 13.75%.
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
sveta
#19 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 12:13:43 PM

If you are looking where to invest or if you are an entrepreneur and you are looking for an investor go to konstruktor.com
This is a new project created by a Russian millionaire Vlad Krishtop. Konstruktor aims to help to bring together young entrepreneurs and investors. It is a global project so you can apply no matter where you are.
Othelo
#20 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 12:18:31 PM

sveta wrote:
If you are looking where to invest or if you are an entrepreneur and you are looking for an investor go to konstruktor.com
This is a new project created by a Russian millionaire Vlad Krishtop. Konstruktor aims to help to bring together young entrepreneurs and investors. It is a global project so you can apply no matter where you are.

This is wazua smile smile smile smile smile smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.