wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages<1234>»
Edermann property
Jon Jones
#21 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 2:17:24 PM

Lately, there is and will continue to be a real estate boom. However, there is a huge shift from buying bare land to buying apartments. As such, I dont foresee the cost of land appreciating at the same rate it used to appreciate before as the middle class avoid buying land and pursue apartments with that money. Developers will continue making a kill in the next few years as land brokers see a decline in the number of land transactions. Any young couple nowadays (most) would opt for an apartment than the bare land in the middle of nowhere. Simply put, it is a bad point in time to speculate on bare land and times have changed.
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
Chaka
#22 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 2:21:01 PM

They will build up to what floor?
Ryko
#23 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 2:46:59 PM

Chaka floor ni tano. Except school and suprmarket. Funny enough the floor plans are of different sizes i.e 3 bedroom but zimewachana na 1 or 2 sq meters. Watch out the floor plans as you choose. Check there website to download detailed plan.

Chaka wrote:
They will build up to what floor?

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Ericsson
#24 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 4:24:18 PM

If Erdeman was wise he could have built town houses/villas
Hizo zingeenda pap.Right now there is a glut for flats.
Greatwall phase one are now going for ksh.4m yet the first owners bought them for ksh.3mn in 2009 and early 2010.
Yaani wait for seven years to get a return of 33%.
Better investments are else where than buying erdeman property
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
josimar
#25 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 4:40:09 PM

Quote:
Lately, there is and will continue to be a real estate boom. However, there is a huge shift from buying bare land to buying apartments. As such, I dont foresee the cost of land appreciating at the same rate it used to appreciate before as the middle class avoid buying land and pursue apartments with that money. Developers will continue making a kill in the next few years as land brokers see a decline in the number of land transactions. Any young couple nowadays (most) would opt for an apartment than the bare land in the middle of nowhere. Simply put, it is a bad point in time to speculate on bare land and times have changed.

Boss , I would rather purchase a 1 million 1/8th plot in kitengela and put up a 3 bedroom standard finishing bungalow for 2 million than put up in an apartment.
instinct
#26 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 6:38:59 PM

Has anyone looked at the downside of this?

1.Why have they slashed prices from 6m and 7m to 3m and 3.5m suddenly. They say when the deal is too good think twice.
2. They seem to be having problems with their Kisumu project. I.e. LBDA is not paying them and coopbank is demanding their money. 2.5b and 500m interest so far. Could they be having cashflow issues and they're using this to raise funds for other uses?
3. Do they allocate you a unit in phase 1 or in ph2 or 3? the wait could be long
4. Since they insist on 100%payment upfront payment, what fall back do you have if they delay in delivering your unit
Chaka
#27 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:33:32 PM

Ericsson wrote:
If Erdeman was wise he could have built town houses/villas
Hizo zingeenda pap.Right now there is a glut for flats.
Greatwall phase one are now going for ksh.4m yet the first owners bought them for ksh.3mn in 2009 and early 2010.
Yaani wait for seven years to get a return of 33%.
Better investments are else where than buying erdeman property

For e,g?
bazuka
#28 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:33:58 PM

instinct wrote:
Has anyone looked at the downside of this?

1.Why have they slashed prices from 6m and 7m to 3m and 3.5m suddenly. They say when the deal is too good think twice.
2. They seem to be having problems with their Kisumu project. I.e. LBDA is not paying them and coopbank is demanding their money. 2.5b and 500m interest so far. Could they be having cashflow issues and they're using this to raise funds for other uses?
3. Do they allocate you a unit in phase 1 or in ph2 or 3? the wait could be long
4. Since they insist on 100%payment upfront payment, what fall back do you have if they delay in delivering your unit

I remember a few years ago Greatwall Phase 1 also had some crazy discounts for cash buyers so personally I'm not too surprised by the discounted offer price. I was skeptical back then but seems the project completed successfully. However, the with the LBDA problems caution would be wise given the timing of the discount. The sales guy told me 1st floor units are over after middle class swarmed the site last week though it could be the normal sales guys lines. The point mentioned above about the alcohol factory is something to note. Having lived in the same area I can confirm some nights especially after rains there was a bad smell in the area. I suspect someone was dumping something(there is a river in the area near Mavuno).
Chaka
#29 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:40:07 PM

bazuka wrote:
I own a unit in an estate very close to the same development (touching Mombasa road). Lived there for a while and it was generally ok but found the commute to CBD and back too hectic so I have rented it out and moved closer. The area is however good if you work in the vicinity.

How many b/r is the unit and what's the rent like?
Pesa Nane
#30 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 10:06:48 PM

Chaka wrote:
@Pesa Nane, was that picture taken yesterday?

Correct.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
premio
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:18:35 AM

Let the doomsayers and naysayers loose this chance Erderman plans to put up 1000 houses in this site they have done it before for greatwall phase 2 and 3. Its simple rather than take an expensive bank loan why not give an offer for cost to cost and offload 100 unit out of 1000 and make 300m enough capital to push the project to levels and then revert to 7m for the 900units i wish i had the cash remember its 3.5m cash no mortgage no buts i trust them 100%. Cash is king. if u have 10.5m thats a guaranteed 90000pm from 3 flats. those singing plots plots i have seen plots in kitengela for sale over 3 years na haziendi pple want gated community devt
Jon Jones
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:01:59 AM

Do developers and property managers still charge exorbitant prices for service charges on your own property or has the vice reduced? How do apartment buyers counter this?
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
The Great
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:35:21 AM

Jon Jones wrote:

Any scholarly report being quoted here?
Apartments only attract those who have to be near town and who are being financed by employers who insist on built houses rather than property development eg banks. Otherwise Id rather rent an apartment I cant afford to buy outright and buy 20acres in olepolos
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:46:41 AM

premio wrote:
Let the doomsayers and naysayers loose this chance Erderman plans to put up 1000 houses in this site they have done it before for greatwall phase 2 and 3. Its simple rather than take an expensive bank loan why not give an offer for cost to cost and offload 100 unit out of 1000 and make 300m enough capital to push the project to levels and then revert to 7m for the 900units i wish i had the cash remember its 3.5m cash no mortgage no buts i trust them 100%. Cash is king. if u have 10.5m thats a guaranteed 90000pm from 3 flats. those singing plots plots i have seen plots in kitengela for sale over 3 years na haziendi pple want gated community devt

@Premio, why not use this to buy a 40*80 commercial plot for 1.5M-2M in Eastern bypass areas of Nairobi or those kitengela plots you've talked about and use the rest for construction of apartments?That way, you will be adding value to your plot!
Remember, when you are young(<50), the goal should be capital appreciation and not high rental yeilds.
I know of people who took out mortgages in 2011 for apartments worth 14.5M in Kilimani and 5 years down the line, they are putting them up for sale at the same priceSad

http://www.businessdaily.../-/152iagiz/-/index.html
@SufficientlyP
Chaka
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:54:30 PM

I was at the site this morning.My observations:
When completed there will be two access roads.The shorter one is quite bad at the moment.
I measured the 'DSQ' for the 2 BR unit to be about
6 x 5 foot 7 inches(we joked that one will have to get a customized bed measured out and then mounted inside the room}the 3 BR DSQ was not much bigger..
There are no balconies which I didn't like (though there was to be one in the sitting room side initially)There is a common laundry area on the ground floor for all occupants which also looked small(Is that where you would hang your inner clothes to dry?)
The open plan kitchen looked small to me i.e after putting in a medium fridge and cooker
The building will be six floors i,e ground floor plus 5 floors above it.
Some guys I was with were worried that the ground floor may get flooded but this was ruled out by the project planner who said storm water drainage had been taken care of.
The car park will be outside,ie not in the quadrangle inside and all occupants will have one car park(the visitors parking was not well explained.
On the way out,I wonder how one would manoeuvre to join Mombasa rd towards town if the highway is busy..
So,if any of you guys had the 3,5 M,what would you consider a better investment(buy some land and built one bed room units for rental,i,e for one wishing to buy for rental, rather that live there?
bazuka
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:40:30 PM

Chaka wrote:
bazuka wrote:
I own a unit in an estate very close to the same development (touching Mombasa road). Lived there for a while and it was generally ok but found the commute to CBD and back too hectic so I have rented it out and moved closer. The area is however good if you work in the vicinity.

2bedroom at Everest. Rent is 26k though it ranges between 24k and 26k for others.
Chaka
#37 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 8:51:02 AM

bazuka wrote:
Chaka wrote:
bazuka wrote:

2bedroom at Everest. Rent is 26k though it ranges between 24k and 26k for others.

Ok,how much was the unit when you bought?
SpecialAgent
#38 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 7:33:49 PM

Yeah, i saw the advert but with my knowledge on developments, its way expensive. Do we have any developers or professionals in the construction industry in this forum? If yes, lets talk i have a good deal for you.
wago
#39 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 1:40:07 PM

Heard the show house is ready. Does anyone have pictures of the showhouse? Thanks
wanyee
#40 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 8:07:31 PM

Chaka wrote:
I was at the site this morning.My observations:
When completed there will be two access roads.The shorter one is quite bad at the moment.
I measured the 'DSQ' for the 2 BR unit to be about
6 x 5 foot 7 inches(we joked that one will have to get a customized bed measured out and then mounted inside the room}the 3 BR DSQ was not much bigger..
There are no balconies which I didn't like (though there was to be one in the sitting room side initially)There is a common laundry area on the ground floor for all occupants which also looked small(Is that where you would hang your inner clothes to dry?)
The open plan kitchen looked small to me i.e after putting in a medium fridge and cooker
The building will be six floors i,e ground floor plus 5 floors above it.
Some guys I was with were worried that the ground floor may get flooded but this was ruled out by the project planner who said storm water drainage had been taken care of.
The car park will be outside,ie not in the quadrangle inside and all occupants will have one car park(the visitors parking was not well explained.
On the way out,I wonder how one would manoeuvre to join Mombasa rd towards town if the highway is busy..
So,if any of you guys had the 3,5 M,what would you consider a better investment(buy some land and built one bed room units for rental,i,e for one wishing to buy for rental, rather that live there?

Joining Mombasa road via cabro paved road they are finishing and on to the tunnell in the Namanga road junction..quite easy ...Hill city can be a specualtive score based on the plans i gather of a mini Upper Hill up.coming