Nairobi Business Ventures Ltd Listing
enyands
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:58:08 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
where is their latest financial statement?

e
summary

operating costs are increasing yoy.
whats their core business?

Selling shoes

Really? then they wont beat second hand shoes traders.Their business lacks a competitive edge.

We have shoes trickling in from China . I don't know what end people are these people targeting . If there was a regulation about mtumba then it will make sense .but we see containers and containers of shoes from China. It will be an uphill sell for them
Ericsson
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:07:50 PM

GEMs market is being abused.Either it should be abolished or CMA ammend it's laws so that we have serious companies being listed there.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
alotoftalk
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:28:57 PM

Ericsson wrote:
GEMs market is being abused.Either it should be abolished or CMA amend it's laws so that we have serious companies being listed there.

GEMS is a good platform for small companies similar to NASDAQ small cap. In my opinion what lacks is a strong compliance from the CMA. CMA needs to step its game on stuff like of the quality of reporting, disclosure of conflicts of interests/risks and even limiting certain investors from making investments in the GEMS. GEMS should be treated more as an OTC for sophisticated investors.
Investment philosophy development in progress...
VituVingiSana
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 9:25:14 AM

murchr wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Siwesinvest.

Laughing out loudly You have no love of shoes?
I do not trust the numbers. I do not know anything about the management but I will stay out.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mkate_nusu
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:36:13 PM

alotoftalk wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
GEMs market is being abused.Either it should be abolished or CMA amend it's laws so that we have serious companies being listed there.

GEMS is a good platform for small companies similar to NASDAQ small cap. In my opinion what lacks is a strong compliance from the CMA. CMA needs to step its game on stuff like of the quality of reporting, disclosure of conflicts of interests/risks and even limiting certain investors from making investments in the GEMS. GEMS should be treated more as an OTC for sophisticated investors.

Invest at your own risk
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
sparkly
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:09:42 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
alotoftalk wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Invest at your own risk

Gems is only for very sophisticated investors who appreciate all the risks.
Portfolio investors better keep to the Big Caps
Life is short. Live passionately.
moneydust
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:40:09 PM

tmatekwa wrote:
with a trailing PE of 20 before dilution....who wants to be on this matatu?

Hii hata matatu haiwesmakeShame on you Shame on you Shame on you labda ni mkokoteni imetoka wakulima market fully loaded with bags of potatoes being pushed up a steep hill by a dishevelled serial changaa imbiber.This is a danger to everyone on its path.
Watch out!!!!
Msa Liti
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:35:14 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

summary

My deductions from this:

Guys are making a kill in SME. These guys do not have more than 10 shops in NBO but made sales ~ 100m. Employment is shit.

It is expensive to do biz in Kenya. I guess the main item is rent with the notorious goodwill charged probably at play. Financing costs come later years and are high as well
The Great
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 8:36:22 AM

When you read company reports, keep in mind the publisher/company's interest in writing it. What is he trying to achieve? Truth is always relative in marketing
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
mwanafunzi
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:50:55 AM

Msa Liti wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

summary

My deductions from this:

Guys are making a kill in SME. These guys do not have more than 10 shops in NBO but made sales ~ 100m. Employment is shit.

It is expensive to do biz in Kenya. I guess the main item is rent with the notorious goodwill charged probably at play. Financing costs come later years and are high as well

Why have a private placement just before listing. That Audit firm (Swaly and Co), anyone heard of it. truly GEMs' not for the faint hearted.
VituVingiSana
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:12:15 AM

mwanafunzi wrote:
Msa Liti wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

summary

My deductions from this:

Why have a private placement just before listing. That Audit firm (Swaly and Co), anyone heard of it. truly GEMs' not for the faint hearted.
Cost. It's cheaper to have a PP [large buyers] then go public [list] than have a IPO and having to print 1,000s of copies of the IM. Plus the fees to the advisers/brokers.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Realtreaty
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:49:41 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Quote:
List of Directors:
(All directors are of Kenyan nationality)

Name Position Address Age
Alfred Nzomo Kithusi; Non- Executive Chairman, P O Box 407 - 00100 Nairobi. 56 years

Srungarapu Rajasekhar; Executive Director, P O Box 18638 – 00500 Nairobi. 44 years

Abotula Venkata Satyanarayana Vasu; Executive Director, P O Box 18638 – 00500 Nairobi. 50 years

Simon Saili Malonza; Non-Executive Director, P O Box 37416 – 00500 Nairobi. 42 years

Jayesh Himatlal Nagrecha, Non-Executive Director P O Box 18638 – 00500 Nairobi. 47 years

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
This is a game between Muhindi and Mkamba. The playful business of pata potea!!!!!
hisah
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:28:07 PM

Listed today in a quiet affair. http://live.mystocks.co.ke/stock=nbv

Traded 1,000 shares at KES 8, which is a 60% hike from listing price of KES 5.00.

GEMS market living up to its crappy reputation.

I don't care what tactics PPT use to try and hype the market. As long as capital is flying into USD, they have an uphill task trying fight the bears!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
VituVingiSana
#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:43:21 PM

hisah wrote:

Traded 1,000 shares at KES 8, which is a 60% hike from listing price of KES 5.00.

I don't care what tactics PPT use to try and hype the market. As long as capital is flying into USD, they have an uphill task trying fight the bears!

Crappy firm, nothing to do with the USD
Ebenyo
#35 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:59:33 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:

Crappy firm, nothing to do with the USD

Lets wait for their financial results in one year time and see the reality.Someone remind me pliz when that time comes! but i guess the way things are going in nse,very soon even mama mboga will list her business here.If a shoe shiner has done it,even that man selling clothes at gikomba will list in nse and we will trade their shares.Today 1000 shares of a shoe business has been traded.Mama mboga will trade more than 5000 shares a day.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#36 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 9:22:28 PM

85m in revenue and trade price of KES 8 while KQ has annual revenue of over 110b and we say it's worth KES 4.20 per share

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
enyands
#37 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 9:45:49 PM

obiero wrote:
85m in revenue and trade price of KES 8 while KQ has annual revenue of over 110b and we say it's worth KES 4.20 per share

Well I'm not financial guru bit I think one is service based and the other is goods based. With goods it's there you can see it and rectify a problem .it's physical stock but hiyo ingine is hard to comprehend. Stand corrected though
whiteowl
#38 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2016 11:14:11 PM

obiero wrote:

Your analogy is misleading. There are other metrics to be considered like NAV and EPS when pricing a share. Going by your analogy very few shares would be priced higher than KQ . And I'm not saying this share is trading at fair value, I actually don't know how much it's worth. At least for KQ i know it's worth sub zero.
obiero
#39 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 5:36:12 AM

whiteowl wrote:
obiero wrote:

Your analogy is misleading. There are other metrics to be considered like NAV and EPS when pricing a share. Going by your analogy very few shares would be priced higher than KQ . And I'm not saying this share is trading at fair value, I actually don't know how much it's worth. At least for KQ i know it's worth sub zero.

ofcourse I had to be economical with fact. but it's true that only Safaricom as the other listed firm at NSE that has higher annual turnover than KQ .. EABL a distant third circa 75B. anyhow, how exactly did you arrive at sub zero valuation.. this is interesting

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#40 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 5:49:06 AM

obiero wrote:

Dear Wazuans, don't be fooled by some folks who are out to con you using certain metrics. And if you challenge such folks, be prepared to be insulted. Sincerely, VVS