wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Short term investment
Sunshade
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:48:17 AM

Hallo Wazuans,

Am a newbie in this side i have been reading the content's and i must its very informative.
I have 50k to spare and thinking to invest it on shares but other investments are welcome,

What i tend to do is buy shares on short term basis say like a week or two weeks and sell

What counters do i need to buy?

Othelo
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:49:11 AM

Sunshade wrote:
Hallo Wazuans,

Am a newbie in this side i have been reading the content's and i must its very informative.
I have 50k to spare and thinking to invest it on shares but other investments are welcome,

What i tend to do is buy shares on short term basis say like a week or two weeks and send

Karibu wazua ........... send where after just 2 weeks?
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
aemathenge
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:43:57 AM

Sunshade. Really.

You are an employee in a certain firm where you are responsible for a Kshs. 50,000.00 cash float for two week periods.

You decide you wish to misappropriate this cash float and “invest” it in the Nairobi Securities Exchange.

You intend to buy a set of shares and sell them after every two weeks.

You intend to return the float for accounting after which you go back to the Exchange. And infinitum.

As such, you are here in the Virtual Republic of Wazua hopping that Citizens will, in their infinite stupidity, enlighten you about when precisely certain counters will rise in value and fall.

Or you hope Citizens will inform you when a certain counter will rise and when it will fall enabling you make a Kshs. 50,000.00 stolen cash float fuelled killing.

Welcome to the Virtual Republic of Wazua Sunshade. It is idiots like you who make enlightened investors rich. The Nairobi Securities Exchange would be such a dour place without fools like you.

I pity the firm you work for. But then again, what the hell. Live and learn.

Please tell me I am wrong. Please.
Swenani
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:45:27 AM

aemathenge wrote:
Sunshade. Really.

You are an employee in a certain firm where you are responsible for a Kshs. 50,000.00 cash float for two week periods.

You decide you wish to misappropriate this cash float and “invest” it in the Nairobi Securities Exchange.

You intend to buy a set of shares and sell them after every two weeks.

You intend to return the float for accounting after which you go back to the Exchange. And infinitum.

As such, you are here in the Virtual Republic of Wazua hopping that Citizens will, in their infinite stupidity, enlighten you about when precisely certain counters will rise in value and fall.

Or you hope Citizens will inform you when a certain counter will rise and when it will fall enabling you make a Kshs. 50,000.00 stolen cash float fuelled killing.

Welcome to the Virtual Republic of Wazua Sunshade. It is idiots like you who make enlightened investors rich. The Nairobi Securities Exchange would be such a dour place without fools like you.

I pity the firm you work for. But then again, what the hell. Live and learn.

Please tell me I am wrong. Please.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:58:12 AM

Othelo wrote:
Sunshade wrote:
Hallo Wazuans,

What i tend to do is buy shares on short term basis say like a week or two weeks and send

Karibu wazua ........... send where after just 2 weeks?

Send to cytonn
Sunshade
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:44:40 PM

Wow i didn't expect such ignorance and name calling on this republic of wazua.

Ignorant that the 50k is assumed STOLEN, sorry to to bust your bubble it earned every cent.

What a lovely welcome!Applause

Am not in charge of finance's in the firm i asked a honest question.

I just happened to have 50k extra lying in the account and thought how can i use it to make another thousand or two.
aemathenge
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:39:49 PM

Oh dear. What are we going to do with you, Sweetheart?

I an no grammar Nazi but when you fail to respect Citizens by re-reading your posts and making appropriate corrections before posting, then we (I) have no choice but to treat you with disrespect.

It is so bad that you refer to yourself as "it". That scares me.

I am in a good mood, so I will give you some advice.

Stick to what you did to make that Kshs. 50,000.00 in the first place.

I assume you did not have to take your clothes off, exchange certain bodily fluids with someone else or peddle pharmacies to make it.

Please do not be a stranger. Your naïveté is so endearing. We (I) could do with a modicum of that once in a while around here.

Sunshade wrote:
Wow i didn't expect such ignorance and name calling on this republic of wazua.

Ignorant that the 50k is assumed STOLEN, sorry to to bust your bubble it earned every cent.

What a lovely welcome!Applause

Am not in charge of finance's in the firm i asked a honest question.

I just happened to have 50k extra lying in the account and thought how can i use it to make another thousand or two.
Sunshade
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:50:56 PM

I earn a salary,and i did not do any of the things you mentioned.Laughing out loudly
tnai9
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:57:59 PM

Sunshade wrote:
I earn a salary,and i did not do any of the things you mentioned.Laughing out loudly

50K extra per month or 50k savings? Wazuans are used to investments where capital is in the range of six-eight figures smile
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
Swenani
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:58:11 PM

Sunshade wrote:

Sunshade are you a she or a he? Depending on the answer, I might be able to give constructive advicesmile smile smile smile

But it's unrealistic for you to expect to make money in one to two weeks unless of course you want to join us here
Othelo
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:25:21 PM

tnai9 wrote:
Sunshade wrote:

50K extra per month or 50k savings? Wazuans are used to investments where capital is in the range of six-eight figures smile

Haba na haba hijaza kibaba ............ pole pole ndiye mwendo. Let us help this new member of Wazua. Muwache unafik!!!!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
aemathenge
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:35:54 PM

All right Sweetheart. What do we know so far?

You are a xoxo generation Lady aged between 23 and 25 years of age, living and working in Nairoberry.

You work for a firm dealing with a fast moving good and you are in the Human Resource Department.

You are in charge of paying daily or weekly wages to the non-permanent members of staff.

Someone in the Finance department, in their infinite wisdom, has entrusted you with a float to make wage payments from.

This float has accumulated to Kshs. 50,000.00, which you have placed in your personal bank account, accessible via your smartphone.

You have to account to Finance every two weeks. This gives you the total amount of money to play around with in between accounting sessions.

You are seeking avenues of safely investing this cash float with your salary as some form of insurance. This is in case the investment does not pan out.

So, Honey, how am I doing?
Sunshade
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:56:30 PM

Wrong, wrong, wrong once more, how Sad

Assumption once again, that i work in any of the mentioned department or the city. Sickquot;

Actually i have more than Ksh,50,000 but playing it safe not to put all egg's in one basket.I have invested in property,unit trust,share's but this long term.

still not getting my question answered.mmmmhh
What a welcome smile
aemathenge
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:29:03 PM

You have a Title Deed to a piece of land.

You have invested in a Unit Trust.

You have shares for companies listed on the NSE.

You seem to understand what long term is all about.

You are no slouch in that you know your prospective investment, powered by advice from Citizens, must have a Kshs. 50,000.00 upper limit.

My sincere and heartfelt apologies Ma'am. You are no idiot. You are no fool.

I lay down the Green Carpet of the Virtual Republic of Wazua in welcome.

I can only pray that the mavens here will oblige and grant you what you seek.

Again, my sincere apologies, Ma'am.
Sunshade
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:59:07 PM

There is a lot of assumption here.

My gender is not in question.

Male or female we live in a very sexist society,

How sad.

Problem of being miss independent and humble. smile

Now you may continue to throw stone's,name calling to make yourselves feel better.

Thank's for the welcome.smile smile smile
Ebenyo
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:23:28 PM

invest the money in the treasury bond.open a cds with central bank and you will be getting interest after every six months.i hope this is helpful.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Swenani
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:39:25 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
invest the money in the treasury bond.open a cds with central bank and you will be getting interest after every six months.i hope this is helpful.

S/he said 1-2 weeks not 6months
Sunshade
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 10:37:42 PM

I have a CDS account with Central bank.

My banker tell's me it's doable Buy on Monday and sell on Friday after capital gain's. kinder want to risk that amount.
UpcomingPaperChaser
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:32:51 AM

Hey hey Wazuans, please welcome the "new airport" in the house by not scaring her. Let her feel comfortable away from home.

Baby girl, first congratulations for being a member at Wazua. Number 2, if you read through all the wazua threads, you will find very useful information that touches all spheres of life.

Most people here talk about millions, I really do not know if they are worth that much, or they just exaggerate, so with 50k they get a bit clueless because they are used to million shillings ideas!!

Truth be told, with 50k you can expect very little returns within that short duration. If you were in the village, i would tell you to spend 50k on beans cultivation and you would harvest produce worth 150k within 3 months if you find good agricultural areas.

Of all these "advisors" i think i am the only one who has welcomed you well.........you could drop me a mail so that we chat our way forward on how to prepare airport landings!!
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
Sunshade
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:45:18 AM

WOW finally, someone civilized, no name calling,no assumptions made where the Ksh 50.000.00 came from.

Someone with manner's and know's how to welcome strangers regardless of gender.

And answered my question.Asante sana upcomingpaperchaser.