Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

You only need good systems. The biz is growing. I have not one, two or three units, all do more than 60k a month.

Can you elaborate on the system of checks and balances that you use? tw.peas[at]gmail.com or here for all. 60K is net ama gross?

Can't the driver occasionally switch off Uber to do his own stuff??

They do!

Also, as one of them pointed out, you can also collude with clients to cancel trips. Then driver pockets trip amount

why woul I cancel a trip?There is cancellation trip fee charged on your next trip as a customer

I would cancel if I get the ride, and the cost is significantly lower than the cancellation fee and the price the driver charges.

Cancellation doesn't make financial sense to the client!!!

I think it does, depending on distance!

I think we all agree there are distances that make sense to be undertaken by cab and those that other modes of transport would do.

By the way how much do drivers make a month if the owner makes over 60k? Commission of fixed?
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
iKenya
#62 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:07:18 AM

doubletap wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

You only need good systems. The biz is growing. I have not one, two or three units, all do more than 60k a month.

Can you elaborate on the system of checks and balances that you use? tw.peas[at]gmail.com or here for all. 60K is net ama gross?

They do!

Also, as one of them pointed out, you can also collude with clients to cancel trips. Then driver pockets trip amount

why woul I cancel a trip?There is cancellation trip fee charged on your next trip as a customer

I would cancel if I get the ride, and the cost is significantly lower than the cancellation fee and the price the driver charges.

I think we all agree there are distances that make sense to be undertaken by cab and those that other modes of transport would do.

By the way how much do drivers make a month if the owner makes over 60k? Commission of fixed?

It should be commission based to further motivate the drivers, normally they will take home about 40K or more...THe main issue is the operational expenses, fuel, wear and tear etc. If you can minimise those (Newer car?) and get two drivers so that your can is basically on the raod 24hrs, you could be on the 70-100K net for the car owner in a good month.
Quote:
Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own...
bird_man
#63 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:32:28 PM

iKenya wrote:
doubletap wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

They do!

It should be commission based to further motivate the drivers, normally they will take home about 40K or more...THe main issue is the operational expenses, fuel, wear and tear etc. If you can minimise those (Newer car?) and get two drivers so that your can is basically on the raod 24hrs, you could be on the 70-100K net for the car owner in a good month.

So owner 80k a month
Driver 40k a month
Uber 20% of revenue
Fuel and maintenance(24hr car)
How many trips would you be making per day?And at what average price?I prefer working backwards.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Lolest!
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:41:01 PM

Gathige wrote:
streetwise wrote:
You are right, the yellow cabs are just that YELLOW.

Wonder why any one would use them ?

I think the yellow cabs are the SI Unit for wrong price.

Their cost per km is higher than Uber's! If the yellow cab guy drops you at your destination, he has to move back to his base station without a passenger. This dead mileage has to be factored in. The Uber guy on the other hand gets a return trip

The yellow cab guy might have to deal with very loyal customers and those concerned with security at their homes

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Ryko
#65 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 2:16:08 PM

You can not really blame the yellow guys. Uber has standards. I hear they only accept KC******, they only accept from 2008/ i guess 8 year old cars. Hawakkubali vitz na mademio anyything under 1500 cc

If you have an old car na hukubaliki uber or the other kina mondo, what do you do? Weka yellow ama hire. Old is NOT gold when it comes to uber
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
kangi
#66 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2016 1:43:37 PM

doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

The key person here is the driver. I give instructions that they deposit 2500 everyday by 10am. The vehicles are fitted with tracking gadgets and any trip outside Nbi has to be with my permission. Issues za bundle, fuel and commissions are on their side.By this they have motivation to work for themselves after meeting my target.

I have been checking and the guys mostly take home on average more than 2k per day after expenses and they remain focused.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
heri
#67 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2016 8:48:58 AM

kangi wrote:
doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

The key person here is the driver. I give instructions that they deposit 2500 everyday by 10am. The vehicles are fitted with tracking gadgets and any trip outside Nbi has to be with my permission. Issues za bundle, fuel and commissions are on their side.By this they have motivation to work for themselves after meeting my target.

I have been checking and the guys mostly take home on average more than 2k per day after expenses and they remain focused.

@Kangi. Thanks for sharing

I was told that Uber is not taking any new vehicles just when i had got myself a vehicle

Do you have any experience with little ride?

I tried using it last week as a customer and the app was malfunctioning sometimes
smartbull
#68 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2016 7:46:22 PM

Any updates of Uber not taking new vehicles? I had already ordered for a vehicle that am expecting sometime this month. Talk of biashara plan gone bad.
KulaRaha
#69 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 8:09:46 AM

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Lolest!
#70 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 6:23:25 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

Wah! So in the longrun uber will be kama umoinner
Wa_ithaka
#71 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2017 3:29:48 PM

Does anybody know an easy way to get the ntsa inspection done for taking the car to uber?
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
doubletap
#72 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 9:10:39 PM

Wa_ithaka wrote:
Does anybody know an easy way to get the ntsa inspection done for taking the car to uber?

What exactly do you mean?
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
doubletap
#73 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 10:00:55 PM

kangi wrote:
doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

Been a while since was here. Thanks for the insights on how you go about the business your system seems very fair and as has the right incentive for the driver, and puts some dough in your pocket. Of course maintenance costs should be kept to a minimum.
hardwood
#74 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2017 1:46:11 PM

Saw this elsewhere. Good weekly earnings.

hardwood
#75 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 7:44:54 PM

Nearly every KCJ or KCK car I see on the road nowadays is a PSV. Seems Uber is turning into the new simu-ya-jamii. Those importing the cars must be smiling all the way to the bank.
Angelica _ann
#76 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 10:11:47 PM

hardwood wrote:
Nearly every KCJ or KCK car I see on the road nowadays is a PSV. Seems Uber is turning into the new simu-ya-jamii. Those importing the cars must be smiling all the way to the bank.

Another innovation from the dynamic duo #uhuroto smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Lolest!
#77 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:17:28 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

They do!

Driver picks you up

Asks unaenda xxxx? Yes. Ilikulipisha ngapi?

Soo Saba

Asks if it's a corporate job or your own personal job.

You say personal

Tells you of the suffering they go through giving Uber 25% of all revenue while they need to make something.

He discloses he's terminated the job. At roughly 2km!

You pay the 700

They will be on strike on Thursday
quicksand
#78 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:31:38 AM

Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

They do!

Driver picks you up

Soo Saba

You say personal

Tells you of the suffering they go through giving Uber 25% of all revenue while they need to make something.

You pay the 700

Drivers get deactivated if they hit a certain threshold of cancellations ....also for low ride acceptance rates ....(unless those rules are not in force in Kenya)..and getting re-activated again is quite a winded and difficult road if complaints on the interwebs are to be believed.
In addition, if some drivers go on strike, supply of cars becomes less and surge pricing kicks in. As some strike, some opportunistic fellows will jump in and make money Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ...and its not like there is an Uber drivers union to direct industrial action...you wouldn't even know who your fellow drivers are.
This is one action that will not gain any traction. The fail-safes are clever and if drivers think the platform will make concessions, they have got another think coming.
Lolest!
#79 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:24:16 AM

quicksand wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Mkondoa Macho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

They do!

Driver picks you up

Soo Saba

You say personal

You pay the 700

Drivers get deactivated if they hit a certain threshold of cancellations ....also for low ride acceptance rates ....(unless those rules are not in force in Kenya)..and getting re-activated again is quite a winded and difficult road if complaints on the interwebs are to be believed.
In addition, if some drivers go on strike, supply of cars becomes less and surge pricing kicks in. As some strike, some opportunistic fellows will jump in and make money Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly ...and its not like there is an Uber drivers union to direct industrial action...you wouldn't even know who your fellow drivers are.
This is one action that will not gain any traction. The fail-safes are clever and if drivers think the platform will make concessions, they have got another think coming.

They will be roughing up whoever doesn't comply
Euge
#80 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:47:36 PM

....and little cab. I am increasingly using them
Lord, thank you!