wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Uber as an Investment
shrewd
#1 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 12:35:02 PM

I had a conversation with an Uber driver/car owner and it sounded quite an option. Anyone who has signed up a m/vehicle with Uber who can share their experience?
The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions. - O.W. Holmes Snr.
Chaka
#2 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 5:24:20 PM

shrewd wrote:
I had a conversation with an Uber driver/car owner and it sounded quite an option. Anyone who has signed up a m/vehicle with Uber who can share their experience?

Can someone also confirm that they only deal with a sole proprietor Co. and not individuals or Ltd Co's?
Roque
#3 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 10:05:40 PM

Chaka wrote:
shrewd wrote:

Can someone also confirm that they only deal with a sole proprietor Co. and not individuals or Ltd Co's?

They deal with sole proprietors (only requires a registered business name) or Ltd Co. - but not individuals.
keraka
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:56:09 PM

shrewd wrote:

That makes us two.kindly share any information on your research.Had a chat with some driver too and liked the returns and the model.By the way whats the min specification of a car they would accept.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Speculz
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:26:04 PM

sidian bank unveils sh10b loan facility for uber drivers
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
Thitifini
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:27:21 PM

keraka wrote:
shrewd wrote:

That makes us two.kindly share any information on your research.Had a chat with some driver too and liked the returns and the model.By the way whats the min specification of a car they would accept.

Minimum clean vehicle manufactured not earlier than 2009. Check their website can't list zote.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
kimanimsc
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:15:55 PM

Thitifini wrote:
keraka wrote:
shrewd wrote:

Minimum clean vehicle manufactured not earlier than 2009. Check their website can't list zote.

Sidian Bank unveils Sh10bn loan facility for Uber drivers
penkon
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:42:36 AM

kimanimsc wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
keraka wrote:
shrewd wrote:

Sidian Bank unveils Sh10bn loan facility for Uber drivers

UBER: Hello, we have temporarily stopped on-boarding vehicles onto the platform. Please click on this link to get your vehicle(s) in the queue http://bit.ly/2a8KDkt . The vehicle waiting list timeline can range from 3 to greater than 9 months and is dependent on Uber's growth. If you need to replace a car, please come to the office, we will delete the existing one before we replace it with another. Thank you so much. UberON!
natema2000
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2016 11:53:06 AM

Am also interested. is it possible to sign up to both uber and little cab? where can i get more info on little cab?
natema2000
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 10:24:55 PM

Update: Teke Taxi ((FKF) president Nick Mwendwa ) the new entrant into the taxi hailing business. So far adds the number to 7. (Uber, Mondo Ride, Little Cab, Taxify, Sendy and Maramoja).

Meanwhile Uber partners with Total.

Think
Horton
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 11:59:00 PM

There is also taxi chap chap launching soon
streetwise
#12 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 9:01:00 AM

Kenyans truly have peculiar behaviour when it comes to investment.

This online taxi thing will soon be like the kiosks, mushrooming everywhere till no one will make money.

This copy cat business does not help the growth of the economy. I am sure Wazua can help here
Ash Ock
#13 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 10:46:11 AM

streetwise wrote:
Kenyan truly have peculiar behaviour when it comes to investment.

This online taxi thing will soon be like the kiosks, mushrooming everywhere till no one will make money.

This copy cat business does not help the growth of the economy. I am sure Wazua can help here

Fear.

We're very risk averse. Very scared of investing in the unknown no matter how good the idea is. We simply will not do it.

Greed.

Once we see something supposedly bringing in major bucks, greed takes over and we throw caution to the winds, plowing every single cent saved, borrowed, stolen, whatever into it. Then act all surprised when it crashes/doesn't make the returns expected.
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
sitaki.kujulikana
#14 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 10:51:49 AM

streetwise wrote:

Imagine if akina nakumatt, tuskys, naivas, ukwala, quickmart, eastmart, tumaini did not copy uchumi, the economy would have grown much better smile
MaichBlack
#15 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 10:58:27 AM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
streetwise wrote:

Imagine if akina nakumatt, tuskys, naivas, ukwala, quickmart, eastmart, tumaini did not copy uchumi, the economy would have grown much better smile

Very good point.

Add Ebrahims, Sunbeam, Jack and Jill etc.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#16 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 11:04:11 AM

I believe a businessman should think about his/her (potential) business first. If I can make money from my (potential) business now and in an acceptable time frame (depending on my investment and effort), then why not!!

Of course the "bigger picture" affects my business but I will only be thinking about my business and it's earnings as I analyze all these variables!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Ash Ock
#17 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 11:50:11 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

Very good point.

How many others were unsuccessful before these and what did they do differently?
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
MaichBlack
#18 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 12:30:04 PM

Ash Ock wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

Very good point.

How many others were unsuccessful before these and what did they do differently?

Actually Uchumi, Ebrahims, Sunbeam, Jack and Jill were very successful during their time.

Nakuru Matresses (Nakumatt), Tusker Matresses (Tuskys), Naivasha Matresses (Naivas) etc. were just outsiders who dared to dream and join a market ambayo "ilikuwa na wenyewe". Now they run the show!!!

On light note, sijui hizo "Matress" zote walikuwa wanapeleka wapi!!!
Kurious
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 8:52:55 AM

streetwise wrote:

For consumers it will be a good thing as each service provider tries to outdo each other with better pricing and better service delivery.

Some of the things little cab is rolling out include an SSDD application, ease of buying airtime on the cabs, getting free wifi on the cabs and the likes.

For investors i think there is room for more. I read some research by the Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) published in 2004 indicating that only 2% of the daily travelling needs of Nairobi city population (then indicated at 4.5 Million) was met through taxi mode of travelling. The study indicated that taxi business (2004) amounted to 95,080 trips per day and projected to grow to 165,600 trips per day in 2025.
It would be great to hear if anyone current statistics on the taxi industry right now.

Uber announced that they had made their one millionth trip the other day.
sitaki.kujulikana
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 12:52:33 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Ash Ock wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

Very good point.

Actually Uchumi, Ebrahims, Sunbeam, Jack and Jill were very successful during their time.

Nakuru Matresses (Nakumatt), Tusker Matresses (Tuskys), Naivasha Matresses (Naivas) etc. were just outsiders who dared to dream and join a market ambayo "ilikuwa na wenyewe". Now they run the show!!!

On light note, sijui hizo "Matress" zote walikuwa wanapeleka wapi!!!

smile maybe they thought mart was short for mattress.