wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<45678>»
Safaricom FY 2016 results net profit up 19.6%
enyands
#101 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 8:03:22 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
@Ebenyo. I share your school of thought. I don't trust gava as a major shareholder. Infact I maintain that safcom and kcb are case studies. Whatever methods that are used in those 2 firms are working. It's very interesting why they are not plagued by the mediocrity, laissez-faire and corruption of of other gava firms and parastatals.
Don't let the titles elder and chief fool you were all learning. Even some who've been here a long time. I have watched with dismay as gava led firms have wiped out peoples portfolios here. No one can tell me otherwise. And it all boils down to corruption and how gava firms are managed. They don't really belong to anyone no one cares.
I'm also a long term investor and that's why I'm very sensitive on where I invest my money and my co- shareholders. Keep the wazua spirit burning.

Safcom should be in everyones portfolio at the right price, one day we'll get a chance

Applause Applause Applause well talked
sparkly
#102 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 8:23:17 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Akenyan2014 wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
murchr wrote:

That's a vote of confidence in safaricom company.Unless the structure of the company shareholding changes,things will just be fine.
1.Vodafone-40%
2.Gok-35%
3.Free float-25%
The only unreliable partner so far here is Gok.

-It is GOK that gave birth to Saf.
-Gok has consistently provided the right environment in terms of regulation, taxation and generally healthy business environment for this and other companies to continue to thrive.
-I think no. 3 could be the unreliable partner by joining the opposition and propagating fear in the market environment.

Can you confidently relie on someone whose three quater of his annual budget is reccurent expenditure?
The other day Rotich presented a 2.1 trillion budget.1.3 trillion was expenditure.600 billion went to service debt interests.This person does not know how to invest and grow returns.Its just spend and borrow.Is that a reliable partner?

Very useless kind of thinking

Expenses does not grow wealth.It grows poverty.True and lasting wealth is created through a disciplined saving and robust investment.If you think Gok is so much reliable as an investment partner what happened to mumias,kq and eaep?.Gok is just about eat,sleep and drink politics.Everything is politicised down the middle.We cant eat politics.Gok will not build wealth to our nation throw borrowing to spend.Thats the single most aspect of their unreliability as an investment partner.That attitude informs the policy making.Look at the other firms they are in 70% shareholding like kenya power.Policy is influenced left and right hence affecting perfomance.There is too much political influence.
Safaricom has done so well mainly because vodafone wont allow Gok to bring politics in the business.

Government does not operate on earn, save, invest cycle. Public finance is about spending, borrowing and taxing. Whatever the government spends today is underwritten by taxes to be collected tomorrow.

In Africa,we are poor because we dont know how to get the best out of the little resources we have.We are enslaved in the poverty mentality cycle of spend,spend and spend.Kwani tutategemea misaada ya wazungu mpaka lini? And the wazungus are really happy to continue colonising us through the bilafateral agreements which are tilted in their favour.Sisi bora tukule tu,tuchape siasa 24/7 na masiku iende mbele.These clearly disregard wealth creation for our future generation.If USA could have been founded on the principles of EXPENDITURE,it would not have been the big economy its today.
SAFARICOM is a good company based on the structure laid down.Thats why this pension scheme invested in it.But im very weary of my Gok partner because of the reasons i have expounded.Vodafone so far so good.

My good friend Ebenyo you still have alot to learn. You speak ill of expenditure but consumption is the very basis of economics. Otherwise what is the use of producing if no one is going to buy?
Life is short. Live passionately.
murchr
#103 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 8:32:16 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
@Ebenyo. I share your school of thought. I don't trust gava as a major shareholder. Infact I maintain that safcom and kcb are case studies. Whatever methods that are used in those 2 firms are working. It's very interesting why they are not plagued by the mediocrity, laissez-faire and corruption of of other gava firms and parastatals.
Don't let the titles elder and chief fool you were all learning. Even some who've been here a long time. I have watched with dismay as gava led firms have wiped out peoples portfolios here. No one can tell me otherwise. And it all boils down to corruption and how gava firms are managed. They don't really belong to anyone no one cares.
I'm also a long term investor and that's why I'm very sensitive on where I invest my money and my co- shareholders. Keep the wazua spirit burning.

Safcom should be in everyones portfolio at the right price, one day we'll get a chance

I have watched you sing this song and miss out of Safcom at 5 , KCB(which you later divorced) as you wait for dream prices. Did you ever buy KenRe, I remember you saying that its "a share you can buy coz its undervalued". Despite GOK being the majority shareholder

Bottom Line. Stop this copy and pasting mentality and evaluate a company by its books, management and strategy. The rest is propaganda.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
VituVingiSana
#104 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 8:42:52 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#105 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 9:16:24 PM

@murchr. If a firm doesn't pass the management test I don't even bother. I only Invest with managers I can trust.

I have clearly stated Kcb and saf are case studies. So Im wondering why they are examples.

Knre that was what I thought then. Never acted on it.

On saf. You pulled a thread from 2012,l. Wow. It was 4 years ago and I was a speculator. Do not know what I know now. Nothing to do with gava shareholding

Kcb. I clearly rationalised with facts and made a decision which I stand by even now.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Ebenyo
#106 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 10:08:21 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

@Aguy,thanks for these encouraging words.Im completely encouraged.Lets keep wazua spirit going.Hopefully one day we will meet at SAFARICOM AGM.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
murchr
#107 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 10:16:09 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
@murchr. If a firm doesn't pass the management test I don't even bother. I only Invest with managers I can trust.

I have clearly stated Kcb and saf are case studies. So Im wondering why they are examples.

On saf. You pulled a thread from 2012,l. Wow. It was 4 years ago and I was a speculator. Do not know what I know now. Nothing to do with gava shareholding

Kcb. I clearly rationalised with facts and made a decision which I stand by even now.

What am saying is you're paralyzed by paranoia and have missed the bus several times.

KCB Went from 15 - 25 - 60 and now back
Safcom 3 - 5 - 19
Kenre 7 - 11 - 20

Management and GOK ownership remains the same. "well run companies with good management are biting the dust too..aren't they?"
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
VituVingiSana
#108 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 11:22:30 PM

Aguytrying wrote:

An expensive lesson I learnt courtesy of Olympia and KQ. Asiyefunzwa na mamaye, hufunzwa na ulimwengu. Michael Matu. Titus Naikuni. Alex Mbugua.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#109 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 11:54:04 PM

murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

What am saying is you're paralyzed by paranoia and have missed the bus several times.

Safcom 3 - 5 - 19
Kenre 7 - 11 - 20

Management and GOK ownership remains the same. "well run companies with good management are biting the dust too..aren't they?"

Maybe I wasn't clear.
I would invest in Safaricom and and to a lesser extent kcb despite Gava holding because I think their management is sound. Thats what I meant they are case studies.
So it's not a blanket statement. There are very many non gava firms that I would also not touch coz of management.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
murchr
#110 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 12:11:11 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Safcom 3 - 5 - 19
Kenre 7 - 11 - 20

Maybe I wasn't clear.
I would invest in Safaricom and and to a lesser extent kcb despite Gava holding because I think their management is sound. Thats what I meant they are case studies.
So it's not a blanket statement. There are very many non gava firms that I would also not touch coz of management.

So now you are saying what I was saying from the beginning, its not just about gok ownership/partnership but management....Good.

Ebenyo wrote:
Can you confidently relie on someone whose three quater of his annual budget is reccurent expenditure?
The other day Rotich presented a 2.1 trillion budget.1.3 trillion was expenditure.600 billion went to service debt interests.This person does not know how to invest and grow returns.Its just spend and borrow.Is that a reliable partner?

This ^^^ kind of thinking is what you were supporting at first. But Its all good now
Ebenyo
#111 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 8:25:05 AM

murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Safcom 3 - 5 - 19
Kenre 7 - 11 - 20

Maybe I wasn't clear.

So now you are saying what I was saying from the beginning, its not just about gok ownership/partnership but management....Good.

Ebenyo wrote:

This ^^^ kind of thinking is what you were supporting at first. But Its all good now

@muchir,i know one day i will die.Depending on my thinkings and attitude to life,I will either die:
1.Poor
2.Mediocre
3.Wealthy
I have decided to die wealthy.And that informs my thinking.Its also the reason why im in wazua so that i WAZUA vizuri.If my thinking is useless as you say,i dont care.As long as im making steps towards my aim of becoming wealthy,im fine.So far i have bought some shares in safaricom,kengen,equity and kcb for long term gains in dividends and share price appreciation.If that is useless thinking,then im among very many people really.
maka
#112 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 9:04:17 AM

That "big thing" being launched kumbe is a safaricom product...
possunt quia posse videntur
sparkly
#113 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 11:12:44 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Safcom 3 - 5 - 19
Kenre 7 - 11 - 20

Maybe I wasn't clear.

Vodafone invests its billions with GOK as a partner but you are too sharp to invest your thousands with GOK as a partner commmme ooooon!
Life is short. Live passionately.
Aguytrying
#114 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 12:48:08 PM

murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Safcom 3 - 5 - 19
Kenre 7 - 11 - 20

Maybe I wasn't clear.

Ebenyo wrote:

We are in agreement. I see now. The question that we should be asking is why this is working in safaricom, KCB and KENre.
But not in KQ, Mumias, NBK, Uchumi, EAPC. (Kengen, KPLC - debatable no scandals yet)
Ebenyo
#115 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 2:16:32 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Safcom 3 - 5 - 19
Kenre 7 - 11 - 20

Maybe I wasn't clear.

Ebenyo wrote:

We are in agreement. I see now. The question that we should be asking is why this is working in safaricom, KCB and KENre.
But not in KQ, Mumias, NBK, Uchumi, EAPC. (Kengen, KPLC - debatable no scandals yet)

Im also in agreement.We should buy and hold safaricom,kcb and kenre.Meanwhile lets avoid kq,mumias,nbk,uchumi and eapc.Lets wait to hear from the 'Experts' about the discrepancies from the two groups.
Aguytrying
#116 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 3:53:05 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Safcom 3 - 5 - 19
Kenre 7 - 11 - 20

Maybe I wasn't clear.

Ebenyo wrote:

Im also in agreement.We should buy and hold safaricom,kcb and kenre.Meanwhile lets avoid kq,mumias,nbk,uchumi and eapc.Lets wait to hear from the 'Experts' about the discrepancies from the two groups.

Yes this will help us understand the dynamic and maybe what to look out for if incase the former group starts transforming into the latter. Or even vice versa
Ericsson
#117 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 6:11:48 PM

Kenya Re good management and politics has been kept out of the company.
Precedence was set during NARC and opposition pre 2002 elections when the opposition led by Anyang Nyong'o blocked attempts to sell it cheap to Zimbabwe Re by the KANU government.
From then sky has been the limit for the company; where is Zimbabwe Re now.
Kenya Re is a shining reinsurer in African continent.
That is what happens when good people stand out against bad management.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#118 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 6:45:43 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re good management and politics has been kept out of the company.
Precedence was set during NARC and opposition pre 2002 elections when the opposition led by Anyang Nyong'o blocked attempts to sell it cheap to Zimbabwe Re by the KANU government.
From then sky has been the limit for the company; where is Zimbabwe Re now.
Kenya Re is a shining reinsurer in African continent.
That is what happens when good people stand out against bad management.
Don't you mean when good management (eg Mwarania) stand up to bad people (take your pick of crooks in GoK - NYS, NCPB, etc)?
Ericsson
#119 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 8:23:46 PM

Yes they do and it depends on which side of the mkate nusu the particular institution falls under.
E.g safaricom where gava owns 40% is majorly on the TNA side
TKL which has now just being taken over by Hellios and GoK owns 40% henceforth is on the URP side and that's why John Barorot has been appointed the CTO.
Now look at how the management of the two firms will be played out.
Same case applies to energy sector where Kengen is on the TNA side while KPLC is on the URP
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Aguytrying
#120 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 8:35:09 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Yes they do and it depends on which side of the mkate nusu the particular institution falls under.
E.g safaricom where gava owns 40% is majorly on the TNA side
TKL which has now just being taken over by Hellios and GoK owns 40% henceforth is on the URP side and that's why John Barorot has been appointed the CTO.
Now look at how the management of the two firms will be played out.
Same case applies to energy sector where Kengen is on the TNA side while KPLC is on the URP

This is the most plausible explanation I've heard....