wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages<1234>»
Safaricom FY 2016 results net profit up 19.6%
Shak
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:10:48 PM

Is this the right time to add more of this stock or is it best to wait?
Realtreaty
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:04:48 AM

Could Safcom find 20 this year as the balance? With all this strength Safcom could even divest to other sources of income. Real estate is very neutral as it could even use its money to build Serviced apartments, Hotel buildings, Office buildings ll for rent.
Safcom can invest in Public semi-government areas where it can help govt collect Taxes from those paying through their re-invented M-pesa where Individual or corporate tax information is at a click of a mouse.
Ebenyo
#23 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 3:44:35 PM

Those who created 40 billion shares for safaricom during the 2008 IPO acted greedily for instant gratification.They didnt mind others who could have benefited in the long term.Now look at safaricom Eps of kshs 0.95 vs pe of kshs 18? when willthe pe ever come down and eps go up?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
murchr
#24 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 4:42:32 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Those who created 40 billion shares for safaricom during the 2008 IPO acted greedily for instant gratification.They didnt mind others who could have benefited in the long term.Now look at safaricom Eps of kshs 0.95 vs pe of kshs 18? when willthe pe ever come down and eps go up?

Tech companies are not best valued using PE's, its just too simplistic and it doesn't tell anything about the health of the business, the high PE factors in the anticipated growth.
YoY EBITDA would be the best way to value these companies. That's why value investors like Buffett try to keep off tech stocks. Amazon has a PE ratio of about 295, in Dec 2012, the PE ratio was about 3660.

What you should be looking at is 1. YoY growth, 2. Business model that is difficult to copy (MPESA) 3. Customer loyalty and segmentation 4. Margins.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hisah
#25 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 8:37:44 PM

Tested 16.60 pre FY results with no supply there after rallying to 17.85.

Bulls in control with new all time highs expected. Targets 18, 19 and 20 handles. Overshoot at 21.50.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Spikes
#26 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 8:27:50 AM

hisah wrote:
Tested 16.60 pre FY results with no supply there after rallying to 17.85.

Bulls in control with new all time highs expected. Targets 18, 19 and 20 handles. Overshoot at 21.50.

I am expecting a dramatic selloff to 15/- before a rebound towards 20s .
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ebenyo
#27 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 8:51:33 AM

murchr wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Tech companies are not best valued using PE's, its just too simplistic and it doesn't tell anything about the health of the business, the high PE factors in the anticipated growth.
YoY EBITDA would be the best way to value these companies. That's why value investors like Buffett try to keep off tech stocks. Amazon has a PE ratio of about 295, in Dec 2012, the PE ratio was about 3660.

What you should be looking at is 1. YoY growth, 2. Business model that is difficult to copy (MPESA) 3. Customer loyalty and segmentation 4. Margins.

whats Y o Y?
Shak
#28 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 9:18:24 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

whats Y o Y?

Year On Year
Ericsson
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:07:58 PM

Safaricom CFO set to exit the company after a 5 year stint

http://www.businessdaily...2/-/4d45oqz/-/index.html
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ebenyo
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:56:40 PM

Ericsson wrote:

http://www.businessdaily.../-/4d45oqz/-/index.html

Good news indeed! i think its because of the land scandal.Kudos vodafone,they are proving to be my good partner.Though i would prefer they bring back the 40% holding to us.
obiero
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:58:32 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Good news indeed! i think its because of the land scandal.Kudos vodafone,they are proving to be my good partner.Though i would prefer they bring back the 40% holding to us.

he ate cash and there is evidence

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ebenyo
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 8:46:33 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Its true obiero.Untill then i didnt knew kama wazungu ni wezi.Kumbe hao pia ni wezi! its a good riddance really.
watesh
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:29:46 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

People who are never satisfied, dude gets paid millions in salary and its still not enough for him
muandiwambeu
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 10:37:21 PM

watesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

People who are never satisfied, dude gets paid millions in salary and its still not enough for him

nionyeshe marafiki wako, nikujuwe wewe tabia zako. bob has been due for depo and sterilization for so long. should have been the first one to pack, get the sack and ship out. bob imekosa ladha xaxa ni taabu tupu kwa mifuko na airtime in a evaporate into the thin air yawa. uk saidia Wanjiku from bob's jins.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Ebenyo
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:55:41 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
watesh wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

nionyeshe marafiki wako, nikujuwe wewe tabia zako. bob has been due for depo and sterilization for so long. should have been the first one to pack, get the sack and ship out. bob imekosa ladha xaxa ni taabu tupu kwa mifuko na airtime in a evaporate into the thin air yawa. uk saidia Wanjiku from bob's jins.

The investigation report didnt mention Bob.Leave him out of this.He is okey and we trust him.He will serve out his full contract.
mlennyma
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:17:17 AM

Reverse gear applied ,brexit???
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ebenyo
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:39:07 AM

mlennyma wrote:

No. This has nothing to do with brexit.Kenya is not a member of EU.Whether they pull out or stay,i dont think it will have any bearing in our busineses.
Spikes
#38 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:47:32 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

No. This has nothing to do with brexit.Kenya is not a member of EU.Whether they pull out or stay,i dont think it will have any bearing in our busineses.

Many people are expecting huge volumes in 100s of millions to be done upwards to 20/-. You will be shocked the same volumes to be done heading south!
MaichBlack
#39 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:47:57 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Seriously???

You guys need to understand the World Economy!!!

Lesson One: Look at trade deals between different countries, understand how they work and how they affect other countries including those that are not part of the deal!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Spikes
#40 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:51:53 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Seriously???

You guys need to understand the World Economy!!!

Lesson One: Look at trade deals between different countries, understand how they work and how they affect other countries including those that are not part of the deal!

Brexit must affect everybody globally. Britain is one of the big boys in international trade.