wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<34567>
Equity Bank Q1 2016 Results
Aguytrying
#81 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 7:04:36 PM

sparkly wrote:
hisah wrote:
KCB lost the support level at 38-40 zone and has crashed towards 30. If member loses the 36-38 support zone, 30 will be tested. For member it may be swift since the sell pressure is showing up after a volume spike. Was that distribution?

People have lost faith in stocks. Yes, I belief that we will see 30 soon

When Kcb Bat plummeted from 40 to 32. I knew it was only a matter of time before equity joins. Eventually saf should join the party
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
sparkly
#82 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 7:09:52 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
hisah wrote:
KCB lost the support level at 38-40 zone and has crashed towards 30. If member loses the 36-38 support zone, 30 will be tested. For member it may be swift since the sell pressure is showing up after a volume spike. Was that distribution?

When Kcb Bat plummeted from 40 to 32. I knew it was only a matter of time before equity joins. Eventually saf should join the party

perhaps EABL another overpriced stock.
Life is short. Live passionately.
lochaz-index
#83 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 7:17:57 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@Sparkly
That's true couple that with a struggling economy where we had to borrow sh.60bn from China to pay contractors.
Heavy volumes on equity bank today 10.29mn shares traded so far.
Apart from it and safaricom no other counter has traded more that a million shares.

The economy is in dire straits. The fact that banks are some of the stocks that have tanked the hardest yet their numbers and books still appear rosy says a lot.

The interbank market is dead or not as vibrant as it used to be. If the banks are cautious/hesitant in lending to each other what happens to liquidity and credit expansion?

Those loan books have been on an ever rising trajectory since 2002, what happens when the charge-offs start to be administered? I don't think the reset is complete.

The govt will on the other hand choke the life out of the private sector since external borrowing is becoming pricier and unsustainable. It is possible we will end up with another bout of a weakening KES and rising interest rates.

The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
MaichBlack
#84 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 7:19:33 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
hisah wrote:

I remember you NOT mentioning it.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Ebenyo
#85 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:53:12 PM

Metasploit wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Sparkly
That's true couple that with a struggling economy where we had to borrow sh.60bn from China to pay contractors.
Apart from it and safaricom no other counter has traded more that a million shares.

from that 60 billion,7bilion itapunguza NPLs ya kcb from 30 billion to 23bilion.

Ebenyo..whatyu talking bout

@metasploiti,what i meant was that the 60 bilion that the treasury borrowed from china,7bilion will reduce the kcb npl.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mkate_nusu
#86 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:08:01 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Metasploit wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Sparkly

from that 60 billion,7bilion itapunguza NPLs ya kcb from 30 billion to 23bilion.

Ebenyo..whatyu talking bout

@metasploiti,what i meant was that the 60 bilion that the treasury borrowed from china,7bilion will reduce the kcb npl.

that 60 bn is for paying contractors not repaying debts. KCB is a gvt entity those NPLs will keep rising especially with elections approaching as mps take out loans for campaign
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
muandiwambeu
#87 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:30:41 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Sparkly

The economy is in dire straits. The fact that banks are some of the stocks that have tanked the hardest yet their numbers and books still appear rosy says a lot.

The interbank market is dead or not as vibrant as it used to be. If the banks are cautious/hesitant in lending to each other what happens to liquidity and credit expansion?

Those loan books have been on an ever rising trajectory since 2002, what happens when the charge-offs start to be administered? I don't think the reset is complete.

The govt will on the other hand choke the life out of the private sector since external borrowing is becoming pricier and unsustainable. It is possible we will end up with another bout of a weakening KES and rising interest rates.

add some Molotov concotion by erc and see petro tail wiggle waggle do some more magic. will petrodollar spicing spoke it more? the market has its magicians busy with spanners.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Ericsson
#88 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:29:41 PM

@mkate_nusu
The contractor took a loan from KCB to undertake the project with a promise that he will repay when the gava pays him.
MPs don't take bank loans as campaign nears.They either steal from taxpayers money through giving themselves hefty one-off packages or get bribes to defect from one party to another Ababu style
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Metasploit
#89 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:34:56 PM

hisah wrote:

11M changed hands again with a price dip to a low of 36.25..Confirmation of distribution

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
hisah
#90 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 1:50:03 PM

Metasploit wrote:
hisah wrote:

11M changed hands again with a price dip to a low of 36.25..Confirmation of distribution

36.25 tested intraday. I expect 36 handle to be defended. Losing that support will send the price reeling towards 30.

But as volatility increases so does the end come sooner smile The market needs this rapid capitulation to run out of town all the weak holders before the trend shifts the other way.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
snipermnoma
#91 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:27:07 PM

hisah wrote:
Metasploit wrote:
hisah wrote:

36.25 tested intraday. I expect 36 handle to be defended. Losing that support will send the price reeling towards 30.

But as volatility increases so does the end come sooner smile The market needs this rapid capitulation to run out of town all the weak holders before the trend shifts the other way.

The way things are moving, there is no rapid capitulation in sight. This is one drawn out fight. Overall trend is down but painfully slow. Patience needed.
Ebenyo
#92 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:53:52 PM

I tried to put an order of 36.75 but my broker said 38.25.Got discouraged as there is no difference from my average buying price of 38.80 plus brokerage fee.
Ericsson
#93 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:14:57 PM

Under the new rules being drafted by CBK governor bank CEO's term limits will be limited to either two terms of 3-years each,4 years or 5 years each so that maximum tenure is 10 years.
That means James Mwangi may have to exit as he would have breached the law.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
streetwise
#94 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 8:56:18 AM

The counting starts after the law is enacted which may mean the guy will have another 10 year, after all it is his bank
MaichBlack
#95 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:03:46 AM

streetwise wrote:
The counting starts after the law is enacted which may mean the guy will have another 10 year, after all it is his bank

Tell them @streetwise. It is illegal to apply laws retroactively!

Bad law when you have a CEO like James Mwangi - whom as a shareholder I would want to stay on for as long as he wants. Good law if you are a Co-op shareholder.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#96 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:25:43 AM

streetwise wrote:

Tell them @streetwise. It is illegal to apply laws retroactively!

Bad law when you have a CEO like James Mwangi - whom as a shareholder I would want to stay on for as long as he wants. Good law if you are a Co-op shareholder.
Impunity
#97 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:48:53 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Under the new rules being drafted by CBK governor bank CEO's term limits will be limited to either two terms of 3-years each,4 years or 5 years each so that maximum tenure is 10 years.

In case of @James Mwangi, will the new law apply retroactively?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Ebenyo
#98 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:38:25 AM

James Mwangi recently signed a ten year contract extension.The law will not affect him.His successor is the one who will be affected by the change.
Othelo
#99 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:41:48 AM

Impunity wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Why the focus and concentration on JM, while there are many crooked CEOs out there cc. @Kingdom
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
mkate_nusu
#100 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:49:24 AM

Othelo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Why the focus and concentration on JM, while there are many crooked CEOs out there cc. @Kingdom

In JM we trust. We the shareholders will vote to extend his term if Opus Dei tries to intefere with a competent management. The likes of JM are not manufactured every 10 yrs.
Co-op shareholders and the rest can however breathe a sigh of relief
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM