wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
Equity Bank Q1 2016 Results
Ebenyo
#41 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 5:49:25 AM

murchr wrote:
the Star wrote:
Equity Bank has 14 days to file assessment documents in a case where eight former employees are seeking over Sh100 million as compensation.

Justice Fred Ochieng made the orders after the court was informed that the bank had admitted the liability for failing to disclose and pay the employees their unit-shareholdings.

Ochieng further directed the parties to file facts agreed to enable the court give judgment on the quantity of damages to be awarded to the eight.

Plaintiffs in the case are Patrick Pamba, Edna Mwangi, Arthur Washe, John Thagana, John Nderitu, Jacob Obiero, Edward Waweru and John Kamau.

They accuse bank trustees of "blantantly and deliberately" failing to comply with the provisions of Section 117 of the Capital Markets (Collective Investment Schemes) Regulations 2001.

The provision ensures that a repurchase of units in an ESOP shall reflect the latest traded price of the company's shares at the Nairobi Securities Exchange.

where is the link to this story?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#42 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:36:26 AM

Equity Bank set to auction Vihiga MP’s home over Sh19m loan

http://www.businessdaily...10/-/9wc0nm/-/index.html
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Aguytrying
#43 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:57:58 AM

[quote=VituVingiSana]Equity Bank set to auction Vihiga MP’s home over Sh19m loan

http://www.businessdaily...0/-/9wc0nm/-/index.html[/quote]

Banking is tough. Unpaid loan since 2007!
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Ericsson
#44 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 12:48:35 PM

Equity bank is known for enslaving and harassing it's employees.
Long working hours with low pay,discriminative employee share ownership,no growth/career progression.
Staff turnover is high and company has many court cases relating to employee share ownership when the said employees decide to exit
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#45 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:36:16 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana]Equity Bank set to auction Vihiga MP’s home over Sh19m loan

http://www.businessdaily...0/-/9wc0nm/-/index.html[/quote]

Banking is tough. Unpaid loan since 2007!

The court system needs massive reforms. As do the laws that protect serial or egregious defaulters. At least Equity didn't write it off. How would have KCB handled it?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
MaichBlack
#46 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 8:24:52 AM

Na hapa ndipo Equity "imetufikicha"
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#47 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 4:59:43 PM

Foreign investors loving Equity
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
mkate_nusu
#48 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 8:24:23 PM

I am in this counter for the longterm. Below 36 I scoop up more
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Ebenyo
#49 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 9:19:34 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:

Im also in this counter for the long term.Im in simba too but i plan kuachia my daughter.Mi nitabaki na huyu James Mwangi.I heard there is a rights issue next year?
mkate_nusu
#50 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 9:46:17 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:

Im also in this counter for the long term.Im in simba too but i plan kuachia my daughter.Mi nitabaki na huyu James Mwangi.I heard there is a rights issue next year?

@Ebenyo I highly doubt that. Equity books are looking healthy: working capital, LLPs and NPLs are all good.
If they needed the money they can always retain greater portion of earnings and pay less in dividends
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Aguytrying
#51 Posted : Sunday, July 03, 2016 10:09:03 PM

I've waited for this to drop but inakataa
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Ebenyo
#52 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2016 4:33:06 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
I've waited for this to drop but inakataa

Dont give up.Mwenda pole hajikwai.A time will come for it.Simba was once like that but now its purchasable.
mlennyma
#53 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2016 8:38:41 AM

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/143nuhbz/-/index.html
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mlennyma
#54 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2016 8:47:54 AM

mlennyma wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Equity-ranked-fastest-growing-bank-in-Africa/-/996/3276672/-/143nuhbz/-/index.html

equity will trade at 100 plus in the next nse bull
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#55 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2016 11:27:52 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:

A potential Rights Issue was mentioned in a briefing by JM as Equity expands beyond the borders. The size & timing was left open.
VituVingiSana
#56 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2016 11:48:37 AM

More good news for Equity which will get its money from debt-ridden TransCentury.
http://www.businessdaily...38/-/8c0v4u/-/index.html
hisah
#57 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2016 11:56:55 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
More good news for Equity which will get its money from debt-ridden TransCentury.
http://www.businessdaily...8/-/8c0v4u/-/index.html

Good news indeed in this NPL environment. The other good move was dumping that britam stake in 2014 just when it that counter topped out and has never found its footing to date!

Waiting for H1 results then I decide if to remove it from my golden handcuffs list. Same case applies to Centum H1, but I see britam will remain in that list for a long time.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
VituVingiSana
#58 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2016 12:24:11 PM

hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Good news indeed in this NPL environment. The other good move was dumping that britam stake in 2014 just when it that counter topped out and has never found its footing to date!

Waiting for H1 results then I decide if to remove it from my golden handcuffs list. Same case applies to Centum H1, but I see britam will remain in that list for a long time.

Equity does not hesitate dumping bad borrowers including County of Nairobi and Transcentury.
kaka2za
#59 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2016 2:04:35 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Equity does not hesitate dumping bad borrowers including County of Nairobi and Transcentury.

But there is a Mainstream church that owes Equity over 2b NPL.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
moneydust
#60 Posted : Monday, July 04, 2016 2:07:46 PM

kaka2za wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

But there is a Mainstream church that owes Equity over 2b NPL.

Which church is this? can you substantiate..