wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

salt water boiler/heater
sanity
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 08, 2016 10:27:03 PM

Hi Good people of Wazua republic.

I have been using the 'instant shower' in my bathroom for sometime now.But to say the least,I am getting tired and weary.I have been replacing the thing every month.reason being,my land lord provides us with borehole water which being 'salty' ends end corroding the heater and it 'burns'.I have even tried the one labelled 'salt water' but it 'burns' out just like the rest.Now I am kindly requesting anyone who may have an idea of a water boiler which can handle this 'salt water'..saidieni tafadhali...
Hope is not a strategy
TSi
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2016 12:54:56 PM

U have to schedule to clean the filament/element every 3 weeks. That way u will save yourself the hustle of buying every month. its actually very easy
1.look for a stool to step on
2.uncork/ open the plastic cover with the many holes
3.after which there is another cover, pull it downwards
4.You will find the filament.
5.in its current state it will be whitish due to salt molding all over it.
6.look for a dry stick to scrap the salt off gently. Unaweza gonga gonga n u r good to go
Chaka
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:16:26 PM

@Sanity,
I suggest you have the water checked in a lab.If it has high fluoride levels,that is a health hazard esp when the water is hot(If so,its better to have cold showers).
If fluoride levels are low and you need to clean the element,scrubbing it with a solution of baking soda(sodium bi-carbonate) and an old toothbrush should help..
mpobiz
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:04:55 AM

Chaka wrote:
@Sanity,
I suggest you have the water checked in a lab.If it has high fluoride levels,that is a health hazard esp when the water is hot(If so,its better to have cold showers).
If fluoride levels are low and you need to clean the element,scrubbing it with a solution of baking soda(sodium bi-carbonate) and an old toothbrush should help..

How is it harmful? Its only bath water.
There are salt water heater available in most elecrical shops in town. They are a far much more expensive than the regular ones about 20k. I have had one fitted in a rental premises and its still functionig like new for more than 6 years with no service or cleaning.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
kayhara
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 5:50:48 PM

mpobiz wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@Sanity,

How is it harmful? Its only bath water.
There are salt water heater available in most elecrical shops in town. They are a far much more expensive than the regular ones about 20k. I have had one fitted in a rental premises and its still functionig like new for more than 6 years with no service or cleaning.

Remember to get an RCD for your instant shower for those who fear the suicide showers might kill them
Residual current Detector

To Each His Own
Mukiri
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2018 5:18:44 AM

Chaka wrote:
@Sanity,

High flouride levels is easily detected by the teeth browning experienced from people of that locality. Case in point Ngong and Njoro

Proverbs 19:21