Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<567
House Sinks in Huruma
Anti_Burglar
#121 Posted : Monday, June 06, 2016 8:36:57 AM

masukuma wrote:
Anti_Burglar wrote:
masukuma wrote:
just saying! ukishindwa na maisha nairobi panda basi uelekee shags ukikataa hiyo - utapandishwa basi tu... only that utakuwa kama mzigo! people should stop giving excuses and start living. but what do I know.... give all the excuses you want... live in those leaning towers of riverside.... risk the lives of your children.... all because KIDERO IS TO BLAME! right? how can we sort this out? let's live in these houses until 2017... kick out kidero and in the crapshoot we call elections pick some other rich dude/dudette then roll the dice again... see if he/she works for us. Let's delegate our responsibilities to marking on a check box with a complementary pen. I am not urging group thinking... I am just urging individual thinking.... wenye wanangoja things to happen for groups - good for you! but what do i know right?

Wewe ndiwe prefect wa Nairobi? They are more resilient than you can ever be but see how lowly you look at them.

their resilience is not in question (perhaps a derivative of their worldview)... it's their decision am questioning. Their fatalism makes them take risks that they should not! When people were being chase from those houses I saw people complaining... hawaoni!! now another building has collapsed

If they were to have their way... I am sure a bunch of people would be buried under that building now...

The entire viewpoint of the capitalist enterprise makes the pursuit of financial profit the sole, sacrosanct criterion for everything. What about the "rights" of workers, their families and the public at large? Moot. Then it becomes easier to point fingers at those caught up in the system - Look, they are fatalists! Look, their decision making abilities are questionable! Look this, look that. What about the dyed-in-the-wool entrepreneur the owner of the fatal enterprise? Will he get his share of condemnation?
masukuma
#122 Posted : Monday, June 06, 2016 9:54:02 AM

Anti_Burglar wrote:

The entire viewpoint of the capitalist enterprise makes the pursuit of financial profit the sole, sacrosanct criterion for everything. What about the "rights" of workers, their families and the public at large? Moot. Then it becomes easier to point fingers at those caught up in the system - Look, they are fatalists! Look, their decision making abilities are questionable! Look this, look that. What about the dyed-in-the-wool entrepreneur the owner of the fatal enterprise? Will he get his share of condemnation?

My pointing out of poor decision making on the part of people who live dangerously should not be confused to be absolving the state and the dyed-in-the-wool entrepreneur... not each one is to blame! but only one party loses their lives.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
bubethi
#123 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2016 11:00:49 AM