wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

PRC - prc.co.ke
doubletap
#1 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 9:18:39 PM

Anyone dealt with them? Any info about this company
link
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
alma1
#2 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 9:28:33 PM

doubletap wrote:
link

Do you represent them by any chance? It's ok to say so. We even have Cynton here. They aren't shy.

How can you not know a company and then send us to a link to their inner pages of their site?

Learn farming first before you go buying plots because of greenhouses. Are you a farmer.

Who told you farmers are so stupid to buy a plot for 900k? Those are 8 good cows from Githunguri farm.

A farmer would rent the land from his neighbour for 10k a year, buy a greenhouse for 150k and......you know the rest.

Sell the land stop selling the gimmick. Gimmicks you leave to PRC spokesman Maina Kageni in the morning.

Tell us, what is the value of the land around that area, before all those greenhouses with no farmers were put on photoshop?

Then we can advise.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

doubletap
#3 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 9:52:04 PM

Thihihihi am not a spokesman was sent a link and just had to ask what's the dilly with the greenhouses and land - you know the wazua spirit of sharing. Maybe someone has dealt with them as in real life experience.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
alma1
#4 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 10:02:56 PM

doubletap wrote:
Thihihihi am not a spokesman was sent a link and just had to ask what's the dilly with the greenhouses and land - you know the wazua spirit of sharing. Maybe someone has dealt with them as in real life experience.

Haya sawa. Unajua siku hizi wazua has very many spokesmen.

My view is simple. If someone has to sell you a piece of land with a gimmick then there's something not right.

What does managing for you a greenhouse mean? How much shall you pay for someone else to manage your greenhouse while you have never ever farmed in your life.

I guess their ideas of selling land in Naivasha for sijui holiday homes to rent out to others hasn't turned out to be true.

Kenyans really do have enough money to be screwed.

I can bet 100% that there shall be no farmer buying those tubrotis.

Only some guy in Nairobi paying kidogo kidogo in the hope that they shall magically recover their 1million after growing tomatoes in an overpriced greenhouse on an 1/8 acre with no water, being managed by some fellows they have never met.

You just can't make this stuff up.

enyands
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 7:06:28 AM

alma1 wrote:
doubletap wrote:

My view is simple. If someone has to sell you a piece of land with a gimmick then there's something not right.

What does managing for you a greenhouse mean? How much shall you pay for someone else to manage your greenhouse while you have never ever farmed in your life.

I guess their ideas of selling land in Naivasha for sijui holiday homes to rent out to others hasn't turned out to be true.

Only some guy in Nairobi paying kidogo kidogo in the hope that they shall magically recover their 1million after growing tomatoes in an overpriced greenhouse on an 1/8 acre with no water, being managed by some fellows they have never met.

We kenyans have dynamic minds of constantly coming up with ideas to shaft and screw each other .if we can use that energy to do something constructive then we will be far as a nation.nys ,pastor kanyari, Chase bank , eurobond , molasses factory , uchumi , Goldenberg , Angola leasing , deci, good hope sacco, ....the list goes on and on and on .

Next you will hear someone wants to sell land in kirinyaga which is believed to have deposits of highly treasured carbon compounds (oiro/oil)
mugo2of3
#6 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 2:14:45 PM

enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:
doubletap wrote:

We kenyans have dynamic minds of constantly coming up with ideas to shaft and screw each other .if we can use that energy to do something constructive then we will be far as a nation.nys ,pastor kanyari, Chase bank , eurobond , molasses factory , uchumi , Goldenberg , Angola leasing , deci, good hope sacco, ....the list goes on and on and on .

Next you will hear someone wants to sell land in kirinyaga which is believed to have deposits of highly treasured carbon compounds (oiro/oil)

Manilla Farm of the magical Holstein cows is the latest scam . .

Very well put one @enyands.

I also wonder what value does flipping of over-priced pieces of land add to our economy
Wakanyugi
#7 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 3:37:33 PM

enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:
doubletap wrote:

I have dealt with this company and I found their customer relations to be very good.

But generally with the massive growth of the land/property selling Industry, everyone is trying to distinguish him or herself and PRC is not being left behind.

I don't know much about their greenhouses program. But I can say this: there is a huge business in long distance management of agricultural land just waiting for a clever fellow or fellows to tap into.

Take a walk in your shags next time you drive there. At least two generations have left the land for the lights of towns, leaving our aging parents to take care of farms and animals. For how much longer can they continue to do this? Many pieces of land are actually abandoned.

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
alma1
#8 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 3:49:41 PM

For the benefit of being clear about where I stand about all this I'll say that I have met the guys of PRC. Of course they don't know that since I make a habit of being understated in public.

Now you have talked about 2 things that are not mutually inclusive

I'll start with one

there is nothing like a "land/property selling Industry". It's the real estate industry. Selling is not an industry.

Saying that they are separating themselves from the others does not negate the fact that this is one of those deals that you shake your head about.

Let's talk about the things I do know about.

Their Naivasha properties, that were sold as Tourism hotspots. How are they fairing. What about sijui cape what, how are they fairing.

No doubt they do give guys titles. But titles to what? Have you seen this property that we are discussing about that is meant to be sold to someone to put up a greenhouse?

Part one of my question to you is simple. Of all the promises they gave about land values appreciating by 20% per year, which was the last one that you sold to someone who did not know PRC? As in you bought a plot for 100k from PRC then sold it to Odhiambo at 120k after 1 year. Who sold it to Mike at 144k the next etc. Or are values just in the air?...expectations?

Part 2 starts here

The agriculture bit is trully amazing. You can't sell tourism in Isinya so you say greenhouse.

Let the greenhouse farmers who bought a greenhouse from Amiran speak. I'll keep quiet about it.

A farm management company is not a land selling company. You are either selling land or managaging farms. Decide.

Nice gimmick but goes to prove what I've been saying all along....Iko shida in property market.

To the fellows who shall buy, please prove me wrong. Buy a 1/8 in an area that is so deep inside that even the guys in Isinya don't know about it for 1 million. While hapo tu Isinya you can buy an acre for less.

Lakini kila mtu na shibe lake. Siwezi kuwa dada wala mamako. Utajisugua mgongo.

Swenani
#9 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 4:13:40 PM

alma1 wrote:
For the benefit of being clear about where I stand about all this I'll say that I have met the guys of PRC. Of course they don't know that since I make a habit of being understated in public.

I'll start with one

there is nothing like a "land/property selling Industry". It's the real estate industry. Selling is not an industry.

Saying that they are separating themselves from the others does not negate the fact that this is one of those deals that you shake your head about.

Their Naivasha properties, that were sold as Tourism hotspots. How are they fairing. What about sijui cape what, how are they fairing.

No doubt they do give guys titles. But titles to what? Have you seen this property that we are discussing about that is meant to be sold to someone to put up a greenhouse?

Part one of my question to you is simple. Of all the promises they gave about land values appreciating by 20% per year, which was the last one that you sold to someone who did not know PRC? As in you bought a plot for 100k from PRC then sold it to Odhiambo at 120k after 1 year. Who sold it to Mike at 144k the next etc. Or are values just in the air?...expectations?

Part 2 starts here

The agriculture bit is trully amazing. You can't sell tourism in Isinya so you say greenhouse.

Let the greenhouse farmers who bought a greenhouse from Amiran speak. I'll keep quiet about it.

A farm management company is not a land selling company. You are either selling land or managaging farms. Decide.

Nice gimmick but goes to prove what I've been saying all along....Iko shida in property market.

To the fellows who shall buy, please prove me wrong. Buy a 1/8 in an area that is so deep inside that even the guys in Isinya don't know about it for 1 million. While hapo tu Isinya you can buy an acre for less.

One of the farmers from Amiran Kenya

ali wrote:
Hi. I am selling my greenhouse. Almost new. Only two walls destroyed by my bulls, otherwise its as good as new. Email me if interestd. Had bought at amiran

ali wrote:
Bulls were fighting and destroyed 3 walls. 1 is still intact. The other 3 u can drive thru. Bt roof is quite stable. 90k.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
timizo
#10 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 4:39:23 PM

I agree with you 100%. Sometimes ago, they were advertising some 1/8 of an acre somewhere in Kieni Nyeri, in a quite a dry place. PRC was marketing these plots for a place to build holiday homes. They were selling an 1/8 at a higher price than the market price of 1 acre.
They would say that the plots are either next or near Tafaria, Kibaki's home, Kimathi University, Aberdares and Mt Kenya. This was pure hogwash. I just hope nobody bought them but whoever did must be regretting by now.

alma1 wrote:

I'll start with one

Part 2 starts here

Mike Ock
#11 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 6:38:47 PM

Sioni shida iko wapi hapa. This is a case of willing buyer, willing seller and no lies in between. If someone is bamboozled by Maina Kageni's pitch, so be it. Information assymetry is fair game in business, and wazuan stock traders should understand this most of all.
shanoka
#12 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 12:12:51 AM

hardwood
#13 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 1:55:10 PM

alma1 wrote:
doubletap wrote:
link

Do you represent them by any chance? It's ok to say so. We even have Cynton here. They aren't shy.

How can you not know a company and then send us to a link to their inner pages of their site?

Learn farming first before you go buying plots because of greenhouses. Are you a farmer.

Who told you farmers are so stupid to buy a plot for 900k? Those are 8 good cows from Githunguri farm.

A farmer would rent the land from his neighbour for 10k a year, buy a greenhouse for 150k and......you know the rest.

Sell the land stop selling the gimmick. Gimmicks you leave to PRC spokesman Maina Kageni in the morning.

Tell us, what is the value of the land around that area, before all those greenhouses with no farmers were put on photoshop?

Then we can advise.

Waaah...kweli @Alma sees far like a giraffe.
doubletap
#14 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 6:37:29 PM

Been a while since I started this thread but after alma1 put his wise counsel in the wazua spirit and eloquently showed the company for what it really was am glad that we have it here as a record.

Well as one person put it buyer beware.