wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
BBK share price
capitalism
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:30:02 AM

Barclays

Maybe its me, but i do feel Barclays is undervalued, i know the threat of Barclays exiting the continent could have made investors go short, i however do feel they are value at just over 10kshs
murchr
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:25:05 AM

Feeling is not enough, do the math then come back here. Numbers never lie
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
sparkly
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 6:20:37 AM

capitalism wrote:
Maybe its me, but i do feel Barclays is undervalued, i know the threat of Barclays exiting the continent could have made investors go short, i however do feel they are value at just over 10kshs

What do you feel is the true value? what's your basis of valuation?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:39:46 AM

capitalism wrote:

If Barclays is undervalued by Mr. market, what is wrong with that?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
mlennyma
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:38:50 AM

capitalism wrote:

what caught my attention is their good dividend though cant be guaranteed always
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Shak
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 10:13:01 AM

The stock market is all about perceptions and sentiments. If stock prices were to reflect the real value of a company we would be seeing a very different picture across the board
Ericsson
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:57:46 AM

Barclays has to come up with something or make an announcement that will exite the market for the share price to bounce
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Shak
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:10:00 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Barclays has to come up with something or make an announcement that will exite the market for the share price to bounce

Even this thread is hardly attracting interest. Translate that disinterest to the market
capitalism
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:55:08 PM

I downoaded their Financial reports on their website last night and been looking at them. Well, as someone once said, the Market is there to serve you, not to inform you. I see Value in the just over 10kshs for this stock. As Erickson put it, its all about perception and sometimes sentiments. I'm going long on this one, Very long. Lets see what happens. I'm not based in Kenya maybe you folks you know something i dont know. I'm taking a dive on this one big time.
sparkly
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:35:59 PM

capitalism wrote:
I downoaded their Financial reports on their website last night and been looking at them. Well, as someone once said, the Market is there to serve you, not to inform you. I see Value in the just over 10kshs for this stock. As Erickson put it, its all about perception and sometimes sentiments. I'm going long on this one, Very long. Lets see what happens. I'm not based in Kenya maybe you folks you know something i dont know. I'm taking a dive on this one big time.

Haven't you heard that Barclays global is selling its interests in Africa?
enyands
#11 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 12:20:12 AM

sparkly wrote:
capitalism wrote:

Doesn't mean they are liquidating all their assets and businesses
murchr
#12 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 12:43:10 AM

capitalism wrote:

The price is 10/- for one share, what is the value?

Keep in mind that one share earned Kes 1.55
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
enyands
#13 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 12:58:57 AM

murchr wrote:
capitalism wrote:

The price is 10/- for one share, what is the value?

Keep in mind that one share earned Kes 1.55

The way I see it it's a good deal
Spikes
#14 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 4:53:46 AM

Ericsson wrote:

This is an international bank. I don't think they will excite the market just for a rally. Their way of doing things is different. Unlike local companies deploying bigger shafter approach to spike a rally.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Aguytrying
#15 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 6:50:27 AM

sparkly wrote:
capitalism wrote:

When this happens, rebranding is a must. Right?
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
murchr
#16 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 7:07:47 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
capitalism wrote:

They want to retain the name, but if they choose to go that way, will they not be paying Barclays some fees?

Q1 will not be good. Wait for it
sparkly
#17 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 7:49:39 AM

enyands wrote:
sparkly wrote:
capitalism wrote:

Doesn't mean they are liquidating all their assets and businesses

What else does SELLING mean?

Aguytrying
#18 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 8:45:18 AM

murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
capitalism wrote:

They want to retain the name, but if they choose to go that way, will they not be paying Barclays some fees?

So like a franchise. Who would want to be in UK and your name is been tarnished for example without your control? If it's selling of 60% barclays global stake, I think the name goes with it.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
enyands
#19 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 9:02:28 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
murchr wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
capitalism wrote:

So like a franchise. Who would want to be in UK and your name is been tarnished for example without your control? If it's selling of 60% barclays global stake, I think the name goes with it.

Especially now that board are mischievous with customers deposit. Bad bad habit
Ericsson
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 7:56:17 AM

@VVS,poundfoolish
That is a problem I realised is big in this forum.People just read juu juu,don't go into details and then start endless debates.
HSBC has never been chinese or Hong Kong.It's been a British bank from the day it was founded.It is Britain's largest bank.
Hong Kong was part of Britain till 1997 when it was transferred to China.Opening HSBC was like KCB establishing its Hq in North Eastern province at that time.
The truth is always in the details not the heading.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle