wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Golden State Warriors
Obi 1 Kanobi
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:29:53 PM

New record 73 win season!!!

The 72 win season 96 Bull record gone today/yesterday.

slightly overshadowed by the Black Mamba's 60 points in his last game

Any NBA followers in the house?
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Alba
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:44:28 PM

I was an ardent fan of the 72-win Bulls team back then. Jordan highlight reels on KBC made me a basketball fan back when I was an impressionable youngster. I have since stopped being a Jordan fan.

I can't help but tip my hat to Steph Curry. Experts say that not only is he the greatest shooter ever, but he is also the greatest ball handler. He set a record of 402 three pointers in one season which is insane !

Of course the new handcheck rules make guards more effective but the record is still impressive.

Interesting that when Curry played for Davidson, people thought he was a good player at NCAA level but would be an average player in the NBA.

As for Golden state, that ownership change has made a huge difference. The previous owner was not interested in winning at all. When it seemed like they were assembling a good team, he would break it up.

Alba
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:48:22 PM

By the way, Hasheem Thabeet of Tanzania and formerly of Laiser Hill academy was drafted 5 places ahead of Steph Curry. It will go down as one of the worst draft mistakes ever. Much worse than drafting Sam Bowie ahead of Micheal Jordan.
Calling Hasheem Thabeet a bust is being too kind. I would be shocked if the GM who drafted him still has a job in the NBA.
masukuma
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:50:02 PM

I grew up during the bulls' hey days! so I remember passionately following their conquests! And trying my hand on the b-ball court and not really doing well regardless of the passion and time put in. Records are meant to be broken... I am sure they are happy that they set a high bar. dub nation has certainly stepped up to the plate - good for them!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Obi 1 Kanobi
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:03:46 PM

Steph Curry kinda came out of nowhere 2 years ago.

By the way he achieved this playing against some all time greats, Lebron, Durant, Wade, C Paul etc nd in an insanely tough Western Conference. Spurs?

I think the GSW coach Steve Kerr was in the 96 Jordan Bulls, ama?
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
sitaki.kujulikana
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:07:49 PM

who is the superstar of nba nowadays, I remember akina johnson, jordan, kobe, shaq though I have never been a big follower. Nowadays I don't hear much buzz around anyone, sasa steve curry ni nani
merkava
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:12:16 PM

Steve Kerr yes was in the 1996 bulls team when they set that record and has broken it as coach of warriors 20yrs later which is a great achievement. Cant wait for the Play offs and with the form the warriors are in wel it most likely they might clinch it again this season however I would not rule cavaliers and spurs out yet. Playoffs will be great this year
Barikiwa tufanane
Mike Ock
#8 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 11:42:44 AM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
who is the superstar of nba nowadays, I remember akina johnson, jordan, kobe, shaq though I have never been a big follower. Nowadays I don't hear much buzz around anyone, sasa steve curry ni nani

It's Steph Curry, but unfortunately he doesn't have the "swag" of a superstar, so from a casual view, you wouldn't know what the big deal about him is. It's like Messi. A casual observer would wonder how that short, skinny, humble guy is the best player, but those who watch keenly know he's a wizard.
merkava
#9 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 12:47:56 PM

Well superstars in NBA, are quite a bunch kuna jamaa anaitwa MVB (most valuable beard) last season alikuwa moto wakuotea mbali lakini roundi hii play offs sidhani watatoboa. For a while now kuna jamaa anaitwa russel westbrook, I think he is arguably the best player I have seen since MJ. No offence to Curry coz he can shoot but I have always thot when he runs out of gun powder itakuwa mambo kwisha. I think curry will be best judged next season. Well others in my opinion who have been outstanding I would say King James of course-very consistent player, Davies, Leonard, Durant etc. the list is long
Barikiwa tufanane
Obi 1 Kanobi
#10 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 3:32:43 PM

Lebron, Steph Curry, Durant and Antony Davis are tops, next tier Westbrook,Paul George, Kawhi Leonard & Cousins
merkava
#11 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 5:25:21 PM

Westbrook doesn't have the best stats as it is this season, his shot has been off but the guy is aggressive both in offence and defense. He is a high flyer and does some pretty interesting things with the ball.
Barikiwa tufanane
Alba
#12 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 10:31:12 PM

Lebron is still the best player in the league. But he has a team that is injury prone and poor calibre:

- Kyrie Irving is always injured
- Kevin Love is often Injured plus he can't even guard a telephone booth
- The rest of the team is too incosistent.

Lebron carried Cleveland to the finals in 2015.
If Steph Curry had to carry Cleveland, I doubt he would take them to the finals. He is lucky to be playing with really good players around him. Even on the bench.
Kusadikika
#13 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 5:25:15 AM

Mike Ock wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

It's Steph Curry, but unfortunately he doesn't have the "swag" of a superstar, so from a casual view, you wouldn't know what the big deal about him is. It's like Messi. A casual observer would wonder how that short, skinny, humble guy is the best player, but those who watch keenly know he's a wizard.

Sitaki.kujulikana, I feel the same way. Though technically an excellent basketball player Stephen Curry lacks the razzmatazz personality of a self made superstar. He had a privileged upbringing as the son of a wealthy former NBA player and an accomplished mother. He lacks the epic life story of rising from nothing into somebody through grit and sheer willpower against great odds.

Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Shaq came from very kawaida backgrounds so their journey to the top is quite dramatic and more interesting to tell. Akina Kobe and Stephen Curry, you can only talk about their basketball so while people can admire and respect them not many can "feel" them.
merkava
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 8:52:05 AM

GS is playing Rockets tonite in the first round of playoffs, well this should be a very interesting match up if MVB, Superman can all step up
Barikiwa tufanane
merkava
#15 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2016 10:32:04 PM

GS won game one,tonite cavs are hosting pistons game live on ss9.nice game
Barikiwa tufanane
Alba
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 6:44:19 PM

I think Steph Curry hurt his knee because of playing with an existing injury. They shoulda just rested him for the Houston series.
merkava
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 1:42:26 PM

Semis East

Raptors vs Heat My prediction for East Finals is Heat Vs cavs
Cavs vs Hawks

CAVS will win the EAST

Semis West
OKC vs Spurs My prediction for West Finals is Spurs Vs Blazers
GWS vs Blazers

Spurs will win the West

The Finals will be Cavs vs Spurs and SPURS will take this season

Barikiwa tufanane
kediveKed
#18 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2016 2:33:20 PM

merkava wrote:
Semis East

Cavs vs Hawks

CAVS will win the EAST

Semis West
GWS vs Blazers

Spurs will win the West

Spurs are soo good its making me a GSW fan really worried. The stars (duncan. Kawhi Leonard are on top of their game. That said, I am hoping Durant,Ibaka and Westbrook can cause an upset. its tied 1-1 and i really hope these guys can beat spurs.

GSW play Portland on Saturday and fans are divided on whether curry should start the game. remember the last game against Houston the one he got injured how bad he was? personally, I am hopping he starts from the bench. Thompson and Draymond green can easily hold the trailblazers.

I really don't care what happens in the east as the east conference is rather bland.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#19 Posted : Friday, May 06, 2016 3:01:34 PM

kediveKed wrote:
merkava wrote:
Semis East

Cavs vs Hawks

CAVS will win the EAST

Semis West
GWS vs Blazers

Spurs will win the West

Spurs are soo good its making me a GSW fan really worried. The stars (duncan. Kawhi Leonard are on top of their game. That said, I am hoping Durant,Ibaka and Westbrook can cause an upset. its tied 1-1 and i really hope these guys can beat spurs.

GSW play Portland on Saturday and fans are divided on whether curry should start the game. remember the last game against Houston the one he got injured how bad he was? personally, I am hopping he starts from the bench. Thompson and Draymond green can easily hold the trailblazers.

I really don't care what happens in the east as the east conference is rather bland.

I was surprised by the Spurs last performance, Kawhi Leonard was rather flat and if not for Aldridge, they could have been seriously embarrassed.

The Spurs currently have an old feel to the team and I think OKC are seriously going for a series win here. OKC looks seriously dangerous and I hope they beat the boring efficient Spurs.

As to the eastern conference, thats where my heart lies, been watching D-Wade since his first championship season and he is my fav player. He is having a rich vein of form this post season and I am enjoying it as I expect it to not last.

I hope Miami atleast gets to play Cavs and push them to Game 7.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 4:36:37 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
kediveKed wrote:
merkava wrote:
Semis East

Cavs vs Hawks

CAVS will win the EAST

Semis West
GWS vs Blazers

Spurs will win the West

I was surprised by the Spurs last performance, Kawhi Leonard was rather flat and if not for Aldridge, they could have been seriously embarrassed.

The Spurs currently have an old feel to the team and I think OKC are seriously going for a series win here. OKC looks seriously dangerous and I hope they beat the boring efficient Spurs.

As to the eastern conference, thats where my heart lies, been watching D-Wade since his first championship season and he is my fav player. He is having a rich vein of form this post season and I am enjoying it as I expect it to not last.

I hope Miami atleast gets to play Cavs and push them to Game 7.

Seems it was never about the Spurs but rather an inspired series by OKC.

They have already stolen homecourt from GSW.

Will be a shocker if GSW don't win the ring after setting the regular season record and after every journo proclaiming S. Curry as the second coming of Messiah