hardwood
#81 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 5:35:42 PM

AlphDoti wrote:

Does David & John Deas sound Arab?

True, David and John don't sound arab.

AlphDoti
#82 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 5:47:54 PM

Quote:
I am making this post to let people know that we Africans weren’t that stupid to have sold our own brothers and sisters into slavery just like that. We were stupid to have allowed ourselves to be manipulated by the foreigners (my people used to refer to the white men as “white strangers” so pardon me if you see a “white stranger” in my post). We were stupid to have trusted the “white stranger” in the first place and we were stupid to have allowed the “white stranger” into our land. My people allowed the white strangers into our land because they (the White Strangers) said they “come in peace”.

My country Ghana in West Africa was a major Slave Trading Post (Headquarters) where slaves from different parts of Africa were brought and arranged before shipping abroad.

When the White strangers first came to Africa, We (my ancestors) were not sure about their intentions so most communities drove them away from their land but the White strangers managed to convince some of our traditional rulers that they had not come to cause any harm but just to preach the good news (the Bible) and also to trade with the local people

Wasn't the Trans-Saharan slave trade introduced by the Europeans?
Why don't we described it similarly by saying it was introduced by the coming of Christianity through the Europeans?
Ngalaka
#83 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 5:57:04 PM

Dr. Chuba Okadigbo wrote:
"If you are emotionally attached to your tribe, religion or political leaning to a point that truth and Justice become secondary considerations, your education is useless, your exposure is useless. If you can not reason beyond petty sentiments, you are a liability to mankind"

Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
harrydre
#84 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 2:37:41 PM

masukuma
#85 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 11:01:03 AM

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Lolest!
#86 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 12:44:56 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Quote:
I am making this post to let people know that we Africans weren’t that stupid to have sold our own brothers and sisters into slavery just like that. We were stupid to have allowed ourselves to be manipulated by the foreigners (my people used to refer to the white men as “white strangers” so pardon me if you see a “white stranger” in my post). We were stupid to have trusted the “white stranger” in the first place and we were stupid to have allowed the “white stranger” into our land. My people allowed the white strangers into our land because they (the White Strangers) said they “come in peace”.

My country Ghana in West Africa was a major Slave Trading Post (Headquarters) where slaves from different parts of Africa were brought and arranged before shipping abroad.

When the White strangers first came to Africa, We (my ancestors) were not sure about their intentions so most communities drove them away from their land but the White strangers managed to convince some of our traditional rulers that they had not come to cause any harm but just to preach the good news (the Bible) and also to trade with the local people

Wasn't the Trans-Saharan slave trade introduced by the Europeans?
Why don't we described it similarly by saying it was introduced by the coming of Christianity through the Europeans?

Trans Saharan had almost nothing to do with Europeans, Trans-Atlantic YES
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
harrydre
#87 Posted : Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:39:21 AM

harrydre
#88 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11:36:12 AM

harrydre
#89 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 12:38:00 PM

[Youtube]https://youtu.be/Z6YkljetTUI[/youtube]
i.am.back!!!!
mv_ufanisi
#90 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 1:39:44 PM

Africans who try to claim they are Jews e.g. Akorino or Arabs e.g. some Somalis will be quickly cured of this fallacy once they go to live in Israel or the Middle East.
AlphDoti
#91 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 3:49:27 PM

mv_ufanisi wrote:
Africans who try to claim they are Jews e.g. Akorino or Arabs e.g. some Somalis will be quickly cured of this fallacy once they go to live in Israel or the Middle East.

I have heard some Ethiopians claim the same as well. Shock on them!
tycho
#92 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 2:16:48 PM

History may be a struggle for narrative control among various parties. For example, the tussle for Jerusalem.

And perhaps to disturb the waters further, I posit that Jewishness is the remnant of ancient African philosophy as decay saw the bronze age transition to the iron age.

First, the tree of life, that is central to Jewish thought has its origins in pre-dynastic Egypt. The name 'Israel' is given when this tree is depicted in Jacob's dream. The name has an implication of a transition of ideas from Isis, Ra, to Elyon. Moses learnt his trade and being in Egypt. Ditto Jesus, the disputed Messiah.

Another piece of evidence I may give is Gikuyu, Akamba, Maasai ... or fairly recent tradition. The tree of life is still a persistent feature, and even more interesting, the mythology of Jacob and Esau is a common feature. For example among the Aini Nthengo, an Akamba clan, 'Mwito mwasa' - The giant, is fought by his younger brother. The motif is found in Maasai mythology too.

The coincidence of myth and symbol, and historical ties are adequate grounds for African claims to Jewishness.
mv_ufanisi
#93 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 4:54:25 PM

tycho wrote:
History may be a struggle for narrative control among various parties. For example, the tussle for Jerusalem.

And perhaps to disturb the waters further, I posit that Jewishness is the remnant of ancient African philosophy as decay saw the bronze age transition to the iron age.

First, the tree of life, that is central to Jewish thought has its origins in pre-dynastic Egypt. The name 'Israel' is given when this tree is depicted in Jacob's dream. The name has an implication of a transition of ideas from Isis, Ra, to Elyon. Moses learnt his trade and being in Egypt. Ditto Jesus, the disputed Messiah.

Another piece of evidence I may give is Gikuyu, Akamba, Maasai ... or fairly recent tradition. The tree of life is still a persistent feature, and even more interesting, the mythology of Jacob and Esau is a common feature. For example among the Aini Nthengo, an Akamba clan, 'Mwito mwasa' - The giant, is fought by his younger brother. The motif is found in Maasai mythology too.

The coincidence of myth and symbol, and historical ties are adequate grounds for African claims to Jewishness.

I don't see how this meets the criteria for solid evidence. What we have are a few cherrypicked similarities between Jewish and African culture. This is a very weak argument. I can list 1,000 similarities between a sheep and an elephant and then claim that they are actually just one and the same animal but that doesnt change the fact that there may be 10,000 differences.
Kikuyus are way much more similar to Luos, Kalenjin, Luhyas and Maasais than to Jews. Its the height of intellectual laziness to make such claims on such weak evidence.
You would have to present the myriad differences as well before your claim can be considered. We are still not yet living in an age of knowledge when you see how such claims are easily accepted.
tycho
#94 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 5:15:04 AM

@mv_ufanisi:

1. My argument is not based on similarity alone. It is based on what are regarded as historical facts of origination. The tree of life is an ancient Egyptian product exclusively, and the Jews get this idea from them.

2. Etymology goes beyond simple similarities. Israel has documented history in ancient Egypt

3. Mythologies of people and how they are selected are hardly accidental

4. Jewishness is defined in terms of mythology and practice and not simple genealogy

Sheep and elephants have eyes and ears. Both have tails, but the similarities can hardly be reduced to the above categories.
hardwood
#95 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 9:44:25 AM

One is born a jew, just like one is born an okuyo or joluo. You cant convert to become a jew, just like you cant convert to become an okuyo or joluo.
tycho
#96 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 9:52:15 AM

hardwood wrote:
One is born a jew, just like one is born an okuyo or joluo. You cant convert to become a jew, just like you cant convert to become an okuyo or joluo.

That's not true. It is possible to become a Jew by ratification from a rabbinic court.

Children born of a Jewish man and a non-Jewish woman may not be Jewish.

Even here in Kenya, a child born of a luo mother and a luhyia man, may end up being a Dorobo. Identity comes out of socialization, not parturition.
harrydre
#97 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:30:13 AM

hardwood wrote:

Ivanka Trump converted to a jew after she got married to the Kushner!
i.am.back!!!!
harrydre
#98 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:33:31 AM

Now who are these "Black Hebrew Israerites" that are anti semitic?

NKT! This world is complicated.
i.am.back!!!!
harrydre
#99 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2023 2:50:03 AM

are these ones safe or have been mistaken for hamas?
i.am.back!!!!