wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

98 Pages«<7778798081>»
directional forecast
obiero
#1561 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 8:09:31 AM

karasinga wrote:
Fundamental gurus. Let me know if I a getting this right.

Price adjustment after bonus issue= Market price ( last transaction price)/(1+bonus share%)

example COOP:
last transaction price =16.95
Bonus share %= 20% (1/5*100)

COOP price adjustment after bonus issue= 16.95/(1+0.2)
=16.95/1.2
=14.125
~14.13

Meaning fundamentally price below 14.13 is a discount

in learning mode. best wishes

That's true.. A simpler way to approach the calculation is to note that if a holding was worth KES 16,950 prior to the bonus.. The new holding should still be at the same level

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#1562 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 8:13:29 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:
COOP: bonus aftermath
Following yesterdays "thuggery"(>20% whack in PA with relatively low volume- SHIKU IS NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS ), we have this in play

As stated previously, these News might play out in the corrective wave 2..If demand zone holds, please note we shall have an extended wave 3 and the next temporary halt might be around 22Drool disclaimer. learning is taking place.
best wishes

@karasinga 1.3m traded yesterday is relatively low volume?

@ obiero. Depending on how you/I want to look at it, yes. Let me know if you need a chart example.

@karasinga I will need a COOP chart example, spread out over 6 months or 1 year

@Obiero accept and get back in, wacha maneno mingi!!!

Hehe.. Okay. Lakini sirudi saa hii, even though I note that the price is tempting. it's basically gone below the dividend as well as pre bonus quote

karasinga
#1563 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 9:57:21 AM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:
Following yesterdays "thuggery"(>20% whack in PA with relatively low volume- SHIKU IS NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS ), we have this in play

As stated previously, these News might play out in the corrective wave 2..If demand zone holds, please note we shall have an extended wave 3 and the next temporary halt might be around 22Drool disclaimer. learning is taking place.
best wishes

@ obiero. Depending on how you/I want to look at it, yes. Let me know if you need a chart example.

Hehe.. Okay. Lakini sirudi saa hii, even though I note that the price is tempting. it's basically gone below the dividend as well as pre bonus quote

@ obiero, what do you mean by "gone below the dividend" Tell it like you are telling a 2 year oldsmile or like this
It's not over until I win
skype id: karasinga. email: kkarasinga@gmail.com
obiero
#1564 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 10:05:23 AM

karasinga wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:

best wishes

@ obiero, what do you mean by "gone below the dividend" Tell it like you are telling a 2 year oldsmile or like this

Declared dividend was KES 0.80.. The share price cum dividend peaked at KES 17.6. Factoring the price ex dividend and ex bonus today reading KES 13.5, someone who opted to receive the dividend and bonus is at now shorter than the one who opted out.. But this could change in a few days time @karasinga I hope you are learning how to trade corporate announcements.. The MMs are hammering COOP with a specific target in mind. The current price is unrealistically low. KES 14.6 is fair value

winston
#1565 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 10:15:38 AM

karasinga wrote:
winston wrote:
@karasinga @hisah....what is the latest from the charts on NSE 20? Asante!

hello winston. I doubt if we have meet. Welcome to directional forecast. You are always welcome to post.

To your question.
hisah your take. For me still valid yesterday's index was at 3,583.41 points

@Karasinga - Many thanks. Nope we havent met. But have been on Wazua Republic for quite awhile (since 2010). Back to NSE 20 - from your chart next few weeeks are looking abit grim...waiting for @hisah thoughts.
muandiwambeu
#1566 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 10:39:12 AM

obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:

Price adjustment after bonus issue= Market price ( last transaction price)/(1+bonus share%)

example COOP:

=16.95/1.2
=14.125
~14.13

That's true.. A simpler way to approach the calculation is to note that if a holding was worth KES 16,950 prior to the bonus.. The new holding should still be at the same level

That's the magma of the matter. Thus, if prior bonus announcement, you could not touch co-op shares because they were trading at a premium, at price mp1 I will still not touch the monkey at price mp2>mp1 at bonus closer date. Even further, I will not touch the stock when it goes ex bonus at a price higher than mp1/(1+0.2) since bonus issue creates no additional value.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Horton
#1567 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 11:55:35 AM

obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:

example COOP:

=16.95/1.2
=14.125
~14.13

@karasinga. No the price below 14.13 would not be a discount off the bat. There are various valuation metrics and historical price or calculated price wouldnt be considered intrinsic value. I suggest you may want to get your hands on a book by Ben Graham & Dodd. Intelligent Investor and Security analysis then come up with your own hybrid valuation method
obiero
#1568 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 1:39:19 PM

Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:

example COOP:

=16.95/1.2
=14.125
~14.13

@karasinga. No the price below 14.13 would not be a discount off the bat. There are various valuation metrics and historical price or calculated price wouldnt be considered intrinsic value. I suggest you may want to get your hands on a book by Ben Graham & Dodd. Intelligent Investor and Security analysis then come up with your own hybrid valuation method

The Intelligent Investor is a must read.. I have it on my desktop

VituVingiSana
#1569 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 2:20:14 PM

obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:

example COOP:

=16.95/1.2
=14.125
~14.13

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Yet, someone buys crap known as KQ which doesn't meet any of the criteria set out by G&D.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#1570 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 2:27:34 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:

example COOP:

=16.95/1.2
=14.125
~14.13

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Yet, someone buys crap known as KQ which doesn't meet any of the criteria set out by G&D.

Hehe. May God heal your nasty tongue

karasinga
#1571 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 4:06:58 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:

example COOP:

=16.95/1.2
=14.125
~14.13

Thanks guy for your help. I have got Intelligent investor as we speak. https://i.imgur.com/m8zxpun.png.
@ horton. does "then come up with your own hybrid valuation method" mean there is no standardized format of calculating adjusted price after bonus? arbitrary..?
Everyday is a learning curve.
obiero
#1572 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 7:27:00 PM

karasinga wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:

example COOP:

=16.95/1.2
=14.125
~14.13

Thanks guy for your help. I have got Intelligent investor as we speak. https://i.imgur.com/m8zxpun.png.
@ horton. does "then come up with your own hybrid valuation method" mean there is no standardized format of calculating adjusted price after bonus? arbitrary..?
Everyday is a learning curve.

Well @karasinga.. We are well below the estimated chart levels. COOP trading at an immoral price of KES 13.5.. Wish I had the stomach for financial stocks

hisah
#1573 Posted : Tuesday, July 04, 2017 7:36:34 PM

winston wrote:
karasinga wrote:
winston wrote:
@karasinga @hisah....what is the latest from the charts on NSE 20? Asante!

hello winston. I doubt if we have meet. Welcome to directional forecast. You are always welcome to post.

To your question.
hisah your take. For me still valid yesterday's index was at 3,583.41 points

@Karasinga - Many thanks. Nope we havent met. But have been on Wazua Republic for quite awhile (since 2010). Back to NSE 20 - from your chart next few weeeks are looking abit grim...waiting for @hisah thoughts.

NSE20 retest zone is 3174. If bulls defend this zone and are able to push past 3747 then 2789 low will be confirmed as a support base and will signal a bottom. If it fails then 3000 needs to hold or the bottom will break down!

My issue is with FTSE NSE KE15 index. The level where it rebounded from doesn't have that look and feel of a solid floor. Between 200 and 214 level lies solid resistance (supply) layer dating back to 2015. The current rebound has fizzled out just before this tough zone. Immediate support lies at 175 handle then 165 before testing the floor of the rebound clustered at 141-147 zone. If the retest fails at 141 then 120 is the next target. My gut feeling on this index is the rebound will be rejected strongly now that mpesa bank has tested 23 handle.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
karasinga
#1574 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 6:26:33 AM

Thought of the day:
The market is never wrong in what it does; it just is right. Therefore, you as an individual trader interacting with the market—first as an observer to perceive opportunity, then as a participant executing a trade, contributing to the overall market behavior—have to confront an environment where only you can be wrong, and it's never the other way around. As a trader, you have to decide what is more important—being right or making money—because the two are not always compatible or consistent with one another.

The point here is that right and wrong as you may traditionally think of them don't exist in the market environment. Academic credentials, degrees, reputations, even a high I.Q. don't make you right in this environment as they would in society.

best wishes
obiero
#1575 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 7:49:40 AM

karasinga wrote:
Thought of the day:
The market is never wrong in what it does; it just is right. Therefore, you as an individual trader interacting with the market—first as an observer to perceive opportunity, then as a participant executing a trade, contributing to the overall market behavior—have to confront an environment where only you can be wrong, and it's never the other way around. As a trader, you have to decide what is more important—being right or making money—because the two are not always compatible or consistent with one another.

The point here is that right and wrong as you may traditionally think of them don't exist in the market environment. Academic credentials, degrees, reputations, even a high I.Q. don't make you right in this environment as they would in society.

best wishes

Well said..

Ebenyo
#1576 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 8:53:06 AM

karasinga wrote:
Thought of the day:

best wishes

as long as one makes money,the theory of whether he is right or wrong is non existent.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Horton
#1577 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 9:06:46 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
karasinga wrote:
Thought of the day:

best wishes

as long as one makes money,the theory of whether he is right or wrong is non existent.

So there is where the difference between technical and fundamentals. Fundamental investors reckon that mr market makes errors and is not always right and that is where the opportunity arises whereas the technical investors reckon that mr market is always right.
karasinga
#1578 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 9:39:47 AM

Horton wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
karasinga wrote:
Thought of the day:

best wishes

So there is where the difference between technical and fundamentals. Fundamental investors reckon that mr market makes errors and is not always right and that is where the opportunity arises whereas the technical investors reckon that mr market is always right.

Not really but it is an interesting argument you have there. I believe we have had almost the same discussion in the past and I wish you can have a look at this.
happy hunting
obiero
#1579 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 9:45:22 AM

karasinga wrote:
Horton wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
karasinga wrote:
Thought of the day:

best wishes

Not really but it is an interesting argument you have there. I believe we have had almost the same discussion in the past and I wish you can have a look at this.
happy hunting

A mix of the two methods is most advisable

Ebenyo
#1580 Posted : Wednesday, July 05, 2017 10:26:38 AM

obiero wrote:
karasinga wrote:
Horton wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
karasinga wrote:
Thought of the day:

best wishes

happy hunting

A mix of the two methods is most advisable

i agree with you.To succeed you really need to circumvent both.
Towards the goal of financial freedom