wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
City tram project to start in June
majimaji
#21 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 1:53:29 PM

kollabo wrote:
Quick question...

Who thinks Umoinner and Forward traveller cartels will accept this?

This will be the Uber of Umoinnersmile
washiku
#22 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 1:57:12 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Hii nitaamini nikiiona. These big promises are just so many. What happened to the 10,000kms of tarmacked roads in the villages?
majimaji
#23 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 2:00:40 PM

kollabo wrote:
Quick question...

Who thinks Umoinner and Forward traveller cartels will accept this?

This will be the Uber of Umoinnersmile
Lolest!
#24 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 2:20:47 PM

washiku wrote:

Hii nitaamini nikiiona. These big promises are just so many. What happened to the 10,000kms of tarmacked roads in the villages?

The aim could be to just start, ground breaking ceremony before Aug 2017

Siasasmile
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Iganamagana
#25 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 2:43:44 PM

washiku wrote:

This might be very easy in areas with existing Railway track. I have seen some crew repairing/rehabilitating a disused section at Witeithie (five Kilometers from Thika). I believe Thika has an old station. So has Limuru. I think the problem would be Ngong/Rongai area but I could also be wrong. Were these two served by the old (metric gauge?) Railway?

Last year, KURA advertised for rehabilitation of the 1.5km road to Thika Railway station and gave the timelines as one year if my memory serves me right.

Yote yawezekana.

Regarding the 10,000km village roads, they tried calling in bids but the prices were out of this world. I do not know how they are going to go about it.
washiku
#26 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 2:44:39 PM

Lolest! wrote:
washiku wrote:

Siasasmile

Then what happened if they win? Will UK be bothered to see it happen now that it will be his last term? What will be his motivation?smile smile
Lolest!
#27 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 2:45:44 PM

washiku wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
washiku wrote:

Siasasmile

Then what happened if they win? Will UK be bothered to see it happen now that it will be his last term? What will be his motivation?smile smile

legacy
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
washiku
#28 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 2:46:31 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
washiku wrote:

This might be very easy in areas with existing Railway track. I have seen some crew repairing/rehabilitating a disused section at Witeithie (five Kilometers from Thika). I believe Thika has an old station. So has Limuru. I think the problem would be Ngong/Rongai area but I could also be wrong. Were these two served by the old (metric gauge?) Railway?

Last year, KURA advertised for rehabilitation of the 1.5km road to Thika Railway station and gave the timelines as one year if my memory serves me right.

Yote yawezekana.

I love your faith...but I am afraid
kayhara
#29 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 3:30:37 PM

washiku wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
washiku wrote:

Yote yawezekana.

I love your faith...but I am afraid

they can start by increasing the frequency of the existing trains,say a train leaves thika every 2 or 3 hours hii ya morning and evening does not help much
To Each His Own
Swenani
#30 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 5:13:34 PM

Iganamagana wrote:
washiku wrote:

Yote yawezekana.

Regarding the 10,000km village roads, they tried calling in bids but the prices were out of this world. I do not know how they are going to go about it.

Surely, how will a tram operate on the existing rail network?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Impunity
#31 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 11:46:40 AM

Jun-2016 ndio hii inakaribia kuisha.
So they will build the tram in the next 10 days!?

Mtangoja sana and I tolf you.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Fyatu
#32 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 11:51:22 AM

Impunity wrote:

Hekaya za abunwasi manenos...........to kidero, Joho and others the mantra is "HAPA DOMO NA WIZI TU!"
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Impunity
#33 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 12:21:37 PM

Swenani wrote:
Iganamagana wrote:
washiku wrote:

Yote yawezekana.

Surely, how will a tram operate on the existing rail network?

Highly possible but the tracks will need serious panel beating and elecrified since 99% of the world commercial Tramways are electrified...the trams are elecrically powered.

Then a very good and modern operation control center will have to be established to prevent a collision with the Lunatic Express which will still be using the same tracks.

Impunity
#34 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 12:23:46 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Impunity wrote:

Hekaya za abunwasi manenos...........to kidero, Joho and others the mantra is "HAPA DOMO NA WIZI TU!"

Well, this was promised by non other than the Kutenga duo.

@Kidero is still fine tuning the Citeh blue print.
smile