wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Manilla farm investment
timuka
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:15:58 PM

Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Is there anyone who can confirm the legitimacy of this opportunity. With 6% rate of return per month and 280k min investment that means by the end of one year ntakua nimerudisha 201k. I'm I missing something here??

Following...thanks @Anbu for introducing this topic here, been pondering about it for sometime now
mugz
#22 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 3:49:37 PM

Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Is there anyone who can confirm the legitimacy of this opportunity. With 6% rate of return per month and 280k min investment that means by the end of one year ntakua nimerudisha 201k. I'm I missing something here??

@anbu, i passed by their offices and in summary, this is the info i got.

1. You pay the full amount into their account before being allocated a healthy pregnant heifer.
2. They will start paying 16,800/= after 3 months from the date you sign an agreement with them. This will continue for a period of 10 months after calving. They will also pay the cash on the 3rd day of every month without fail.
3. The calf born belongs to them.
4. If the cow happens to produce more than the 40 litres, the extra belongs to them. Also, if they sell the milk for more than the 30/=, the extra still belongs to them.
5. They will at all times ensure the cows are insured and in case of death, they will strive to replace within 30 days
6. You are not allowed to share or discuss any info gained from the farm with anyone....nor shall you poach their staff lol!
7. You can terminate the contract upon expiry of 4 months but after giving a two months notice. They then give you back your initial cash bila interest.
8. Scenario B where you buy 5 cows from them (minimum) then they manage it for you is the worst of the options coz they control every aspect and only pay your monthly dues as agreed. And ooh, a mandatory requirement is that you own a half acre piece of land!

Verdict: These guys are just out to exploit by using your capital to run their ops. Smart way of going about it if you ask me!!

sparkly
#23 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 4:27:41 PM

mugz wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

1. You pay the full amount into their account before being allocated a healthy pregnant heifer.
2. They will start paying 16,800/= after 3 months from the date you sign an agreement with them. This will continue for a period of 10 months after calving. They will also pay the cash on the 3rd day of every month without fail.
4. If the cow happens to produce more than the 40 litres, the extra belongs to them. Also, if they sell the milk for more than the 30/=, the extra still belongs to them.
5. They will at all times ensure the cows are insured and in case of death, they will strive to replace within 30 days
6. You are not allowed to share or discuss any info gained from the farm with anyone....nor shall you poach their staff lol!
7. You can terminate the contract upon expiry of 4 months but after giving a two months notice. They then give you back your initial cash bila interest.
8. Scenario B where you buy 5 cows from them (minimum) then they manage it for you is the worst of the options coz they control every aspect and only pay your monthly dues as agreed. And ooh, a mandatory requirement is that you own a half acre piece of land!

Verdict: These guys are just out to exploit by using your capital to run their ops. Smart way of going about it if you ask me!!

Looks like they are earning much more than they should. They are essentially providing cow/farm management services. In such arrangements the Manager would ordinarily take a commission of between 5%-20% of the costs/ revenue.

This is like a real estate agent saying that he will own one or two apartments in your block after providing you with rent collection services for 1 year.
Life is short. Live passionately.
enyands
#24 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 5:50:09 PM

mugz wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

These guys have a new product of its kind. That's ok and innovative thinking. But a cow delivers one every 2 years. So if you have them for 3 years they will pay you off and have 2 times larger dairy farm out of just simply acting like wacky hedge fund managers.
Then you aren't supposed to tell anyone what you will be getting. This is just nothing but non sense. Businesses should be transparent if they have to succeed. What's the essence anyway of keeping it as a secret anyway?

I can smell a ka DECI in the cooking
timuka
#25 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 5:50:29 PM

mugz wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Thanks @Mugs for the info. From your assessment, do you think they would allow the owner of the cow to take away the milk and instead pay them a management fee plus production costs?
timuka
#26 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 5:54:00 PM

mugz wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

Thanks @Mugs for the info. From your assessment, do you think they would allow the owner of the cow to take away the milk and instead pay them a management fee plus production costs?
mugz
#27 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 12:59:01 PM

timuka wrote:
mugz wrote:
Anbu wrote:
Hi Wazuans,

@timuka, from our discussion it was very clear that the cow belongs to them. So i doubt they would allow you to sell off the milk. The only scenario where you fully own the cows is option B (discussed above)but only after the 2 year contract lapses.
Risasi Sufuri
#28 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 5:44:00 PM

Its shaving time.....The bandit economy thread also provides some insights!!

mkenyan
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:46:49 PM

and there is this: cma puts brakes on property crowd-funding plan

Quote:
propertyzote have not placed advertisements of the offer but the cma can still classify their act as a public offer under the act which defines “offer to the public” to include “an offer which is made to any section of the public, whether selected as members or debenture holders of a body corporate, or as clients of the person making the offer, or in any other manner, is to be regarded as made to the public.”
Chaka
#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:09:32 PM

@mugz,
So these guys have pregnant heifers "waiting" for investors?Who is selling the heifers here?
On #2,upon signing the agreement ,the heifer should calf in 3 months? 16,800*10=168,000..What happens after the 10 months?
Ash Ock
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:36:04 AM

Another "golden opportunity" bites the dust, just in time to start campaigning for 2017.

Farmers lose millions in cow import fraud

Quote:
At least 140 people say they have lost their hard-earned cash to a firm purporting to sell cows imported from South Africa.

Manilla Farm, a Nairobi based company, promised the farmers they would get cows which are seven months pregnant for Sh280,000.

It gave them the option of buying the holstein friesians on hire purchase by placing a deposit of Sh35,000 and paying a monthly premium of Sh8,000 for three years in addition to a Sh11,270 insurance fee for each cow, which was said to have a milk production capacity of 45 litres a day.

Those interviewed by the Daily Nation say they saw the advertisement in the local dailies from mid last year, paid for the pedigree cow in October last year but are yet to get the cows.

They said their efforts to get an explanation from Manilla had been futile since they were always told to be patient.

“I even reported the matter to police, I wrote a statement, then was referred back to the office, which has been taking me round in circles,” Mr Nduati Githere, who says he had paid a deposit of Sh105,000 for three cows and an insurance fee for two at Sh22,540.

Central Police Criminal Investigations chief Zachary Nangulu said: “The matter has been reported to us. We are on top of things and we are tracking the farm’s bosses. We will make arrests soon.”

OFFICES EMPTY

The Nation on Tuesday found the Manilla offices, next to the Meridian Hotel, locked.

A security guard said the owners had recently packed up and moved, adding that he had witnessed a number of people breaking down at the gate after discovering they had lost their money.

Mr David Mwaniki from Kajiado said he paid a deposit of Sh121,000 for three cows and Sh35,000 for insurance, besides spending a further Sh200,000 on cow sheds made to Manilla Farm’s specifications.

Mr Lucas Oluoch from Siaya County said he had lost Sh92,500 while Ms Sarah Karimi from Karen said he had paid the farm Sh46,200 and spent Sh200,000 on construction.

They said they reported the matter to police who conducted a search which revealed that the Farm was registered under Emilio Kibui Mwangi.

They had tried to reach Mr Mwangi but both his mobile phone lines were switched off and he did not answer text messages, emails or Facebook messages, they said.

A simple search on Google showed that Mr Mwangi contested the Othaya Parliamentary seat in 2013 under the Farmers Party and lost to Mary Wambui, the current MP.

“It was an expensive exercise, an exercise in futility, it pains a lot,” said Mr Githere, who added that he had sold five cows to make room for the new ones.
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
Lolest!
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:43:58 AM

Sad how greedy Kenyans are discouraging enterprise.

Somebody sold all his cows to make ways for the high breed onesSad
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
popat
#33 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:44:22 AM

And it came to pass.I thought after Deci and Goodlife these niendathals would give Kenyans a break.Who will safe Wanjiku?
wazuaguest
#34 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:43:16 AM

Kweli Wazua guys will vet for you any venture free of charge
Africa belongs to Africans.
Anbu
#35 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 2:41:44 AM

A real shameSad
The struggle continues
murchr
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 5:58:46 AM

Ash Ock wrote:
Another "golden opportunity" bites the dust, just in time to start campaigning for 2017.

Farmers lose millions in cow import fraud

Quote:
At least 140 people say they have lost their hard-earned cash to a firm purporting to sell cows imported from South Africa.

Manilla Farm, a Nairobi based company, promised the farmers they would get cows which are seven months pregnant for Sh280,000.

It gave them the option of buying the holstein friesians on hire purchase by placing a deposit of Sh35,000 and paying a monthly premium of Sh8,000 for three years in addition to a Sh11,270 insurance fee for each cow, which was said to have a milk production capacity of 45 litres a day.

Those interviewed by the Daily Nation say they saw the advertisement in the local dailies from mid last year, paid for the pedigree cow in October last year but are yet to get the cows.

They said their efforts to get an explanation from Manilla had been futile since they were always told to be patient.

“I even reported the matter to police, I wrote a statement, then was referred back to the office, which has been taking me round in circles,” Mr Nduati Githere, who says he had paid a deposit of Sh105,000 for three cows and an insurance fee for two at Sh22,540.

Central Police Criminal Investigations chief Zachary Nangulu said: “The matter has been reported to us. We are on top of things and we are tracking the farm’s bosses. We will make arrests soon.”

OFFICES EMPTY

The Nation on Tuesday found the Manilla offices, next to the Meridian Hotel, locked.

A security guard said the owners had recently packed up and moved, adding that he had witnessed a number of people breaking down at the gate after discovering they had lost their money. Pray

Mr David Mwaniki from Kajiado said he paid a deposit of Sh121,000 for three cows and Sh35,000 for insurance, besides spending a further Sh200,000 on cow sheds made to Manilla Farm’s specifications.

Mr Lucas Oluoch from Siaya County said he had lost Sh92,500 while Ms Sarah Karimi from Karen said he had paid the farm Sh46,200 and spent Sh200,000 on construction.

They said they reported the matter to police who conducted a search which revealed that the Farm was registered under Emilio Kibui Mwangi.

They had tried to reach Mr Mwangi but both his mobile phone lines were switched off and he did not answer text messages, emails or Facebook messages, they said.

A simple search on Google showed that Mr Mwangi contested the Othaya Parliamentary seat in 2013 under the Farmers Party and lost to Mary Wambui, the current MP.

“It was an expensive exercise, an exercise in futility, it pains a lot,” said Mr Githere, who added that he had sold five cows to make room for the new ones.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Pray I am sorry I have to laugh at this but, its very funny.

@Ash Ock, you are very good at 'catching' this kind of ripoffs
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Swenani
#37 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 9:01:37 AM

lol

Quote:
Mr Moses Mbugua, a director of the Westbank Construction Company, was contracted by the Nairobi based firm to construct cow sheds for farmers at various places in Kenya, but is yet to receive payment nine months after he completed the project.

Hogwosh jonalism, The header claims he lost 10 Mirrion but the article states it's 3.5 mirrion

Quote:
I entered into a contract with the Manilla farm in July last year to build cow sheds for farmers. They said they were helping the farmers acquire high yield milk cows,” he said, claiming he had spent Sh3.5 million to put up the sheds
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
popat
#38 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 11:24:57 AM

Swenani wrote:
lol

Quote:
Mr Moses Mbugua, a director of the Westbank Construction Company, was contracted by the Nairobi based firm to construct cow sheds for farmers at various places in Kenya, but is yet to receive payment nine months after he completed the project.

Hogwosh jonalism, The header claims he lost 10 Mirrion but the article states it's 3.5 mirrion

Quote:
I entered into a contract with the Manilla farm in July last year to build cow sheds for farmers. They said they were helping the farmers acquire high yield milk cows,” he said, claiming he had spent Sh3.5 million to put up the sheds

And you wonder why people get killed without anything being stolen from then.Ni watu wanatambia kam hizi za kishenzi.You can be sure this Mbugua guy will never be the same again after this.
faa
#39 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 12:52:31 PM

popat wrote:
Swenani wrote:
lol

Quote:

Quote:

And you wonder why people get killed without anything being stolen from then.Ni watu wanatambia kam hizi za kishenzi.You can be sure this Mbugua guy will never be the same again after this.

Not really...you cant be sure...people lose money and make more..
majimaji
#40 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 2:07:04 PM

(I)Don't know whether to laugh or cry. How do even educated people fall for these con games?