wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
SK Charity Club: A call for help
washiku
#21 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 10:32:21 AM

Guys, you have proved that with sufficient love in our hearts, there is nothing we cant achieve here on earth. Four kids are now in school learning because of you.

washiku
#22 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 2:37:07 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:
Today is the day.. All our 3 new kids report to school. We pray for journey mercies and for a wonderful 4yrs ahead! God is great...

Vyulya girls for Ann the orphan girl from Masii...

Maranda boys for Brian, the boy with an ailing single Mum from Mumias...

Kisumu boys for Dennis, the boy from Mathare with a widowed Mum....

The above was only possible through team effort. You are all blessed people!

We shall walk with them in this journey, God willing. We shall keep coming back to beg, almost every term. For now, if you have something to spare, please send as we plan for second term. We know its a sacrifice, so whatever amount you can squeeze is welcome.

Applause Applause Good Job Washiku and team.
I will send through something for the kids.
Are there plans to mentor the kids in addition to the financial assistance?Wazua is rich with individuals who can help the kids choose the right career and guide them on how to build these careers.

@Peter, you are right. The support goes beyond cash. We had mentioned it earlier, see the quote below. Would you be willing to mentor a boy?
Thank you for your support. God bless you.

washiku wrote:
The fourth kid is now in 2nd form. The team has pushed her for the first year successfully. The support is usually more intense. It includes mentoring the kids, following up on their performance, attending their parents' days etc. It goes beyond the financial/material.

Thank you members who have sacrificed this far to empower the future generation in their small ways.
PeterReborn
#23 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 3:00:38 PM

washiku wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:
Today is the day.. All our 3 new kids report to school. We pray for journey mercies and for a wonderful 4yrs ahead! God is great...

We shall walk with them in this journey, God willing. We shall keep coming back to beg, almost every term. For now, if you have something to spare, please send as we plan for second term. We know its a sacrifice, so whatever amount you can squeeze is welcome.

Are there plans to mentor the kids in addition to the financial assistance?Wazua is rich with individuals who can help the kids choose the right career and guide them on how to build these careers.

@Peter, you are right. The support goes beyond cash. We had mentioned it earlier, see the quote below. Would you be willing to mentor a boy?

washiku wrote:
The fourth kid is now in 2nd form. The team has pushed her for the first year successfully. The support is usually more intense. It includes mentoring the kids, following up on their performance, attending their parents' days etc. It goes beyond the financial/material.

Thank you members who have sacrificed this far to empower the future generation in their small ways.

Thanks Washiku.Yes,it is something I would love to do.I am already doing mentor-ship in Man enough and I wouldn't mind mentoring him.Please send me details at peterreborn10@gmail.com.
Consistency is better than intensity
washiku
#24 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 3:46:28 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:

washiku wrote:

Thanks Washiku.Yes,it is something I would love to do.I am already doing mentor-ship in Man enough and I wouldn't mind mentoring him.Please send me details at peterreborn10@gmail.com.

Okay. Someone will contact you on email. smile
nakujua
#25 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 3:50:51 PM

great input from all, I am sure the kids will always remember and appreciate the noble gesture.
As time goes by mentor-ship becomes important, including exposing the kids to those careers they dream of, so that as they continue with the studies they have a rough idea of what their dreams entail.
PeterReborn
#26 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 3:58:54 PM

washiku wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:

washiku wrote:

Applause Applause Thanks
PeterReborn
#27 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 4:01:53 PM

nakujua wrote:
great input from all, I am sure the kids will always remember and appreciate the noble gesture.
As time goes by mentor-ship becomes important, including exposing the kids to those careers they dream of, so that as they continue with the studies they have a rough idea of what their dreams entail.

Agreed 100%.Asante kwa kazi nzuri
alwalad
#28 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:16:53 PM

Applause Applause Applause
nakujua
#29 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:27:56 PM

PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:
PeterReborn wrote:
washiku wrote:

washiku wrote:

Applause Applause Thanks

@PeterReborn, ahsante sana, noted your interest in helping the kids especially the mentors part, will keep you updated on the arrangements - we are still working out a formula/structure for the same.
washiku
#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2016 3:19:28 PM

Hello Good People.

This course is still on. As mentioned earlier, we shall run with it till they are out of school. Therefore, as you plan your finances this month and the months to come, if you can afford to squeeze some money out of your expenses to this course, it shall go a long way.

Thank you for your continued support.

washiku
#31 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 10:15:51 AM

Happy Easter Friends. Enjoy to the best.

Remember this course is still on. You may send whatever you can spare and it will go a long way in supporting our kids to the next level.

God bless.
washiku
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 2:44:23 AM

Hello People...Below is how the young kids performed in first term:

Dennis Omondi, B+
Ann Mumbua, B+
Brian Okumu, A
Magdalene Mwongeli B-

Thank you once more for all who made the first term a success. We are asking kindly that in the same spirit you help where you can for term two. We have so far collected about 42k. We are still short of about 40k. Imagine that is all we need to see them through another successful term.

It shouldn't be too hard to hack guys. It would only take 20 guys sending 2k each and we are good to go.

Kindly Mpesa through 0721409351 or call him to arrange on how else you would want to support.

God bless.
washiku
#33 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 12:00:57 AM

Many thanks for those who have responded so positively. We are now at 69k. Keep going...Be blessed.
washiku
#34 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 12:14:31 PM

Hi all...Once again Many thanks for those who have kept sending their support. We are now at 78k. Very positive that the four kids will get back to school this term successfully. Keep going...and be blessed.
washiku
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 8:55:04 AM

Hello good people,

I am back; same story. UPDATE: Thanks to your generosity and kindness, the four kids will be among the hundrends of thousands of kids reporting back to school. THANK YOU is not enough to express our gratitude. God bless you.

We now embark on the next and final term of the year. It shall be well.

washiku
#36 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2016 11:39:09 AM

Habari zenu nyinyi...

Just a polite reminder that this course is still on. We are now looking for 3rd school fees. We are kindly requesting that as you plan you budget, please include the SK Charity Club. You may squeeze a few areas here and there and send the savings you can afford to MpoleSana @ 0721409351
harrydre
#37 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:18:33 PM

washiku wrote:
Habari zenu nyinyi...

Just a polite reminder that this course is still on. We are now looking for 3rd school fees. We are kindly requesting that as you plan you budget, please include the SK Charity Club. You may squeeze a few areas here and there and send the savings you can afford to MpoleSana @ 0721409351

@washiku, we used to receive email updates every so often. What happened?
i.am.back!!!!
newfarer
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 9:19:36 PM

harrydre wrote:
washiku wrote:
Habari zenu nyinyi...

Most up-to-date information on the sk charity whatapps group. Now they are registered registered trust just awaiting the certificate of trust registration from land ministry. All kids still in school and doing well
punda amecheka
newfarer
#39 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 9:23:09 PM

harrydre wrote:
washiku wrote:
Habari zenu nyinyi...

Most up-to-date information on the sk charity whatapps group. Now they are registered trust with a board of 8 trustees (all Wazuans) just awaiting the certificate of trust registration from land ministry. All kids still in school and doing well
punda amecheka
Swenani
#40 Posted : Sunday, November 06, 2016 11:47:43 AM

Mukiri wrote:
It is more blessed to give....

Digression kidogo (with apologies), it is one thing to continually raise funds, but, like those who've worked in some NGOs can attest,coffers can run dry. It might be worthy raising a lumpsum amount, starting a mbiachara (ata kama ni trading stocks) and having proceeds accruing thereof, going into meeting the childrens expenses. Sorry for digressing.

@Washiku and @Nakujua was the above option considered?

Is it possible for wazuans to raise Kshs 5 million to be invested? even with a measly return of 5% would be sufficient to cater for 4 or 5 kids annual school fees

Pledges
1. Nakujua
2.Washiku
3.Hamburglar
4. Mike Ock
5. Horton
5. Swenani-100K
6.Guka
endeleza list
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?