wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages<12345>»
Uganda Elections
kysse
#41 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 6:43:54 PM

Hurray.Besigye will never rule uganda.
Ugandans want change but besigye is not the perfect choice.
Reminds me of another country.
kaka2za
#42 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 8:18:37 PM

Coming up soon. ..campaign to remove the age limit !
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
kaka2za
#43 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 10:41:23 PM

Del
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
tycho
#44 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 11:05:14 PM

If a leader wants to rule a country for as long as possible even beyond existing limits then it's possible he's seen a valid reason for it. http://www.theguardian.c...t-fourth-term-referendum
masukuma
#45 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 11:41:24 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Coming up soon. ..campaign to remove the age limit !

The people have decided!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
washiku
#46 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 12:42:26 AM

Njung'e
#47 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 11:27:51 AM

Tokyo wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Be kind Laughing out loudly be kind

Thank God he lost. His face is good enough to scare foreign investors.smile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
XSK
#48 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 7:15:59 PM

washiku wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Ahmed akuwe mpole
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
hardwood
#49 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 7:37:59 PM

We can see how the Besigye house arrest has worked wonders since it prevented calls for mass action to protest the results. Important lesson for Kenya going forward. If only Kibaki was that bold in 2007/8?
Nandwa
#50 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:10:06 PM

Alba wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Both PNU and ODM sides of the grand COLLUSION gava campaigned for M7 in 2010

That may be true. I do not know. If they did then shame on them. I will believe you when you provide objective evidence.

I find it difficult to believe that Raila would support museveni yet according to the Nation and according to wikileaks, the two became enemies in 2007

Also the two differed sharply over the issue of migingo island.

My biggest issue however is the act of going to Uganda to encourage ethnic divisions and ethnic based voting. Uganda has had some horrific ethnic cleansing in the past. Museveni himself is guilty of of committing atrocities. Ugandans should be encouraged to vote on issues. Blindly voting on tribal basis is bogus and can lead to ethnic strife.

As I have said many times, blind allegiance to your tribe is silly because only the elites are benefitting. Most wazuans are not eating. Most of you will not see any of the ksh 791 million that has dissappeared from Waiguru's ministry. So your blind loyalty to your tribal chiefs is bogus.

Also blind loyalty to tribal chiefs is the key reason for PEV 2008 and the so called land clashes of the 1990s.

I wish someone would give this message to Ugandans. They should not let Ruto mislead them to a path of destruction.

In 2012 Raila invited, hosted and feted Museveni in Kisumu - a widely publicised affair.

Raila hosted Museveni in Kisumu

Museveni in Bondo
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
masukuma
#51 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:23:14 PM

hardwood wrote:
We can see how the Besigye house arrest has worked wonders since it prevented calls for mass action to protest the results. Important lesson for Kenya going forward. If only Kibaki was that bold in 2007/8?

if you think the Kenyan military is the same animal as the Ugandan army - you are greatly mistaken.
kysse
#52 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:35:02 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Be kind Laughing out loudly be kind

Thank God he lost. His face is good enough to scare foreign investors.smile

Do you know the relationship between hisi wifu and .Years back in the foresti the two were the greatesti of friends.Both carry blood in their handi.And then shit happened.One went to stati housi and.. it has never beeni the samu again.

Banange I don't know how they willo be heloped.
kysse
#53 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 11:03:57 PM

[quote=tycho]If a leader wants to rule a country for as long as possible even beyond existing limits then it's possible he's seen a valid reason for it. http://www.theguardian.c...-fourth-term-referendum[/quote]

I agree. African politics are quite intriguing.
Oil deals and Investors are friends we find difficult to tame so we end up looking like war mongers.
If ug hasnt made significant development like kenya #helmet# they have a right to demand for change.But choosing a wrong leader because we dislike the incumbent is africa's scapegoat.
better the saitan you know.

maka
#54 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 6:59:08 AM

kysse wrote:
[quote=tycho]If a leader wants to rule a country for as long as possible even beyond existing limits then it's possible he's seen a valid reason for it. http://www.theguardian.c...-fourth-term-referendum[/quote]

Oil deals and Investors are friends we find difficult to tame so we end up looking like war mongers.
If ug hasnt made significant development like kenya #helmet# they have a right to demand for change.But choosing a wrong leader because we dislike the incumbent is africa's scapegoat.

There is no excuse whatsoever for someone to be in power for 35 years...Non.
possunt quia posse videntur
masukuma
#55 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 8:49:35 AM

maka wrote:
kysse wrote:

pole sana...
tycho
#56 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 10:46:33 AM

maka wrote:
kysse wrote:

Those who rule don't need excuses to justify their rule, and neither do they need to appeal to the sensibilities of the weak and powerless.
sitaki.kujulikana
#57 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 11:21:42 AM

Nandwa wrote:
Alba wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Both PNU and ODM sides of the grand COLLUSION gava campaigned for M7 in 2010

That may be true. I do not know. If they did then shame on them. I will believe you when you provide objective evidence.

I find it difficult to believe that Raila would support museveni yet according to the Nation and according to wikileaks, the two became enemies in 2007

Also the two differed sharply over the issue of migingo island.

My biggest issue however is the act of going to Uganda to encourage ethnic divisions and ethnic based voting. Uganda has had some horrific ethnic cleansing in the past. Museveni himself is guilty of of committing atrocities. Ugandans should be encouraged to vote on issues. Blindly voting on tribal basis is bogus and can lead to ethnic strife.

As I have said many times, blind allegiance to your tribe is silly because only the elites are benefitting. Most wazuans are not eating. Most of you will not see any of the ksh 791 million that has dissappeared from Waiguru's ministry. So your blind loyalty to your tribal chiefs is bogus.

Also blind loyalty to tribal chiefs is the key reason for PEV 2008 and the so called land clashes of the 1990s.

I wish someone would give this message to Ugandans. They should not let Ruto mislead them to a path of destruction.

In 2012 Raila invited, hosted and feted Museveni in Kisumu - a widely publicised affair.

Raila hosted Museveni in Kisumu

Museveni in Bondo

Laughing out loudly how dare you produce objective evidence / facts that are not aligned with @albas views, don't you know his views are final and the only truth out there.
That must be a fabricated story, or its kibaki who forced him to do it, after all, at that time he was just a kibakis government representative.
muganda
#58 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 11:58:12 AM

Evidently when a man seats down, unbiased, to write down his thoughts, he can attain levels of insight that he can never rise to in Action.

Yoweri K Museveni had such insight in 1986 verbatim on page 279 of his book:
“The problem of Africa in general and Uganda in particular is not the people but leaders who want to overstay in power”

Lolest!
#59 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 12:16:23 PM

muganda wrote:
Evidently when a man seats down, unbiased, to write down his thoughts, he can attain levels of insight that he can never rise to in Action.

Yoweri K Museveni had such insight in 1986 verbatim on page 279 of his book:
“The problem of Africa in general and Uganda in particular is not the people but leaders who want to overstay in power”

Maybe he believes he has not overstayed...compared to Nguema & Mugabesmile
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#60 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 12:20:26 PM

masukuma wrote:
maka wrote:
kysse wrote:
tycho wrote:
If a leader wants to rule a country for as long as possible even beyond existing limits then it's possible he's seen a valid reason for it. http://www.theguardian.c...-fourth-term-referendum

pole sana...

The problem with longevity is that such nations tend to know no other way of being held together/united. When the grand man goes down, so does the country

Our system with all its flaws is better
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray