wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
The Grand Slams 2016
bkismat
#1 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 6:56:01 PM

Serena Williams on the verge of history might win her 22nd Grand Slam.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
butterflyke
#2 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 10:15:26 PM

She will definitely clinch it...would be even greater for her to surpass Steffi Graff's record....
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
bkismat
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 2:12:03 PM

Serena beaten.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
butterflyke
#4 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 11:07:41 AM

bkismat wrote:
Serena beaten.

Glad I missed the match...I would have been even more disappointed.....aisuru
McReggae
#5 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 11:31:49 AM

butterflyke wrote:
bkismat wrote:
Serena beaten.

Glad I missed the match...I would have been even more disappointed.....aisuru

That match depended on who was hungrier, Serena for her 22nd and the Nazi for her 1st!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Ric dees
#6 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 7:01:58 PM

The greatest ever..this was always going to be tough due to the person she was competing with that is Serena. Its not easy mentally to overcome the cusp of greatness, same way she faltered in the US Open, expect to see more of this, but eventually she will tie and surpass Steffi Graf's record.

The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday's logic.
kiriita
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 9:41:27 PM

Soon after winning his 9th Monte Carlo Masters title, Rafa has today won his 9th Barcelona Open. Watched him against Murray in the former and he was impressive.

Methinks it's safe to say that Nadal is back.... which should worry the Djoker [who was dumped out in R2 in Monaco] as regards the maiden French Open he wants so badly ...
McReggae
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2016 12:51:13 PM

Wimbledon:
I look forward to an all Wlliams ladies single finals and Murray sending Federer to retirement on Sunday. The men's QFs jana were epic!!!
Njung'e
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2016 1:38:04 PM

McReggae wrote:
Wimbledon:
I look forward to an all Wlliams ladies single finals and Murray sending Federer to retirement on Sunday. The men's QFs jana were epic!!!

An all Williams final will not happen. Venus will, without doubt, be sent home by Angelique Kerber. In the other match, Serena will battle it out with hot shot, Vesnina, who has been very impressive this far. It will not be easy and even though Serena has the better chance to advance, i see a match that will go over 21.5, maybe a third set. I predict that the final will be between Serena and Angelique.

In the men's, i won't be surprised if, Milos Raonic storms past Federer to meet Andy in the final.

In the WTA doubles, i certainly will back Hingis and Mirza, while in the ATP, the final will likely be between Ram Ranjeev/Klassen and Herbert and Mahut.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
McReggae
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2016 2:28:31 PM

Federer out early is good for me, I'm nostalgic about Venus, the reason I want her in the finals!
butterflyke
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2016 5:38:40 PM

McReggae wrote:
Federer out early is good for me, I'm nostalgic about Venus, the reason I want her in the finals!

Me too....the Fed sent home early will not be a bad thing but I guess a Murray-Fed final will be interesting too.

@Guka, Vesnina alikuja kucheza kati akaonyeshwa exit point smile

@McReggae, I'd like to see an all Williams final which will probably end up with Serena winning but I do not see that happening now. Kerber will send Venus home.
murchr
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2016 6:08:31 PM

McReggae wrote:
Wimbledon:

Federer bado akona stamina mzeiya.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#13 Posted : Friday, July 08, 2016 6:40:10 PM

Ouch
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Njung'e
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 2:12:28 PM

murchr wrote:
Ouch

Laughing out loudly . I was dumb enough to put my money on Milos and it turned out well. Andy will take advantage of his huge serve to beat Milos infront of home fans. Herbert/Mahut should have no problem beating Benneteau/Vasselin, while i expect Serena/Venus to take the doubles over Timea/Shevdova.....Now, Serena vs KerberPray . I wish Serena well but i can't put my money on her. I certainly think we will see a tie breaker in one set.
murchr
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 5:12:13 PM

Njung'e wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ouch

Laughing out loudly . I was dumb enough to put my money on Milos and it turned out well. Andy will take advantage of his huge serve to beat Milos infront of home fans. Herbert/Mahut should have no problem beating Benneteau/Vasselin, while i expect Serena/Venus to take the doubles over Timea/Shevdova.....Now, Serena vs KerberPray . I wish Serena well but i can't put my money on her. I certainly think we will see a tie breaker in one set.

Kerber is tough, Pray
Njung'e
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 5:18:46 PM

murchr wrote:
Njung'e wrote:
murchr wrote:
Ouch

Kerber is tough, Pray

Very!....and stubborn. Serena just used her experience to snatch the last ball in winning the first set. The second set is really tight and so it will end over 21.5.Applause
Njung'e
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 5:31:36 PM

Game over. It's Serena.Applause Applause
murchr
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 5:44:49 PM

Njung'e wrote:
Game over. It's Serena.Applause Applause

Applause Applause Applause Applause Am happy for her, that no 22 was becoming elusive.
butterflyke
#19 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 8:30:47 PM

Yaaaaas!! 22 Grand Slams in the racket sleeve for Serena Applause
tycho
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 11:56:54 PM

butterflyke wrote:
Yaaaaas!! 22 Grand Slams in the racket sleeve for Serena Applause

'Great to see her again'. If this is a pun, then it's intended...